Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 12 - Demons v Blues Fri June 2nd 7:50pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 27 42.2%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne-vs-Carlton.png

4th v 13th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 12

MELBOURNE V CARLTON
FRIDAY JUNE 2ND 7:50PM AEST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

DEMONS

B: A.Tomlinson, S.May, J.McVee
HB: J.Bowey, J.Lever, C.Salem
C: T.Sparrow, J.Viney, E.Langdon
HF: K.Chandler, B.Fritsch, K.Pickett
F: C.Spargo, B.Grundy, A.Neal-Bullen
FOLL: M.Gawn - C, C.Petracca, L.Hunter

I/C: J.van Rooyen, A.Brayshaw, T.Rivers, J.Smith
EMG: J.Harmes, T.Woewodin, D.Turner, B.Brown

In: A.Tomlinson, L.Hunter, J.Smith
Out: J.Harmes (Omitted), M.Hibberd (Injured), T.McDonald (Injured), J.Jordon (Sub)

BLUES
B: A.Cincotta, J.Weitering, B.Kemp
HB: Le.Young, M.McGovern, A.Saad
C: S.Walsh, P.Cripps - C, B.Acres
HF: J.Motlop, C.Curnow, J.Silvagni
F: Z.Fisher, H.McKay, M.Owies
FOLL: T.De Koning, A.Cerra, M.Kennedy

I/C: J.Boyd, S.Docherty, L.O’Brien, M.Cottrell
EMG: L.Fogarty, P.Dow, L.Plowman, E.Curnow

In: A.Cincotta, Le.Young, J.Silvagni, Z.Fisher, L.O’Brien
Out: E.Curnow (Omitted), N.Newman (Injured), C.Durdin (Injured), M.Pittonet (Injured), G.Hewett (Injured), O.Hollands (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

ROUND 12 BYES : Brisbane ▪️ Saint Kilda ▪️ Sydney ▪️ Fremantle

Last edited:

danster168

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dees are cooked. Blues by 4 goals.

But for heavens sake can the umpires stop murdering us. Umpires cost us maybe 4 goals versus Port and against Freo the standard of umpiring was horrific for both teams but the freo decisions were in more costly areas of the ground. We didn't deserve to win either match but boy gee give us a chance. I'm starting to agree with the conspiracy that the umps have had an agenda since we embarrassed the AFL with the Van Rooyen tribunal challenge.

melbun

Team Captain
Jan 15, 2023
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Giants.
Can we trade all of our forward line for Toby?
Blues by 3 points.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
A lot of pessimistic Dees fans in here. I get it to some extent, but sheesh if we can beat Carlton anyone can.
We've been pulling the Blues pants down forever. Not sure if we're at ten in a row yet, but I can't remember the last time they beat us. Pretty sure our winning streak includes the 100+ belting back in 2018.

Blues in turmoil, directors being fired, media blowtorch, A-graders forgetting how to kick.
It's gotta turn sometime, and that some time is gonna be Friday night at the G. :'(

We've been pulling the Blues pants down forever. Not sure if we're at ten in a row yet, but I can't remember the last time they beat us. Pretty sure our winning streak includes the 100+ belting back in 2018.

Blues in turmoil, directors being fired, media blowtorch, A-graders forgetting how to kick.
It's gotta turn sometime, and that some time is gonna be Friday night at the G. :'(
Oh goodness. Your reply popped up in my notifications and I thought “ah splendid, surely Toump will buck the trend of downbeat Dees supporters and chime in with a nice belligerent prediction of Melbourne to win by about 150 points…”

Everything was going to plan until your second paragraph came along. Left me hopelessly dissatisfied :sadv1:

Massive selection changes at the Blues

Out: Pokies, Chair and at least One Director, unreal expectation
In: Porky Pies, Kennett, McGuire ( experienced Chairs in need of gigs), reality

Even against my injury ravaged mob, the Blues struggled. There is no doubt their team put in., but the fact remains the blues lack a decent balanced list.

The Dees missed Oliver but were done at home by a decent Freo outfit. reckon they will come back this week and have a comfortable win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ep12

Senior List
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Love the positivity of the Melbourne posters.
Carlton ravaged by injury and suspension, Cripps to play on one leg, forwards can't kick straight, board members are fighting and play a horrible brand of football.
However, this is still Melbourne, and we love to make bad sides look good. No surprises at all if Carlton gets up in a close one.

Young Redleg

Team Captain
Nov 16, 2022
AFL Club
Melbourne
This definitely isn't a cakewalk victory for us. Even though we haven't lost to Carlton since 2016, they're always ultra competitive against us and they were very unlucky not to beat us last year.

It would be handy if some of our second tier players step up. Aside from Rivers, I can't really think of anyone who has actually improved since last season.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

I think they last beat us in 2017?

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Carlton are badly out of form and have injuries and players missing this week

Demons have been stung and their big name players are going to want to extract revenge and will take it out on the blues

Game style pace ruck dominance experience and winning culture
Max & Grundy will be licking their chops this week

Melbourne 66 points

Sep 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors

Brother you guys might be flat track bullies which is a shitty feeling I get it.

But you are playing 2023 Carlton. I'd love for us to somehow pull it all together but we are closer to getting blown out than winning at this point.

Good chance we make 5-7 changes due to injury and while I'm not sure we can play any worse it's going to be hard to improve off that. Plus I can't think of a side that has a worse record when it comes to performing on Friday night than Carlton.

So if the Dees drop this one you guys should straight up fold.

Brother you guys might be flat track bullies which is a shitty feeling I get it.

But you are playing 2023 Carlton. I'd love for us to somehow pull it all together but we are closer to getting blown out than winning at this point.

Good chance we make 5-7 changes due to injury and while I'm not sure we can play any worse it's going to be hard to improve off that. Plus I can't think of a side that has a worse record when it comes to performing on Friday night than Carlton.

So if the Dees drop this one you guys should straight up fold.

poor North… what do they have to do with this debacle of a match?

Back