Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 2 - Pies v Port Sat March 25th 1:45pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-Port-Adelaide copy.png
6th v 4th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 2
COLLINGWOOD V PORT ADELAIDE
SATURDAY MARCH 25TH 1:45PM AEDT (MCG)

CLICK HERE :arrowright: JOIN TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY'S OWN SYSTEM

tipping.png

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

MAGPIES

B: Quaynor, Frampton, Maynard
HB: Hoskin-Elliott, Moore, Pendlebury
C: Noble, Adams, J.Daicos
HF: Sidebottom, Mihocek, Hill
F: Elliott, Cameron, N.Daicos
FOLL: McStay, De Goey, Crisp

I/C: Mitchell, Murphy, McCreery, Cox
EMG: Bianco, Ruscoe, McInnes, Carmichael

IN: Frampton
OUT: Howe (injured), McInnes (sub)

POWER
B: Burton, Jonas, Burgoyne
HB: Byrne-Jones, Aliir, Houston
C: Bergman, Drew, Duursma
HF: Georgiades, Marshall, Rozee
F: Butters, Dixon, Powell-Pepper
FOLL: Lycett, Wines, Horne-Francis

I/C: Farrell, Fantasia, Rioli, Jones
EMG: Boak, Clurey, Bonner, Teakle

IN: Burgoyne
OUT: McKenzie (injured), Evans (omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Collingwood news:

March to Make it Legendary

Collingwood members and supporters will march from Collingwood's training ground, the AIA Vitality Centre, to the MCG at 12.30pm today ahead of the Club's first AFL home match against Port Adelaide. Collingwood Director Paul Licuria will address the group and lead the march. Patrons are asked to meet at the Club by midday.

'Community Bay' in the Southern Stand
Collingwood warmly welcomes the participants of the Club's community programs to the MCG today. Upwards of 500 children and their families will be seated on the ground level of the MCG's Southern Stand.

Frampton - Collingwood debut
Collingwood defender Billy Frampton will make his Collingwood debut today when the side take on Port Adelaide at the MCG. Collingwood is the 26-year-old's third AFL club having joined the side through last year's trade period. Frampton has played 24 AFL games, 21 with Adelaide and three with Port Adelaide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whichever way you boil it down and dissect it, both teams are in this game.

The obvious dangers:

Port:

JHF at just 19 his impact can't be denied, his ability to win win ball and then execute, like a seasoned vet is something to behold, can the Pies contain him?

Junior (Willie Rioli) - if he gets off the chain then it's goodnight pies. bookmark this bit.

Ollie Wines, a beast in the centre and around stoppages, hard task for Titch and Tay

Powell Pepper, see above.

Charlie Dixon, Georgiadies, and any number of small forwards (Fantasia!) - potent!, our backs have their work cut out!

Alir Alir, well this doesn't even need mention, this blokes athletic ability and ability to read play is off the charts, real handful for Checkers and Mac.

Pies:

Well there is this unfortunate thing called the Daicos brothers for any opposition, they're sublime, much like JHF, and drive many forward forays

Jordan De Goey, nuff said, this guy is terror for any opposition. IMO there is no ceiling for this bloke, has all the attributes to be GOAT. bookmark this bit.

Titch and Tay, clearance beasts, got their work cut out though against Wines and PP - the most interesting contest IMO.

McCreery, young Beau is some sort of underrated talent, his pressure i50 is insane, not to mention his goal sense. Will give the Port backs a hard time.

Bobby Hill, Billy Elliott, small forwards that can't be denied.

Even at home I can't pick it, even off only one round both teams have handed flag fancies their asses.

If we get within 2 goals or win by two I'll be happy.

Being biased, and that's the only way I can make a prediction. Pies by a point.

