Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 2 - Dogs v Saints Sat March 25th 7:25pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Saints by a goal or less

• Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Saints by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bulldogs-vs-St-Kilda copy.png

16th v 5th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 2
WESTERN BULLDOGS V ST KILDA
SATURDAY MARCH 25TH 7:25PM AEDT (MARVEL)

CLICK HERE :arrowright: JOIN TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY'S OWN SYSTEM

tipping.png

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

BULLDOGS

B: Duryea, Jones, Crozier
HB: Dale, Keath, Richards
C: Williams, Bontempelli, Baker
HF: Smith, Darcy, Ugle-Hagan
F: Scott, Naughton, West
FOLL: English, Liberatore, Macrae

I/C: Daniel, McLean, Bruce, Garcia
EMG: Khamis, McComb, McNeil, Sweet

IN: Crozier, West, Garcia
OUT: Johannisen, Hannan (both omitted), Lobb, Treloar (both injured)

SAINTS
B: Battle, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Stocker, Sinclair, Wanganeen-Milera
C: Wood, Steele, Byrnes
HF: Phillipou, Hill, Owens
F: Cordy, Gresham, Caminiti
FOLL: Marshall, Crouch, Ross

I/C: Paton, Clark, Higgins, Butler
EMG: Windhager, Highmore, Peris, Campbell

IN: Ross
OUT: Bytel, Webster (both injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

St Kilda news:

Indigenous Gift Presentation
Continuing a tradition started last year, the Saints' will take part in an Indigenous Gift Presentation at the coin toss of every game. The presentation represents the continual yawa (journey) the club is on, extending the invitation to clubs across the league to join.

Celebrating 150 years of the Saints
Next week, St Kilda will celebrate its 150th anniversary in its Round 3 game against Essendon at the MCG. To secure your place, click here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wouldn't say I'm confident but after last round we'd have to have a sniff.
Since the start of last season both teams have won 12 games, while last week we beat a better team than them (over that period, including beating them in a final), while they were very disappointing against a Melbourne team missing 4 of their top 10 or so, so unless there’s a very significant improvement from them on last week, or a very significant regression from us, it looks much more like a 50-50 type game to me, rather than one where one is far more likely to win than the other.

May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Since the start of last season both teams have won 12 games, while last week we beat a better team than them (over that period, including beating them in a final), while they were very disappointing against a Melbourne team missing 4 of their top 10 or so, so unless there’s a very significant improvement from them on last week, or a very significant regression from us, it looks much more like a 50-50 type game to me, rather than one where one is far more likely to win than the other.

Whilst that's true our formline since the start of last season has taken a nosedive whereas the Bulldogs started slow and came home strong.

I agree it's going to be closer than I'd have thought 3 days ago and there is certainly a Ross Lyon factor to the game now, but I think the Bulldogs are deservedly favourites.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Ross will bring back early 00's style footy where 65 points will be enough for a winning score.

Dogs will bounce back however and get it done. Too much midfield class as they win by 2-3 goals.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wouldn't say I'm confident but after last round we'd have to have a sniff.

Am really curious to see how our game plan stacks up against the Bulldogs and their forward line.

Reckon the doggies have enough to get the win though.

If Ross can park the bus in our f50 and use your pace to rebound you're every chance to get up.

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Quite a lot of talk about the Dogs attack but for mine their defence looks very average.

The midfield battle will be key. As a Dogs fan I'd be worried about Marshall. As a Saints fan the Bont/Macrae/Libba/Smith combo is a worry.

Last edited:

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Quite a lot of talk about the Dees' attack but for mine their defence looks very average.

The midfield battle will be key. As a Dogs fan I'd be worried about Marshall. As a Saints fan the Bont/Macrae/Libba/Smith combo is a worry.
English is fine for Marshall.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Quite a lot of talk about the Dogs attack
That's right slick, and here’s just a little bit more for you to put in your pipe and SMOKE!

The Tall Timberinos!... The Big Bad Four-headed Monster!!... what a load of crap that was, geez Louise!

UgleHagan, Darcy, Recruit-of-the-year Rory Lobb and Astronaughton! combined for an earth-shattering, unprecedented, ONE SINGLE GOAL against a Dees defence missing 2 of it’s starting 6. That's terrible Murial, terrible!!

Naughton my friend what's the point of being King Contested Mark of the AFL if you can’t nail a set shot from 20 meters “direct in front”. Darcy was horrible, dropped a nice SODA in the goalsquare, Ugle Hagan more like "Invisible Hagan!" (you can use that if you like, no credit needed)... and my boy Rory Lobb if it weren't for his stupid peroxide hair I wouldn't have even seen him on the ground. Goddamn he should be ashamed of what he dished up, ashamed, embarrassed too, and I think he was.

Saints defence- all team defence, that is (Ross Lyon style)- will SMASH whatever the Dogs have forward 50.

Gonna a big party at Marvel when the Saints get up!!! Whooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nat Fyfe

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Quite a lot of talk about the Dogs attack but for mine their defence looks very average.

Why is Marshall a worry? English flogged him last time our sides faced off:

English v Marshall (31 contests)
Hitouts: 16 / 13
To Advantage: 7 / 1
Clearances: 17 / 7
Score: 3.0 (18) / 0.2 (2)

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
At least the dogs have plenty of raw kpp talent up there. Dees have...
Dees have Kozzie Pickett (4 goals last weekend), Fritsch (most goals in a grand final since the 1990's, thank you very much- Six Big Sausage!), Josh Schache, few players in the VFL I can name too if you like? Seeing as we're talking about players like Darcy who have done * all in their lives...

You are right though, it's irrelevant here. Even if your forwards were good (spoiler: they're not, they suck) Saints defence is gonna MARCH IN all over their sorry arses... bookmark it!!!

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dees have Kozzie Pickett (4 goals last weekend), Fritsch (most goals in a grand final since the 1990's, thank you very much- Six Big Sausage!), Josh Schache, few players in the VFL I can name too if you like? Seeing as we're talking about players like Darcy who have done * all in their lives...

You are right though, it's irrelevant here. Even if your forwards were good (spoiler: they're not, they suck) Saints defence is gonna MARCH IN all over their sorry arses... bookmark it!!!
Inability to name any up and coming Melbourne key forwards of note. Key forwards being the operative words ... not medium or small forwards ... Schache .... dumped from the team with "crap" forwards. That's all you can come up with

Works well every time someone says "bookmark it"

Your obsession is certainly bookmarked

Last edited:
Back