Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 12 - Eagles v Pies Sat June 3rd 4:35pm AEST/2:35pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

• Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

• Pies by a lot

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE-vs-Coll.png

18th v 1st

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 12

WEST COAST V COLLINGWOOD
SATURDAY JUNE 3RD 4:35PM AEST/2:35PM WST(PERTH STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

EAGLES

B: S.Hurn, T.Barrass, A.Witherden
HB: B.Hough, J.Rotham, L.Duggan
C: J.Hunt, E.Yeo, L.Foley
HF: A.Gaff, J.Waterman, C.West
F: J.Petruccelle, O.Allen - C, N.Long
FOLL: B.Williams, D.Sheed, T.Kelly

I/C: R.Ginbey, X.O’Neill, R.Bazzo, C.Jamieson
EMG: E.Hewett, C.Chesser, Z.Trew, G.Clark

In: C.Jamieson
Out: L.Edwards (Injured), G.Clark (Sub)

MAGPIES
B: I.Quaynor, D.Moore - C, B.Maynard
HB: B.Frampton, N.Murphy, B.McCreery
C: B.Hill, N.Daicos, J.Daicos
HF: A.Johnson, B.Mihocek, J.De Goey
F: T.Adams, D.Cameron, W.Hoskin-Elliott
FOLL: M.Cox, S.Pendlebury, T.Mitchell

I/C: J.Noble, J.Crisp, J.Ginnivan, H.Harrison
EMG: T.Bianco, E.Allan, F.Macrae, O.Markov

In: B.Frampton, H.Harrison
Out: S.Sidebottom (Injured), J.Elliott (Injured), O.Markov (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

ROUND 12 BYES : Brisbane * Saint Kilda * Sydney * Fremantle

Last edited:
Really comes down to how far the Magpies want to win by. They’ve been cruising a bit the last couple of weeks rather than really burying sides. They don’t really need percentage so I wonder if they’ll just cruise to a solid but not massive win again here.

If they turn up wanting blood then it could get really ugly but I just don’t see why they would. 4 points, no injuries, then back on the plane.

Sep 14, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Never thought I’d see the day we were $1.03 favourites over there. We’ve only ever beaten West Coast in Perth six times—three of those were by 1 point, and a fourth was a final that went to extra time. I’m struggling to even think of a game we were favourites at all.
You reminded me of Round 9 2005.

Eagles top of the ladder and undefeated facing a bottom placed Pies who were 1-7.

Guess what happened there?

Sep 25, 2011
The Home of Football
AFL Club
Collingwood
You reminded me of Round 9 2005.

Eagles top of the ladder and undefeated facing a bottom placed Pies who were 1-7.

Guess what happened there?
I was there that day, that crossed my mind as well. We stormed over the top in the end, in fact we won our next couple as well (including Geelong who was second at the time).

Another fun fact: after taking the lead against Carlton last year, and our win against Port in round 2 tied things up—West Coast are now the only team we have a negative H2H against.

cactuscall

michaelangelo is a party dude
Jul 26, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If they turn up wanting blood then it could get really ugly but I just don’t see why they would. 4 points, no injuries, then back on the plane.
Orrrr...get blood, 4 points, no injuries then back on the plane. I mean it's an option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monco Matt

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, 49ers
We have been "cruising" somewhat lately in our winning margins I suppose. But if there is one club that we still want to beat and beat badly it is the WCE (for obvious reasons). If we are going to severely crush a team it will be them. I think we will go after a huge win this time.

Pies by 114 points.

Monco Matt

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, 49ers
Pretty sure the game in Melbourne last year was expected to go the same way...
True! But it's fair to say that both teams have taken different pathways since then and are playing vastly different football. If you think the result will be the same put a gorilla on it and setup your retirement fund.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Really comes down to how far the Magpies want to win by. They’ve been cruising a bit the last couple of weeks rather than really burying sides. They don’t really need percentage so I wonder if they’ll just cruise to a solid but not massive win again here.

Jamie Elliot out this week with a shoulder, willing to bet if this was the KB game, he'd be playing.

I'm going to the game and not expecting an out and out annihilation, but a 'comfortable' win.

I'm more than certain the Pies are 'managing'

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
We have been "cruising" somewhat lately in our winning margins I suppose. But if there is one club that we still want to beat and beat badly it is the WCE (for obvious reasons). If we are going to severely crush a team it will be them. I think we will go after a huge win this time.

Pies by 114 points.
No I don't think so, it'd be the 3 local enemy clubs they'd want to beat badly, and it seems this season aren't interested in 'wanna beat this team more than others' - that's for us tribes in the outer. The team has bigger fish to fry, all opposition is just, well opposition to defeat.

I've got no doubt in my mind, that this team, are 'managing' and not going balls out at 11/10ths to go the jugular. They'll win, by how much, time will tell.

Their main aim is just to qualify, as Fly alluded, as high as possible, and this is probably the way to do that.

Some might look at our less than convincing wins like last week and come to the conclusion or question, 'I don't think they're that good?'. I don't reckon they're anywhere near potential at the minute and they'll hit the nitrous button at the pointy end of the season.

While it'd be nice to hand out a smashing, keeping reserve and focus on the big picture while simultaneously keeping focus on the next game will have better reward at the end of the year.

Monco Matt

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, 49ers
No I don't think so, it'd be the 3 local enemy clubs they'd want to beat badly, and it seems this season aren't interested in 'wanna beat this team more than others' - that's for us tribes in the outer. The team has bigger fish to fry, all opposition is just, well opposition to defeat.

I've got no doubt in my mind, that this team, are 'managing' and not going balls out at 11/10ths to go the jugular. They'll win, by how much, time will tell.

Their main aim is just to qualify, as Fly alluded, as high as possible, and this is probably the way to do that.

Some might look at our less than convincing wins like last week and come to the conclusion or question, 'I don't think they're that good?'. I don't reckon they're anywhere near potential at the minute and they'll hit the nitrous button at the pointy end of the season.

While it'd be nice to hand out a smashing, keeping reserve and focus on the big picture while simultaneously keeping focus on the next game will have better reward at the end of the year.
I bet you like to pop balloons at children's parties! ;)

Back