Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Dogs v Port Fri June 9th 7:50pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs-vs-Port-Adelaide.png

7th v 2nd

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 13
WESTERN BULLDOGS V PORT ADELAIDE
FRIDAY JUNE 9TH 7:50PM AEST (MARVEL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

BULLDOGS

B: T.Duryea, L.Jones, A.Keath
HB: B.Dale, J.Bruce, L.Vandermeer
C: A.Scott, M.Bontempelli - C, B.Williams
HF: R.West, A.Naughton, A.Treloar
F: C.Weightman, J.Ugle-Hagan, R.Lobb
FOLL: T.English, C.Daniel, T.Liberatore
I/C: J.O’Donnell, A.Jones, B.Smith, J.Macrae
EMG: O.Baker, M.Hannan, J.Sweet, C.Poulter

In: A.Keath, J.Bruce, L.Vandermeer, R.West
Out: R.Gardner (Omitted), O.Baker (Omitted), T.O’Brien (Omitted), E.Richards (Injured), L.McNeil (Sub)

POWER
B: D.Byrne-Jones, T.McKenzie, D.Houston
HB: K.Farrell, A.Aliir, D.Williams
C: M.Bergman, J.Horne-Francis, J.Sinn
HF: Z.Butters, T.Marshall, T.Boak
F: J.Finlayson, C.Dixon, S.Powell-Pepper
FOLL: S.Lycett, O.Wines - C, C.Rozee

I/C: L.Jones, W.Drew, J.McEntee, J.Rioli
EMG: F.Evans, R.Bonner, R.Burton, O.Lord

In: T.Boak, C.Dixon
Out: R.Burton (Omitted), R.Bonner (Omitted), O.Lord (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

ROUND 13 BYES: GOLD COAST SUNS * GEELONG

Last edited:
Harder to pick than a broken nose this game.

We ran out of legs against Hawthorn during warm conditions at Adelaide Oval plus successive 6 day breaks will likely lead to a flat start against a side that are know for fast starts. Game could be over at quarter time if we are not switch on from the first bounce. However if we can hang in there, we could grind it out for a close win. I expect the Dogs to respond hard after a couple of disappointing losses.

I think we are going to drop this game and probably by a fair margin too.

I don't understand power fans at all...

You have to pick the team that's won 9 in a row against the team that's lost their last two

...from a team that rarely leaves the MCG or the state for that matter. A concept of playing away interstate every second week that Collingwood would never understand. Just awaiting for the "blockbuster fatigue" to set in.

The probability of winning more games away in modern AFL is rare and being realistic, we are due for a loss. However if we win the next 2 against Bulldogs and Cats, then the mood will definitely flip and we will start being the "Puffers" that BF love to talk about.

...from a team that rarely leaves the MCG or the state for that matter. A concept of playing away interstate every second week that Collingwood would never understand. Just awaiting for the "blockbuster fatigue" to set in.

The probability of winning more games away in modern AFL is rare and being realistic, we are due for a loss. However if we win the next 2 against Bulldogs and Cats, then the mood will definitely flip and we will start being the "Puffers" that BF love to talk about.
Ridiculous statement, you've played 5 interstate games to date, and we've played 4 - hardly a huge disparity

Also you've had 7 home games, 6 of them to disadvantaged interstate teams. We've had only 6 home games in Melbourne, and half of them are against Victorian sides so the advantage is negated

Port supporters are some of the biggest sooks going around, they don't deserve to have a team playing exciting football and with some of the best young stars coming through

I saw some on your board complaining that a lot of your wins were by small margins! Wtf cares? We won all our games last year by bugger all and we were ecstatic

You lot need to lose your victim complex and learn to enjoy the fact your team has won 9 in a row, it could always be worse and you could be Carlton supporters

Port have a similar abundance of talent in midfield but they don't bat as deep as the Bulldogs.
If Geelong found a way to counter that midfield dominance, Hinkley can do so as well.

Reckon this is the Bulldogs season on the line here. Lose this and top four is gone as they aren't repeating 2016 heroics with this inconsistent forward line.

PA by 4 goals! In an exciting close game where we run away with it in the last Q.

Our form is too good ATM especially the 3 games we played with a depleted FWD line.

I'm not buying into this 'Every win is one win closer to a loss crap.'

This promises to be a ripper; hope it doesn’t let us down. The midfield battle alone should be a beauty.

Really hard one to pick but Port haven’t given me any reason to jump off the bandwagon just yet so I’ll stick with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand power fans at all...

You have to pick the team that's won 9 in a row against the team that's lost their last two

These two teams are tough to split on paper. The only key difference is ruck quality.

If English give first use to the Dogs midfield, Port will have a hard night - but I said that in round 5 as well. It is also unlikely that they will let the Bont be blanketed for large periods like they did in round 5 (even when Port lost the ruck).

But the Dogs not having both their quality half backs is a massive out.

Tough game to pick. Could be very close either way or be a blow out.

And for the record. I’m a Port fan, and I don’t understand Port Adelaide.

I always take into account "need to win" or desperation against form, ability, home ground advantage etc when tipping. Just think Port might be due a downer and Bulldogs more desperate for the win given their position on the ladder and the fact they've dropped the last 2 games they've gone in favourites for. Bulldogs for mine.

JJ and Richards out will hurt us, the two defenders who 'run' the ball from defence. Dale normally kicks from defence, and CD is too important in the middle now.

Hard to go past Port at the moment. Doing nothing wrong.

The Dogs are an enigma. Their best is superb but they often get exposed by quality midfields and the Power have a quality midfield.

This is a tough one to predict. Dogs are more than capable but the safe money is on Port when crunch time arrives.

Power by 8 points.

lol so many people backing dogs after losing to GC and and a Geelong side missing half their stars.

port by 30

Dogs are not losing 3 games in a row and 2 games in succession at Marvel. If they did, then Beveridge will not last the year out as coach. Port will need to be in god mode to win this one.

Dogs are not losing 3 games in a row and 2 games in succession at Marvel. If they did, then Beveridge will not last the year out as coach. Port will need to be in god mode to win this one.
Of course they are losing 3 in a row that’s more reason they will lose they aren’t in form.

if Cody weightman doesn’t cheat this will be a easy game.

I look forward to seeing us beat Port in general play, be up in expected score, but lose by a narrow margin. Just continue the trend from the Suns and Cats games thanks to our brilliant forward efficiency

Port by 70 points.

Game Highlights: Naughton moved to defense to try to stem the flow.
Free kick count 17 in the dogs favour. Bonts misses a shot on goal from the goal square.

Back