Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Blues v Bombers Sun June 11th 7:15pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton-vs-Essendon.png

14th v 6th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 13
CARLTON V ESSENDON
SUNDAY JUNE 11TH 7:15PM AEST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

BLUES
B: A.Cincotta, J.Weitering, J.Boyd
HB: A.Saad, M.McGovern, B.Kemp
C: S.Walsh, P.Cripps - C, B.Acres
HF: J.Martin, C.Curnow, S.Docherty
F: M.Owies, H.McKay, T.De Koning
FOLL: M.Pittonet, A.Cerra, E.Curnow

I/C (FROM): L.Fogarty, P.Dow, M.Kennedy, J.Motlop, M.Cottrell, J.Silvagni, L.Cowan, Le.Young

In: J.Martin, M.Pittonet, E.Curnow, L.Fogarty, L.Cowan
Out: Z.Fisher (Omitted), L.O’Brien (Omitted)

BOMBERS
B: A.McGrath, B.Zerk-Thatcher, J.Laverde
HB: M.Redman, J.Ridley, K.Langford
C: N.Martin, Z.Merrett - C, D.Heppell
HF: S.Durham, S.Weideman, A.Perkins
F: M.Guelfi, P.Wright, J.Stringer
FOLL: S.Draper, B.Hobbs, J.Caldwell

I/C (FROM): W.Snelling, N.Hind, N.Bryan, J.Kelly, A.Phillips, T.Wanganeen, M.D’Ambrosio, J.Menzie

In: P.Wright, N.Bryan, J.Kelly, T.Wanganeen
Out: D.Shiel (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

ROUND 13 BYES: GOLD COAST SUNS * GEELONG

King’s Birthday Rivalry Clash

This Sunday, Carlton and Essendon will reignite their fierce rivalry when they face off in the inaugural King’s Birthday Rivalry Clash. Sharing a rich history, Round 13 will mark the 252nd time the clubs will meet. For the first time ever, the 32 premiership cups from both Carlton and Essendon will come together, with an opportunity for fans to take photos. In a throwback to the passionate 1990’s rivalry, food prices will also reflect those of the 90’s starting with pies at $2 before the first bounce. As the two most successful Clubs in AFL history, we encourage all footy fans to come down and celebrate this new era on a very special night.

Last edited:

2 Meter Peter will be back combined with Phillips & Draper this could be testing the Blues ability to compete in the Ruck and defence

Charlie & Harry will test the undersized bomber defence

When is Parish due back and is Shiela playing after coming off early

Feeling Jakey Stringer is due for a big game

2 Meter Peter will be back combined with Phillips & Draper this could be testing the Blues ability to compete in the Ruck and defence

Charlie & Harry will test the undersized bomber defence

When is Parish due back and is Shiela playing after coming off early

Feeling Jakey Stringer is due for a big game

With 2MP back they could throw Langford back if needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we try to score, Carlton under Crazy Vossy just wants to play ring around the Rosie.
If Carlton do manage to decide to attack I do fear for our undersized defenders and could easily see Charlie and Harry getting half a dozen or more shots on goal each which is big trouble.
Think we will win by 4-5 goals though

This is going to be an intriguing contest. Both teams are flakey at best so I think this is a pretty even matchup.

I think the Blues will finally break their run of losses and squeeze over the line here. It is only a matter of time before Curnow & McKay and others actually kick straight and the team reaps 15.7 instead of 7.15 or something like that. The Dons can be awesome with ball in hand when they have their day but like we saw on the weekend they can be away with the fairies just as easily.

The Blues work ethic I think is a little bit better. They will keep plugging away with Walsh, Doc, Cerra & Cripps giving their forwards more opportunities.

I'd like the Dons to win just to heap more pressure on Voss and Carlton as it is enjoyable to watch the fallout but I think they will get it done this time.

Blues by 14 points.

this game is utterly massive for us. Need to show up ready to play 4 qtrs. if we want the win.

Carlton are too good though to stay down for too long, even if their game plan is s**t, they just have so much talent. So the pessimist in me says this is the game where Carlton play back into form.

Eagerly awaiting this game, also love the fixture of Sunday night before kings birthday, similar feel to the Anzac eve game.

Could go either way this one

Back