Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 12 - Suns v Crows Sat June 3rd 7:30pm AEST (TIO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldcoast-vs-Adelaide.png

12th v 7th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 12

GOLD COAST V ADELAIDE
SATURDAY JUNE 3RD 7:30PM AEST (TIO STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

SUNS

B: D.Macpherson, S.Collins, J.Farrar
HB: B.Fiorini, C.Ballard, W.Powell
C: N.Holman, D.Swallow, J.Lukosius
HF: M.Rosas, J.Jeffrey, B.Ainsworth
F: B.Humphrey, B.King, L.Casboult
FOLL: J.Witts - C, M.Rowell, N.Anderson

I/C: R.Atkins, T.Berry, A.Davies, B.Long
EMG: B.Ellis, S.Day, J.Tsitas, B.Uwland

In: None
Out: M.Andrew (Club Suspension)

CROWS
B: M.Michalanney, N.Murray, J.Butts
HB: M.Hinge, T.Doedee, W.Milera
C: L.Sholl, J.Dawson - C, J.Soligo
HF: L.Murphy, D.Fogarty, L.Pedlar
F: J.Rachele, T.Walker, I.Rankine
FOLL: R.O’Brien, R.Laird, B.Keays

I/C: R.Thilthorpe, C.Jones, R.Sloane, B.Smith
EMG: S.Berry, K.Strachan, B.Cook, N.McHenry

In: M.Hinge, B.Smith
Out: J.Worrell (Omitted), N.McHenry (Omitted), P.Parnell (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

ROUND 12 BYES : Brisbane * Saint Kilda * Sydney * Fremantle

Last edited:
The Crows would be dead certainties if this was at home but in Darwin it’s a bit of a 50/50. Feels like the next step in their development is to win games like this but I’m just not sure if they’re there yet (happy to be proven wrong). Suns by a goal or two

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So far this season Crows did not perform too well away. They played 7 games at Adelaide oval for 5 wins. One solitary away win was against Hawks. I hope the trend continues :p

Spending a week in Darwin and being used to the conditions should suit Suns. Both teams are great in contest. Crows pressure against Lions was unbelievable.

Suns need this win to have any chance of finals.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I bet umpires stayed in Darwin for second game. I believe the same happened last year. Number 13 is insanely bad. Who knows he may even feel guilty and overcompensate.
Don't worry yourself there..if you aw how the umpires officiated our game V Brisbane...they sure as hell won't do us any favors...so they will cancel themselves out and we will both get crap decisions so nil all draw from an umpiring perspective

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Don't worry yourself there..if you aw how the umpires officiated our game V Brisbane...they sure as hell won't do us any favors...so they will cancel themselves out and we will both get crap decisions so nil all draw from an umpiring perspective
I watched Crows vs Lions. That was a picnic compared to what was happening to Suns on Sat.

BTW, the pressure you put on Lions was unbelievable, highest this season so far from any team - 205 game average. Basically, no injuries does not hurt either.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I watched Crows vs Lions. That was a picnic compared to what was happening to Suns on Sat.

BTW, the pressure you put on Lions was unbelievable, highest this season so far from any team - 205 game average.
Oh if you looked at our non crows thread...you would have seen comments there that totally aligned with yours re the umpiring you had against you v the dogs. We have been victims of it ourselves v them..so we can very much sympathise...and to still win was a big feather in the cap

I stand by my prediction, we are still nota great side away from home and you guys had a very impressive win..I see the suns winning by a few goals

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Oh if you looked at our non crows thread...you would have seen comments there that totally aligned with yours re the umpiring you had against you v the dogs. We have been victims of it ourselves v them..so we can very much sympathise...and to still win was a big feather in the cap

I stand by my prediction, we are still nota great side away from home and you guys had a very impressive win..I see the suns winning by a few goals
It should be a good game. It's a different type of footy in Darwin evening especially after HT - just territory battle, difficult to mark.

