Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 12 - Dogs v Cats Sat June 3rd 7:25pm AESt (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs-vs-Geelong.png

6th v 10th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 12

WESTERN BULLDOGS V GEELONG
SATURDAY JUNE 3RD 7:25PM AEST (MARVEL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

BULLDOGS

B: T.Duryea, L.Jones, T.O’Brien
HB: B.Dale, R.Gardner, E.Richards
C: A.Scott, M.Bontempelli - C, B.Williams
HF: J.Macrae, A.Naughton, C.Daniel
F: C.Weightman, J.Ugle-Hagan, R.Lobb
FOLL: T.English, A.Treloar, T.Liberatore

I/C: J.O’Donnell, A.Jones, O.Baker, B.Smith
EMG: L.McNeil, A.Keath, L.Vandermeer, M.Hannan

In: A.Treloar
Out: L.McNeil (Omitted), M.Hannan (Omitted)

CATS
B: M.O’Connor, S.De Koning, O.Mullin
HB: Z.Guthrie, J.Kolodjashnij, T.Stewart - C
C: Z.Tuohy, T.Atkins, I.Smith
HF: B.Close, G.Rohan, T.Stengle
F: T.Hawkins, J.Cameron, J.Henry
FOLL: J.Ceglar, M.Blicavs, T.Bruhn

I/C: J.Bews, M.Knevitt, G.Miers, O.Henry
EMG: S.Simpson, B.Parfitt, J.Bowes, O.Dempsey

In: G.Rohan
Out: E.Ratugolea (Injured), B.Parfitt (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

ROUND 12 BYES : Brisbane * Saint Kilda * Sydney * Fremantle

Last edited:
Depends on what players return this week.
If Jack Henry is injured again, it will be just Kolodjashnij and De Koning alternating between three forwards listed at 195cm+

Definitely need Dangerfield back.

The Dogs had a hiccup against the Suns, but will rebound and be far too good for the hapless Cats who appear to have thrown in the towel this season. Bulldogs by 46points

Our largest losing margin is 29 points.

They are fighting out games but simply don't have the quality in midfield to get enough forward fifty entries.
Even on the weekend, we had no right to come within 2 points after looking completely out of it all day.

Our largest losing margin is 29 points.

They are fighting out games but simply don't have the quality in midfield to get enough forward fifty entries.
Even on the weekend, we had no right to come within 2 points after looking completely out of it all day.
Not just the entries but the quality of our forward fifty entries are long high blind bombed kicks often under pressure into a crowded forward half.

Our transition game is non existent at present with our personell. Don’t expect us to get over the line in this one.

Dogs by 3-6 goals.

Regardless of ins or out, Geelong is the bogey team for the Bulldogs. Could be one of those games where we dominate most categories but it still comes down to the wire. Marra & Naughton's goal-kicking is well off this year which is a huge concern

Regardless of ins or out, Geelong is the bogey team for the Bulldogs. Could be one of those games where we dominate most categories but it still comes down to the wire. Marra & Naughton's goal-kicking is well off this year which is a huge concern
You should easily got the job done against this geelong side. Our entire starting midfield is out, with a total of 10/22 best 22 missing.. we won’t be able to get up to beat a good side with a particularly strong midfield like doggies.

You will get it done almost 99% sure of this

The players who attended centre bounces last weekend says it all:

English, Bontempelli, Liberatore, MacRae, Smith, Daniel and Lobb

Vs

Ceglar, Blicavs, Atkins, O'Connor, Bruhn, Parfitt and a few each for Knevitt, Close and Stengle.

I don't think any of our mids come back either. Certainly none of Stanley, Guthrie, Duncan or Holmes. It sounds like not Danger either.

Why are the Bulldogs not well inside $1.50?

The players who attended centre bounces last weekend says it all:

English, Bontempelli, Liberatore, MacRae, Smith, Daniel and Lobb

Vs

Ceglar, Blicavs, Atkins, O'Connor, Bruhn, Parfitt and a few each for Knevitt, Close and Stengle.

I don't think any of our mids come back either. Certainly none of Stanley, Guthrie, Duncan or Holmes. It sounds like not Danger either.

Why are the Bulldogs not well inside $1.50?
It should be 1.10 to 5.50….. those midfields are miles apart

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just can't see us winning, we couldn't beat 15th (Tigers) and 14th (GWS) down on our home deck how are we gonna win vs Doggies at Marvel?

Our midfield has to be the worst in the comp at the moment and Doggies have one of the best.

You should easily got the job done against this geelong side. Our entire starting midfield is out, with a total of 10/22 best 22 missing.. we won’t be able to get up to beat a good side with a particularly strong midfield like doggies.

Now it’s 10? Last week it was 8-9 and then S De Koning & O. Henry came back in! I’m confused!

Just can't see us winning, we couldn't beat 15th (Tigers) and 14th (GWS) down on our home deck how are we gonna win vs Doggies at Marvel?

Our midfield has to be the worst in the comp at the moment and Doggies have one of the best.

They really don’t.

Now it’s 10? Last week it was 8-9 and then S De Koning & O. Henry came back in! I’m confused!
I heard someone else quote 10 but i disnt bother to check myself. So 8 now with two back and rqtugolea out. Hopefully a few back in this week in the midfield. We cant expect to go toe to toe with probably the games best midfield with our VFL midfield.. It will be a bloodbath in their.

I heard someone else quote 10 but i disnt bother to check myself. So 8 now with two back and rqtugolea out. Hopefully a few back in this week in the midfield. We cant expect to go toe to toe with probably the games best midfield with our VFL midfield.. It will be a bloodbath in their.

I was going to say Menegola isn't best 22 based on how he was traveling last time he was fit but looking at the stats, he was averaging 20 disposals & just under a goal per game.
Isaac Smith is currently averaging about the same and he's been critical during this period of time without our main midfield brigade.

Stanley's a funny one. He does not rack up numbers like Ceglar does. Isn't as proficient winning clearances, and/or tap work but it's his agility which allows Geelong to utilize both Blicavs + Stanley all around the ground. He doesn't tire as quickly as what Ceglar does.

If we get back Dangerfield, Rohan and Bowes this week, we are right in this.
The Western Bulldogs have the best midfield in the competition but for all that midfield quality, they're only averaging 11 goals per game. Playing conditions come into consideration so just include their last three games at Docklands (completely ignore the first two rounds), they're averaging 10.6 goals per game.

During Geelong's recent losing streak, they are averaging the same number . . . 10.6 goals per game and we are playing our VFL midfielders.

first time in a while I'm not confident we can get it done. Our forward line is nice but without a midfield feeding them I can't see how we'll win this one.

GWS even without Kelly are a brilliant midfield and it took Geelong until the final quarter to find a way back into the game with 4 goals in 15 minutes before a lapse in concentration by Mullin (left his man Daniels) sealed their fate in the dying minutes.

Dogs are a bit overrated. If Dangerfield does not play, it will be tough but I think this is going to be a very close game.

Back