Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 2 - Dogs v Saints Sat March 25th 7:25pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Saints by a goal or less

• Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Saints by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees have Kozzie Pickett (4 goals last weekend), Fritsch (most goals in a grand final since the 1990's, thank you very much- Six Big Sausage!), Josh Schache, few players in the VFL I can name too if you like? Seeing as we're talking about players like Darcy who have done * all in their lives...

You are right though, it's irrelevant here. Even if your forwards were good (spoiler: they're not, they suck) Saints defence is gonna MARCH IN all over their sorry arses... bookmark it!!!
Josh Schache is a SPUD you find out soon enough what he is like on the footy field.

van rooyen and Jefferson look pretty good, two to watch
Inability to name any up and coming Melbourne key forwards of note. Key forwards being the operative words ... not medium or small forwards ... Schache .... dumped from the team with "crap" forwards. That's all you can come up with

Works well every time someone says "bookmark it"

Your obsession is certainly bookmarked

Interesting game, could go either way.
Doggies backline is not great but our forward line isn't too good either.
Our Backline is solid and doggies forward line is decent so I think it's up to who wants to run the most.

We may not have the most talented team in the comp (especially at the moment!), but what we are a good chance of being is the fittest, so that’s an area we could have it over the Dogs, and where we’ll be able to test them.

Lyon has been saying all summer how we’re an elite running group, and how we’re going to build a game plan to exploit that running ability (according to Johnno Brown on the weekend we’ve got 12 guys who can run a sub 10 minute 3km, and another 10 or so who are knocking on the door), so we’re now basically playing like a basketball team, running most if not all of our team from one end to the other all game.

Pushing everyone hard back to defend, then pushing hard forward when we get the ball.

We had by far the most total sprints of any team on the weekend (346, next most was 316), while the Dogs had 239 (to Melbourne’s 303), so a huge determining factor in this game will be whether we’re able to put in that running effort for a full 4 quarters again, or whether we struggle to back up off a 6 day break.

Interesting game, could go either way.
Doggies backline is not great but our forward line isn't too good either.
Our Backline is solid and doggies forward line is decent so I think it's up to who wants to run the most.
Ability to cover ground is our concern. We'll find the ball enough, it's that defensive running which needs to be a focus.

We may not have the most talented team in the comp (especially at the moment!), but what we are a good chance of being is the fittest, so that’s an area we could have it over the Dogs, and where we’ll be able to test them.

Lyon has been saying all summer how we’re an elite running group, and how we’re going to build a game plan to exploit that running ability (according to Johnno Brown on the weekend we’ve got 12 guys who can run a sub 10 minute 3km, and another 10 or so who are knocking on the door), so we’re now basically playing like a basketball team, running most if not all of our team from one end to the other all game.

Pushing everyone hard back to defend, then pushing hard forward when we get the ball.

We had by far the most total sprints of any team on the weekend (346, next most was 316), while the Dogs had 239 (to Melbourne’s 303), so a huge determining factor in this game will be whether we’re able to put in that running effort for a full 4 quarters again, or whether we struggle to back up off a 6 day break.

Thats the concern for the dogs. Can they stop sides streaming it out of their backline when we turn the ball over in our f50.

We were talking key forwards.
As I said- you can watch our VFL premiership-winning team if you want to see who is next in line to replace Tommy MacDonald and Big Cherry Ripe Ben Brown, but let's move onto Dogs and Saints?

Personally I think KPF's are overrated anyway, Blues have the last two Coleman medallists and they can't even make finals.

As I said- you can watch our VFL premiership-winning team if you want to see who is next in line to replace Tommy MacDonald and Big Cherry Ripe Ben Brown, but let's move onto Dogs and Saints?

Personally I think KPF's are overrated anyway, Blues have the last two Coleman medallists and they can't even make finals.

You're doing the lord's work in this thread Toump.

I'd love to say I think KPF's are underrated but that's just because we have none that are fit.

If you want to see our KPF depth, check out Carlton's VFL team this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How? The midfielders are the lazy ones.
They also had that land of the giants thing going on last week. Could be a blessing in disguise Lobb not being available.
In any case as if Bevo is gonna make unforced changes, stubborn as a mule that bloke.
True dat.

Wouldn't say I'm confident but after last round we'd have to have a sniff.

Am really curious to see how our game plan stacks up against the Bulldogs and their forward line.

Reckon the doggies have enough to get the win though.

Since the start of last season both teams have won 12 games, while last week we beat a better team than them (over that period, including beating them in a final), while they were very disappointing against a Melbourne team missing 4 of their top 10 or so, so unless there’s a very significant improvement from them on last week, or a very significant regression from us, it looks much more like a 50-50 type game to me, rather than one where one is far more likely to win than the other.

Sp what type pf tactics will Ross Lyon and the saints will use? lol

MickG88 your thoughts?

Your not worried about the dogs tall forwards?
Howard Battle and Wilke are pretty competent, I'd back them in, and we have Cordy up forward if it's needed. Ross has slowed the ball entering our defense so that helps, our issue has never been our defense

Back