Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 2 - Dogs v Saints Sat March 25th 7:25pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Saints by a goal or less

• Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Saints by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GeTrain

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
king and membrey the only two i'd bring straight back. maybe mackenzie as he is a high pressure player, but most important is the injured get back to allow the youngsters a rest if/when needed.
McKenzie seems like a player Ross Lyon would love. Incredible athlete and puts his body on the line for the ball whenever he can. Maybe he comes through the VFL since he hasn't played since mid last year though

GeTrain

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints had to temper expectations in the pre season with the injuries to key players. They were probably hoping to be 2-2 after the first 4 rounds with those wins coming against essendon and the Suns. This is a very promising start.
We'll still be 2-2

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
king and membrey the only two i'd bring straight back. maybe mackenzie as he is a high pressure player, but most important is the injured get back to allow the youngsters a rest if/when needed.
Nah Membrey can have a run in the 2's until he consitently kicks straight.

MUFASA12

All Australian
Dec 8, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Miami Heat, Everton FC, ATL Falcons
Collingwood been playing pretty well lately, but, if you ain’t first you’re last, go saints 😇
Will Ferrell Photo GIF by Talladega Nights

What do StKilda do when they get half their side back?

Hard to leave out some of these young chargers.

I hope Ross makes at least some of the "starters" earn it.

Coffield, Billings & Jones should go to the VFL. Same with McKenzie, Bytel & Hayes.

King & Membrey both locks. I'd be fine with Webster back in as well.

But players should be made to earn their return. If Jack Billings wants a spot on the wing, he needs to prove that he's better than Hill, Wood or Byrnes. No more walk up starts.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
did he move up onto a wing at all during his time at North or was he just playing as that 3rd forward type of role?
he got up the ground a bit but mostly in the forward line.

he was the player who every pre season we thought would have a break out year, but it just didn't happen. too inconsistent and injury prone.

How do the Dogs only kick 5 goals for a game in perfect conditions, with that much vaunted forward line?

Deplorable
Game has gone so far past our coaches that it's halfway to Mars.

We desperately need new leadership at the club.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
You don’t have any more of them lying around do you? We could legitimately do with one on a wing, one at high-HF, one on the bench, and if tonight’s anything to go by, one across HB!
Our pruning is pretty much done, although on tonight's effort you're welcome to Daniel Howe.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Great start to the year for the Saints, missing key players and getting it done anyway against decent teams (well decent in the near past anyway).

Ross Lyon has been able to put some good systems in place really quickly and they are actually good to watch - which I did not expect.

Back