Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Swans v Saints Thurs June 8th 7:10pm AEST (SCG) Franklin’s 350th

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney-vs-St-Kilda.png

12th v 5th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 13
SYDNEY V ST KILDA
THURSDAY JUNE 8TH 7:10PM AEST (S.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

Sydney​

IN: Angus Sheldrick, Dane Rampe
OUT: Corey Warner (Sub), Lachlan McAndrew (Omitted), Luke Parker (Suspension)
Milestone: [23] Lance Franklin – Playing 350th game

FB: [24] Dane Rampe, [43] Lewis Melican, [22] Nick Blakey
HB: [42] Robbie Fox,[7] Harry Cunningham, [44] Jake Lloyd
C: [29] Angus Sheldrick, [8] James Rowbottom, [27] Justin McInerney
HF: [5] Isaac Heeney, [2] Hayden McLean, [15] Sam Wicks
FF: [11] Tom Papley, [23] Lance Franklin, [9] Will Hayward

FOL: [31] Tom Hickey, [21] Errol Gulden, [1] Chad Warner
I/C: [13] Oliver Florent, [10] Aaron Francis, [16] Braeden Campbell, [4] Ryan Clarke

EMG: [37] Corey Warner, [36] Joel Amartey, [46] Lachlan McAndrew, [3] Dylan Stephens

St Kilda​

IN: Marcus Windhager, Mitch Owens
OUT: Ben Paton (Omitted), Cooper Sharman (Sub), Hunter Clark (Injured)

FB: [26] Josh Battle, [20] Dougal Howard, [44] Callum Wilkie
HB: [29] Jimmy Webster, [35] Jack Sinclair, [7] Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
C: [32] Mason Wood, [5] Brad Crouch, [13] Ryan Byrnes
HF: [22] Jack Higgins, [8] Bradley Hill, [10] Mitch Owens
FF: [47] Anthony Caminiti, [12] Max King, [4] Jade Gresham

FOL: [19] Rowan Marshall, [9] Jack Steele, [17] Marcus Windhager
I/C: [6] Sebastian Ross, [14] Liam Stocker, [16] Dan Butler, [25] Mattaes Phillipou

EMG: [28] Tim Membrey, [33] Ben Paton, [38] Tom Campbell, [43] Cooper Sharman

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

ROUND 13 BYES: GOLD COAST SUNS * GEELONG
Sydney Swans News:

MILESTONE – LANCE FRANKLIN 350th

Lance Franklin will play his 350th AFL game this Thursday night.

Franklin was originally drafted to Hawthorn as pick 5 in the 2004 National Draft but was traded to the Sydney Swans at the end of the 2013 season. He has gone on to play 167 games in the red and white. Franklin (1057 goals) requires one more to pass Doug Wade in outright fourth spot on the all time goal kicking list.
PRIDE GAME

The Sydney Swans are proud to be hosting St Kilda in the Pride Game at the SCG.

The Swans and the Saints played in the first Pride Game for premiership points in 2016 and since then the game has been an annual fixture to celebrate diversity and inclusion.

The match is an opportunity to listen, learn and highlight stories from the LGBTIQA+ community. Please join us in making sure everyone feels welcome, safe, and included at the football.

The club would like to take this opportunity to thank our LGBTIQA+ supporter group, the Rainbow Swans, our Official Pride Partner HSBC, and the pride partner of our Diversity Action Plan, Twenty10, for their continued support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints haven't dropped two in a row yet this year

Swans looking like they're regaining some belief

I'm thinking it'll be a nailbiter, haven't made my mind up yet but I'm leaning Swans at home

Edit: I've decided upon the Saints

Last edited:

Is this still considered the Pride game ?
We usually alternate Pride games between the two clubs and I think we hosted it last year. But unusually (it seems to me), we’re only playing the one match this season.

So I guess yes.

Edit : Just checked the Swans’ website, and it is being advertised as the Pride game.

We never win in Sydney. Haven’t won there since 2009 but there is no better time to change that! Of course it is another Buddy milestone game against us so cue a Buddy bag coming up!

This could potentially be the most boring game of extreme defence football that has ever been played.

I'll pop onto the AFL website after the final siren to see the result then login to my Sportsbet account to check my same game multi. That will be the most interesting aspect of this game.

Swans by a bit, maybe 15 points.

Will be very tough up there.
Close first half, with the saints running away after that to the tune of 117 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really could have done without this being Buddy’s 350th. They’ll almost certainly be up-and-about for it, so are likely to be a very tough nut to crack. Not confident at all.

You can also bet the umpiring will be in favour of the Swans, the AFL love a good narrative and the Swans winning for Buddy's 350th is a good narrative.

We will need to play very well to win and certainly a lot better than we played against the Hawks.

Saints should prevail by around 4 goals. They fell off a cliff against Hawks and have had time to regroup and reset. They have more steel than Swans, who look decidedly vulnerable and unsure.

Saving grace for the home team may be the occassion, however, that could just as easily backfire.

As standing atop my lounge chair doesn't improve the SCG camera angle that much, let's hope at least the underground camera man has steady hands.

Relax. We have a long and rich history of falling on our faces for milestone games.
Buddy’s 200th was against us and you won by 71 points and his 300th was against us as well and you won by 45. And of course you won the game where he kicked his 1000th goal against Geelong last year by 5 goals.

So you’re 3-0 in big Buddy milestone games, with an average winning margin of almost 50 points!

Plus you look like getting Rampe and Amarty back, which helps.

I think we’re going to have to play really really well to win it.

Buddy’s 200th was against us and you won by 71 points and his 300th was against us as well and you won by 45. And of course you won the game where he kicked his 1000th goal against Geelong last year by 5 goals.

So you’re 3-0 in big Buddy milestone games, with an average winning margin of almost 50 points!

Plus you look like getting Rampe and Amarty back, which helps.

I think we’re going to have to play really really well to win it.
The longer a precedent goes, the more likely it is to be broken.

Or something like that.

May the least jinxed, incompetent, injury-prone team win.

You can also bet the umpiring will be in favour of the Swans, the AFL love a good narrative and the Swans winning for Buddy's 350th is a good narrative.

We will need to play very well to win and certainly a lot better than we played against the Hawks.
You must be new here.

You must be new here.

I've been around long enough to know that we won't be favoured by the umpires against an away team especially when the away team has a milestone.

The Swans may not get favoured that much either but I will be surprised if they don't get the red carpet treatment from the umpires tomorrow night.

This could potentially be the most boring game of extreme defence football that has ever been played.

I'll pop onto the AFL website after the final siren to see the result then login to my Sportsbet account to check my same game multi. That will be the most interesting aspect of this game.

Swans by a bit, maybe 15 points.
See this is where you are proved to be saying the first thing that comes in to your head. Swans have been decimated by injury but have still tried to play the same style they played last year. Risk taking Quick ball movement through the corridor. Lack of personel and poor execution and generally lack of form of individuals has been the reason for lack of scoring. Does that mean they are playing defensive ? Seems people see Longmire V Lyon and they presume boring dour defensive game instead of actually commenting on what sides game styles have suggested this year.

I've been around long enough to know that we won't be favoured by the umpires against an away team especially when the away team has a milestone.

The Swans may not get favoured that much either but I will be surprised if they don't get the red carpet treatment from the umpires tomorrow night.
At least you recognise that Plugger. We are no longer the AFL Love Child more like the Child born out of wedlock since the Franklin Heist which resulted in the biggest Heist GF Day 2016. We get reamed regularly but I hope you are right on this occasion.

Back