Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Hawks v Lions Sat June 10th 1:45pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Hawks by a lot

• Lions by a lot

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn-vs-Brisbane.png

16th v 4th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 13
HAWTHORN V BRISBANE LIONS
SATURDAY JUNE 10TH 1:45PM AEST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

HAWKS

B: B.Hardwick, J.Blanck, J.Impey
HB: J.Sicily - C, J.Scrimshaw, L.Bramble
C: K.Amon, J.Worpel, J.Weddle
HF: S.Butler, J.Koschitzke, D.Moore
F: L.Breust, M.Lewis, C.Macdonald
FOLL: N.Reeves, W.Day, J.Newcombe

I/C: S.Mitchell, C.Nash, T.Brockman, L.Meek
EMG: C.Stephens, B.Macdonald, H.Morrison, C.Mackenzie

In: J.Sicily, S.Mitchell
Out: S.Frost (Injured), B.Macdonald (Omitted), C.Mackenzie (Sub)

LIONS
B: B.Starcevich, D.Gardiner, J.Payne
HB: C.McKenna, H.Andrews - C, D.Rich
C: J.Berry, Z.Bailey, H.McCluggage
HF: C.Cameron, J.Gunston, W.Ashcroft
F: L.McCarthy, J.Daniher, E.Hipwood

I/C: D.Robertson, C.Rayner, J.Prior, D.Wilmot
EMG: N.Cockatoo, K.Coleman, D.Fort, R.Lester

In: J.Payne, D.Robertson, J.Prior
Out: K.Coleman (Omitted), R.Lester (Omitted), D.Zorko (Suspension), J.Madden (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

ROUND 13 BYES: GOLD COAST SUNS * GEELONG

Last edited:
This is actually a game I’ve been waiting all season for the dreaded MCG cruse is it broken Beating Melbourne in a final was great but not many people give the Lions credit for that game
At least you get another game at the MCG before finals

Collingwood v Brisbane at Marvel later in the year is a joke. They should move it now to the MCG while they still have plenty of time to. Move Hawthorn v Fremantle the following week from MCG to Marvel if quotas aren't met.

Collingwood v Brisbane at Marvel later in the year is a joke. They should move it now to the MCG while they still have plenty of time to. Move Hawthorn v Fremantle the following week from MCG to Marvel if quotas aren't met.
Yeah for selfish reasons I probably prefer the game at Marvel against Magpies than the G

I think Collingwood have an agreement to play a certain number of games at Marvel (2-3?) per season albeit why they chose the Lions game is a mystery when it would have been realistic to assume both clubs would have been top 4 contenders this season... it's baffling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is my upset of the round. Huge boilover.

The Lions might be a bit off at the moment and the Hawks after last week's non-existent effort should be fresh as daisies and back at the MCG they should be ready to deliver their best shot.

If the Lions are not prepared from the 1st bounce they might find themselves 6 goals down pretty quick. The Hawks can jump sides and they should be looking to do that here.

Ths does not mean that the Lions are not a Top 4 team, absolutely they are and they will finish Top 4 and challenge for the flag, but I think they might have a Barry Crocker in this one. Might be completely wrong, just a gut feeling.

Hawks by 22 points.

Last edited:
Lot of teams don't travel well. Don't comprehend why people seem to think this is solely a Lions thing.
Hawthorn play the Lions this week, so my comment was not really about what other teams do.

So hawthorn have to play stkilda (a marvel tennant) in a home game at marvel, then have to play another home game there a few weeks later - it's not our home ground!

I think Collingwood have an agreement to play a certain number of games at Marvel (2-3?) per season albeit why they chose the Lions game is a mystery when it would have been realistic to assume both clubs would have been top 4 contenders this season... it's baffling.
It's bizarre but they seem to throw Collingwood-Brisbane games there, despite the history of actually playing Grand Finals against each other at the G. Collingwood should play against the new clubs at Marvel, or the WA clubs if pushed. The rest should be at the G.

It's bizarre but they seem to throw Collingwood-Brisbane games there, despite the history of actually playing Grand Finals against each other at the G. Collingwood should play against the new clubs at Marvel, or the WA clubs if pushed. The rest should be at the G.
We have a much better record at Marvel too winning 7 of the last 9 games there

Get to play our bunnies. Going for 4 in a row against them

Last 2 really showed issues in the Brisbane team that were shown up in the finals. The 2020 game the league announced they were stopping the season at half time so don't really count that

Last edited:
Back