Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Freo v Tigers Sat June 10th 7:25pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Zilo

Debutant
Jun 10, 2023
AFL Club
Richmond
18-3 were the free kicks whilst Richmond were dominant. Free kicks evened up and Fremantle came back.

If that’s not another example of free kicks largely being irrelevant I don’t know what is.

Great win Tigers, gutsy and all around a great style of play to watch.
Lol we had seven free kicks for the game? On what planet did the free kicks even up?

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Lol we had seven free kicks for the game? On what planet did the free kicks even up?
You’ve misunderstood me. I’m saying once the overall umpiring evened up (as in free kicks were being paid both ways) Fremantle started to come back. Meaning the free kicks were irrelevant.

Zilo

Debutant
Jun 10, 2023
AFL Club
Richmond
You’ve misunderstood me. I’m saying once the overall umpiring evened up (as in free kicks were being paid both ways) Fremantle started to come back. Meaning the free kicks were irrelevant.
Freo were still getting the rub of the green when their comeback started. The most notable free kick was Broad on Walters which gave them a set shot directly in front.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
if the free kick count stat wasn’t available to the public, no one would care. Game was well umpired, Richmond played their usual style which is typically loose and undisciplined and they got the result.they deserved. Great win
Donald Trump Lol GIF by Election 2020

bradydaw91

All Australian
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Belconnen
No. What was abysmal was Richmond's skill level. But of course, instead of being humbled by that, the arrogance focuses on something else. Perfect example of the mindset of the club and it's supporters. 👍
Mate, we got neutrals and even freo fans in here saying the umpiring was one sided. It makes no difference when a few don't go your way. But it was 17:3 at one stage in the last.

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Somehow Richmond supporters continue to think they’re hard done by every week and refuse to accept its a consequence of the way their players play
Mate have you seen how many neutrals in here have echoed the same as Richmond fans about the umps tonight? s**t even most freo fans are aware of it.

I understand and accept we push the limit and in general play a pretty scrappy game but tonight was different. It wasnt so much the ones we gave away, it was the fact we were given none. 3 in 3 quarters of football, in the wet, when we were winning contested ball too. We ended up with 7, 2 of them were out on the fulls. 5 genuine frees in a game of got footy. Farce.

We were genuinely shafted. Fortunately it didn't affect the result.

bradydaw91

All Australian
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Belconnen
Mate have you seen how many neutrals in here have echoed the same as Richmond fans about the umps tonight? s**t even most freo fans are aware of it.

I understand and accept we push the limit and in general play a pretty scrappy game but tonight was different. It wasnt so much the ones we gave away, it was the fact we were given none. 3 in 3 quarters of football, in the wet, when we were winning contested ball too. We ended up with 7, 2 of them were out on the fulls. 5 genuine frees in a game of got footy. Farce.

I would say for the most part, umpiring has been good this season. Tonight was just bizarre.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University

OOTF frees aren’t counted in the free kick count. There was nothing that stood out as outrageous to me. Was just typically AFL umpired with some great calls and some dodgy calls

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Freo were still getting the rub of the green when their comeback started. The most notable free kick was Broad on Walters which gave them a set shot directly in front.
Yes I'm aware, but the overall umpiring evened up relative to how it had been before that.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Somehow Richmond supporters continue to think they’re hard done by every week and refuse to accept its a consequence of the way their players play
Or maybe because we watch that pathetic crap umpiring every week and are better informed than some randoms that like to be agitators on social media and footy forums trying so hard to be relevant.

Also stats back it up , Just check the free kicks against and for the last 6 years

Macca180

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2021
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Its just bullshit when they pay soft frees in front of goal for one team and not the other.

Walters free a load ofshit

watch port v bulldogs. umpires pay holding the ball against bulldogs after player drags it in results in port goal. Allir does the same thing 10 minutes later in front of goal even worse and they don't pay it for the bulldogs. just inconsistent bullshit.

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Or maybe because we watch that pathetic crap umpiring every week and are better informed than some randoms that like to be agitators on social media and footy forums trying so hard to be relevant.

Also stats back it up , Just check the free kicks against and for the last 6 years
Read the room champ

Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
if the free kick count stat wasn’t available to the public, no one would care. Game was well umpired, Richmond played their usual style which is typically loose and undisciplined and they got the result.they deserved. Great win
I don't think you understand what most of the Tigers fans believe. About 95% of Freos free kicks last night were there (2 were real lineball calls), it was the fact that we were not being paid anything. We don't care if we give away free kicks as long as they are there, we just want them to be paid fairly when we have been infringed upon or won them through HTB

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Its just bullshit when they pay soft frees in front of goal for one team and not the other.

Walters free a load ofshit

watch port v bulldogs. umpires pay holding the ball against bulldogs after player drags it in results in port goal. Allir does the same thing 10 minutes later in front of goal even worse and they don't pay it for the bulldogs. just inconsistent bullshit.

Yep. Port were the better team on Friday night and thoroughly deserved their win. But the non-call on Aliir and then the free kick on Baker for the goal line shepherd were baffling.

Umpiring must be insanely difficult, and mistakes happen. But just some consistency in approach would be nice.

Well done the tigers on last night’s win, pretty gritty and mature performance - particularly in killing the game off late.

Back