Usually you need to wait at least 5 rounds before working out if you're good or not. With both of us playing 2 of the top sides, another win against a good side should send an early signal to the competition. Collingwood looked very good last week. A quick side that had contributions from virtually all players. Not sure if we can match them for speed (should go close) but we were ruthless and physical in a way I haven't seen from us in a long time. SPP, Jones, JHF, Drew, Duursma, Bergman knocking off blokes everywhere. Should get Boak back. With some of the poor performances from other top sides and contenders, I reckon the winner almost guarantees a top 4 spot. Close game and both are still probably upto their eyeballs this year. If one of us gets pumped, it probably highlights that they are a ways off the top 2-3 sides. It's a shame that its such a terrible timeslot, but it should be a cracker of a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

our midfield is much better with jhf but we have to remember he's young and the group still needs to gel

our defence is midget sized and mckenzie is out. The fact that we will miss mckenzie despite being a makeshift FB, says a lot about our defensive stock

our forward line isn't up to scratch yet and vulnerable if there is a decent intercept defender

the pies on the other hand are manic in their pressure, fit and skilled

Going by the last round's form this should be a ripper, a week ago I would have penciled in a Pies win, but at the moment it is hard to pick a winner. Biasness has me picking Port by less than a goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant take anything away from the Pies after their ability to come back a few times against the Cats but the Cats we're without some key figures in the 2nd half with some walking wounded in the mix so its hard to gauge on result alone.
I think we match up well, at the G you have to favor Pies but cant rule us out, good time to get a result there if we're to be a flag threat.
Could see the 2nd draw of the season.

LOL Port Adelaide being premiership challengers, LOL Port Adelaide being Top 2 side, LOL Port Flagelaide yeah sure thing mate!

Had their way with a terrible Brisbane Lions, who cares? Lions LOVE rolling over and dying. No big deal!

Pies will bring them “back to reality”, nothing surer!!!!

LOL Port Adelaide being premiership challengers, LOL Port Adelaide being Top 2 side, LOL Port Flagelaide yeah sure thing mate!

Had their way with a terrible Brisbane Lions, who cares? Lions LOVE rolling over and dying. No big deal!

Pies will bring them “back to reality”, nothing surer!!!!
Yeah, we we're meant to lose last week too, Infact, you probably thought we we're done at half time...we might just run into a terrible Pies.

our midfield is much better with jhf but we have to remember he's young and the group still needs to gel

our defence is midget sized and mckenzie is out. The fact that we will miss mckenzie despite being a makeshift FB, says a lot about our defensive stock

our forward line isn't up to scratch yet and vulnerable if there is a decent intercept defender

the pies on the other hand are manic in their pressure, fit and skilled
Calling it 27 pts is a bit of a stretch imo.

Everyone is lauding the Pies on Friday, no one's mentioning the outs the cats had before and during the game.

Granted, we did play with an at all times close space and make space on the ball win, but it was against a depleted Geelong.

Your mob looks very much a different proposition, and I think you're understating Ports forward ammunition.

Ok your defence is make up at the minute, but to hold bris to 72 points is not chump change.

Not saying we can't win it, but to suggest such a margin is a little pessimistic on your part.

There's little doubt now that the Pies are a contender.

I think there's a little bit of rose coloured glasses on Collingwood, need to temper expectations.

Port are obviously a seriously talented team, and they match us (if not better) in the engine room and forward of the ball.

I watched both games, and have to admit, Port do transition the ball with speed, against a highly fancied contender I might add. Are Bris as regarded as the cats defensively?, maybe not, none the less, we're talking about a top 4 team from last year, who no less defeated the reigning premier (Mel) in a final (Bris).

That is not chump change.

Admittedly, Port didn't close space at contest quite like the Pies did and did all last season, fair enough no other team does, however I'm not looking at this game as a given. Port are a serious threat to us, and not only on paper, they look hungry and angry.

Also, we're talking about a one game sample size, not a lot to go on (particularly for port), that said, I think both teams will continue their form.

I am tipping the Pies, from head and not heart though, purely on the back of playing at home. Won't be much in it but.

Pies by 2 goals or less, Port will be announced as contenders.

Back