If you bring the same pressure, you have a good shot. Laird out would be big. But Suns do miss some good players - Miller, Weller, Lemmens (would probably play on Rankine).

As usual midfield battle will decide the game.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
It should be a good game. It's a different type of footy in Darwin evening especially after HT - just territory battle, difficult to mark.

If you bring the same pressure, you have a good shot. Laird out would be big. But Suns do miss some good players - Miller, Weller, Lemmens (would probably play on Rankine).

As usual midfield battle will decide the game.
Not wanting to derail but whats the go with Elijah Hollands. he is a player that features on our threads as a crows fan as a junior but he looks like he is struggling to get much ball in your reserves. What has happened to him as a player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not wanting to derail but whats the go with Elijah Hollands. he is a player that features on our threads as a crows fan as a junior but he looks like he is struggling to get much ball in your reserves. What has happened to him as a player?
Yeah, a lot of interest from Crows fans :)

Not sure. Played first 4 AFL games mostly on wing but was quite disappointing. Watching him in VFL he is still disappointing. Not really working hard. Disappointed that he was dropped? Lost confidence/form? For sure number 1 disappointment so far this year from Suns list perspective.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, a lot of interest from Crows fans :)

Not sure. Played first 4 AFL games mostly on wing but was quite disappointing. Watching him in VFL he is still disappointing. Not really working hard. Disappointed that he was dropped? Lost confidence/form? For sure number 1 disappointment so far this year from Suns list perspective.
I make no qualms that I have rated him very highly...but is he a guy that with your new ins this year, could be surplus to requirements based on his progression if the right kind of offer happened to come in for him?..Without wanting to cause ay ire, it looks like you guys have 3 very highly rated players from the academy this year and that alone will ramp up competition for spots big time and with the form of guys like Bailey, Anderson, Rowell etc..its a tough unit to crack into right now

But anyway, I speak no more of him or trading etc, lets hope for a cracking game Saturday night

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I make no qualms that I have rated him very highly...but is he a guy that with your new ins this year, could be surplus to requirements based on his progression if the right kind of offer happened to come in for him?..Without wanting to cause ay ire, it looks like you guys have 3 very highly rated players from the academy this year and that alone will ramp up competition for spots big time and with the form of guys like Bailey, Anderson, Rowell etc..its a tough unit to crack into right now

But anyway, I speak no more of him or trading etc, lets hope for a cracking game Saturday night
Hollands is under contract until the end of 2024. I doubt Suns would let him go this year unless he really wants to. Nothing wrong learning craft in VFL but perceived lack of effort is a worry. He may still turn it around. He had some good games late last year.

Sharp (definitely) and Flanders could be available :)

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
It's away for both sides. Crows are training with heaters on also, they'll be acclimatised.
Think we'll get up for this one.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Game of the round.
The consequences of this one are profound.

Crows win and they're well entrenched inside the eight with good percentage.
Suns win and they have a batch of winnable games coming up.

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It's a fascinating match up with the result holding numerous consequences for both sides. The Crows are playing for the opportunity to enter the top 6 and the Suns are playing to enter/equal the top 8 (percentage pending). A loss for the Crows likely sees them drop out of the top 8 and a loss for the Suns makes it VERY difficult to stay in the finals hunt - such is the nature of the 8 point swing game that this is. The bookies currently have both sides at $1.90 equal money so they can't split us. The Crows have been exceptional at home this season but fairly poor away from the Adelaide Oval and the Suns have been really solid for the last six weeks with three of those four wins occurring interstate. Seems like a genuine 50/50 game in almost every respect.

Might just be the optimist in me but I think we're going to win this one. We've been really good in all three Darwin games over the last 12 months and we beat the Crows by 43 points last time we played them. Suns by 16 points

I bet umpires stayed in Darwin for second game. I believe the same happened last year. Number 13 is insanely bad. Who knows he may even feel guilty and overcompensate.
Fortunately for both sides, that particular umpire has been dropped this week.

Back