Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Crows v Eagles Sat June 10th 4:35pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

• Crows by a lot

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet you cheer SPP who assaulted a women in a drunken nightclub incident.
And wasn't it a Power player who smashed his car after attending a boozy club get together and then went into hiding for 24 hours so he could avoid a breath test?

something about glass houses comes to mind.
As the old verse goes..Let he who has no sin cast the first stone

Making one racist comment does not make you a racist. He has apologised and worked to make amends.

Polly farmer used to complain about racists comments he received from Geelong supporters even when he played for them. Does that make Geelong a racist club?

Wasn't it a Power supporter who threw a banana at Eddie Betts? Port is obviously a racist club.
Isnt the topic Tex Walker, not the club?
What has Adelaide, Geelong or Port Adelaide have to do with what Tex said?

If you found out your workplace was racist would you leave it?
Yes.
Would you leave your family if they were racist?
Not sure what relevance that has to Taylor Walker, but I wouldn't associate with racist family members if I could help it. Luckily I don't have any.

Hypotheticals are often diversions as they imply a false equivalency.
Eg If someone used a racial slur towards one of your friends or family members, would you like to see that person chaired off the ground and celebrated?
If your answer is No, then why does your answer change if it’s not someone you know?

This is an interesting one as it popped up in a conversation at work last year.
Was asked if I'd speak up if I were a movie actor and knew about Harvey Weinstein's perverted actions and you do have to think about it.

Yes.

Not sure what relevance that has to Taylor Walker, but I wouldn't associate with racist family members if I could help it. Luckily I don't have any.

So why, dear Schulzenfest, would you live in a country with a history of racism at government levels?

Where do you draw the line?

I'm genuinely curious about this because you are happy to hang a bloke after one comment. No redemption opportunities, you clearly don't believe in rehabilitation, I'm trying to understand this from your moral perspective.

Had a squizz at the team lists and some of the game.

What struck me was the number of B+ types on undoubted good coin that West Coast was able to field. Like the unbalanced Carlton teams the Eagles played some blokes not up to it and some kids. The Blues remain competitive.

Some of the highly regarded Eagles barely gave a yelp. Is Jack Darling carrying a heartstring disorder? Condition must be contagious as Andrew Gaff was again averse to contests. Whatever Game awareness Gaff may have had seems to have been replaced by thinking more about and enjoying his financials.

I wonder how West Coast's indigenous players felt about being asked to clap Walker off the field.
They probably recognise that he's a champion, who apologised for using the word "black campaigner" to describe someone who had tried to injure a teammate.

Indigenous men have faced true racism their entire life. They can recognise mistakes that just need a genuine apology.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Walker issue, he comes across as a not too bright boofhead from Broken Hill.

His attempted bullying of Lever was one sign of his Neanderthal values, his absence of leadership at the diabolical camp another.

I recall Matty Nicks being upset and angry when the Walker racist remark became public. Suspect given the power he would have sacked Walker on the spot. The good old boys running the Club would never allow it.

You sure do get upset about people telling the truth. I take it you also clapped and cheered for a racist this evening?

Were you upset when somebody racially abused Izak Rankine online earlier this year? Were you upset when Eddie Betts used to cop racial abuse? Did you want to see the people who did it punished? Did you think there was no place for that in the game? Guess what, the guy you clapped and cheered off the ground tonight did the same thing.
He did nothing even approximating that.

40,000 Adelaide Crows supporters stood, clapped and cheered for a man who called an indigenous footballer a 'weak black c***' as he was chaired off the ground and you think it's my post that's in poor taste? Alright then m8.

The only thing that's in poor taste is Taylor Walker's continued employment as an AFL footballer and the hero worship he receives from your fans.
You're 100% right in that he should have called him a weak c*nt for the way he targetted Crouch, instead of a weak black c*nt. It was a terrible and unnecessary thing to say.

He has also apologised and done serious and sincere work with First Nations people.

I recognise those looking for internet points will never forgive him, but any reasonable person would, including his indigenous team mates and opponents.

What he said privately is vastly different to what anonymous internet posters or banana throwers have said and done.

If you point out on this site that football still celebrates a racist you're hit with disagrees en masse.
Tex Walker is a racist. That's an uncomfortable statement but is true.

The clip they had with him and the man he vilified where it became all about Tex's redemption was sickening.
He's a low intelligence racist. Nothing more.
Pathetic comment.

One action or comment doesn't define someone forever.

He foolishly said something racist. That doesn't mean he will forever BE racist.

Yet you cheer SPP who assaulted a women in a drunken nightclub incident.
And wasn't it a Power player who smashed his car after attending a boozy club get together and then went into hiding for 24 hours so he could avoid a breath test?

something about glass houses comes to mind.
Let's not get into Adam Heuskes and Peter Burgoyne.

The great cover ups of Power criminal acts has been going on for decades.

Not the least bit surprising how many Crows fans are defending their racist hero by deflecting to accusing a young indigenous man of committing a crime that he wasn't charged with and was cleared of committing by an independent investigation. Probably upset that there wasn't a good old fashioned lynching.

Not the least bit surprising how many Crows fans are defending their racist hero by deflecting to accusing a young indigenous man of committing a crime that he wasn't charged with and was cleared of committing by an independent investigation. Probably upset that there wasn't a good old fashioned lynching.
No, I would have forgiven Powell Pepper for the drunken assault he made in a nightclub on a young woman, if he'd owned his actions and apologized.

People sometimes do out of character things when under the influence, so I think it's reasonable to forgive, if the victim is also forgiving.

But instead it's just classic denial, deflection and coverup. A "Port Adelaide investigation" and we just say that the woman who had his hand up her skirt was lying? Sad.

I'm less comfortable with Jarman Impey fleeing a drunken car crash, as that has genuine risk on human life. He shouldn't have ridden off on a bicycle, and it shouldn't have been largely covered up.

I'm not going to comment on Parklands incidents from 2000.

You won't even answer a question pal so you might want to jog on

On the Walker issue, he comes across as a not too bright boofhead from Broken Hill.

His attempted bullying of Lever was one sign of his Neanderthal values, his absence of leadership at the diabolical camp another.

I recall Matty Nicks being upset and angry when the Walker racist remark became public. Suspect given the power he would have sacked Walker on the spot. The good old boys running the Club would never allow it.

Please write a book about everything you seem to know about AFC.

Back