Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Freo v Tigers Sat June 10th 7:25pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
So if there is insuffient evidence to say it hit the post then surely that’s a goal and not umpires call?
No, if there is insufficient evidence to say it hit the post or didn’t hit the post you go with the umpires call. As they do every single time, except of course at the Gabba last September.

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Firstly well done to the Tiges, gave a us a whipping in the wet. Genuine question re: umpiring and chaos ball. There were several times I saw hack kicks used (predominantly Richmond, and indicitive of the playing style they've ushered in) where I think dangerous play should have been called given a player with hands nearly on the ball.

Not sure what others think, personally I think the guy with his head over the ball should be rewarded vs the swinging leg. Thoughts?

PS not saying we weren't favoured tonight, just a general question re: the way the game is trending.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Um hes not commentating. Pretty sure Basil and Nate Jones is.
My bad... :$ Apologies to Pav. I was watching on Kayo and probably got a bit confused with the switches between the 7 team (Basil, Jones) and Pavlich doing his stuff for Fox Footy during the breaks.

But my point still stands.. Nathan Jones was utterly useless tonight as a special comments guy.

I just don't understand how Channel 7 can spend so much money on the TV rights and then ruin every telecast with a bunch of idiot commentators who talk-talk-talk... they never shut up, but they actually say nothing.

Last edited:

chriso11

Premiership Player
Aug 18, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Well I am gutted with any narrow Freo loss.

Saying that, congratulations to tigers for winning.

They made use of the ball and made less mistakes too.
Felt like the intensity of the game was super high… entertaining contest. I thought freo would run over the top in the last but pleased the Tiges were able to grind out the last 10 mins with some smart play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Firstly well done to the Tiges, gave a us a whipping in the wet. Genuine question re: umpiring and chaos ball. There were several times I saw hack kicks used (predominantly Richmond, and indicitive of the playing style they've ushered in) where I think dangerous play should have been called given a player with hands nearly on the ball.

Not sure what others think, personally I think the guy wothhis head over the ball should be rewarded vs the swinging leg. Thoughts?

Agree, thought you guys were hard done by and should have got another 10 or so frees.

Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
My bad... :$ Apologies to Pav. I was watching on Kayo and probably got a bit confused with the switches between the 7 team (Basil, Jones) and Pavlich doing his stuff for Fox Footy during the breaks.

But my point still stands.. Nathan Jones was utterly useless tonight as a special comments guy.

I just don't understand how Channel 7 can spend so much money on the TV rights and then ruin every telecast with a bunch of idiot commentators who talk talk talk talk but they say nothing.
there was one clear one that should have been a free to freo (maybe dusty or balta airshot out of the backline?) imo but the others I thought were in line with how they usually umpire it.
But it was more the soft touch one way frees not paid back the other way for the whole first three quarters that stood out.

Andyy

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Not sure what others think, personally I think the guy wothhis head over the ball should be rewarded vs the swinging leg. Thoughts?

Lots of hacking but didn't see anything I thought was overly dangerous tbh.

Black Saab

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep just cant bump these days when contesting for the ball. not unless you get low
It seems contested footy and even tackling are under increasing threat of growing levels of new types of interpretation. Not to mention HTB and push in the back are already highly endangered species.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Good rebuttal.
It's actually a common trait of coaches in their 3rd year +

They feel like they need to control the game like it's chess and slowly strangle the initiative from the players because essentially they don't trust them
What is illuminating however is despite this desire to manically control, when the game is good as gone they let the shackles go and invariably the team plays well.

This isn't a jab at your club as it seems to be the arc of a lot of coaches

Having said that, this game was lost because of the coaching

Back