Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 2 - Pies v Port Sat March 25th 1:45pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just for you.. to show when we last made finals in last round...

It's okay mate. We understand that being in the 8 in the first half of the season is the best your lot can hope for so you have to make the most of it now. I'll be gentle when you s**t the bed, just like every other year you shat the bed, which is every year.

It's okay mate. We understand that being in the 8 in the first half of the season is the best your lot can hope for so you have to make the most of it now. I'll be gentle when you s**t the bed, just like every other year you shat the bed, which is every year.
You are taking this well...;)

You are taking this well...;)

Didn't even watch the game (was working late therefore asleep) so not really. Had some banter with a Collingwood fan who is unsurprisingly up and about, then you roll up. Not sure why a supporter of one of the worst 2-3 sides of the past 20 years would be puffing their chest out. You'd blow everyone in a nursing home for our 2007 season.

Didn't even watch the game (was working late therefore asleep) so not really. Had some banter with a Collingwood fan who is unsurprisingly up and about, then you roll up.
I slept too, hence I up and about and enjoying catching up with all the results today and fun banter of it all.
I saw about 5 minutes of your match. It best you missed it.

I hate to be that bloke, but…

155 to 98 contested possession.
15 to 4 contested marks.
39 to 27 clearances.
56 to 39 tackles! How does a side that’s been smashed by 12 goals have less tackles?

30 scoring shots from 57 i50s for the Pies. Trust me, the umpires/umpiring decisions are the least of your worries.
Simple reason for the low tackle count to Port and high clearance numbers to Collingwood is that Collingwood played well and did the team things like shepherding and running to space to create a genuine handball option. Port player either getting shepherded or running in to attempt a tackle he's never going to make and causing an outnumber when his Collingwood opponent realises this and works to space. This happens a couple of times and becomes a pattern as more Collingwood players realise this and it becomes increasingly harder to stop. This has been a weakness of Port for awhile and I'm surprised more teams haven't exploited it.

Opposite true when Port have the ball / outnumber. Port player runs to space to get the easy stat instead of laying a shepherd and allowing his teammate an unpressured disposal. The Collingwood players are disciplined enough to realise this pattern and leave the Port player to run themselves out of position and sweat on the spillage or panic handball. This then creates an outnumber in favour of Collingwood going the other way due to the Port player running themselves out of position. This then means that Port players are tired from all the wasted running and aren't able to chase as well as the game goes on.

Love how the FoxFooty commentators are tip-toeing around the fact Collingwood are a far better team with McRae as coach instead of Buckley, considering Buckley is with them :)
Better than the commentary for the Collingwood vs Port game last year. Other commentators setting Buckley up to give some insight on Collingwood players and add to the game only for Buckley to ruin it with a comment like "when I got (insert name) to the club". If he coached like he commentated that day it wouldn't be hard for McRae to be better. McRae actually coaches and instructs instead of just how good am I comments.

Simple reason for the low tackle count to Port and high clearance numbers to Collingwood is that Collingwood played well and did the team things like shepherding and running to space to create a genuine handball option. Port player either getting shepherded or running in to attempt a tackle he's never going to make and causing an outnumber when his Collingwood opponent realises this and works to space. This happens a couple of times and becomes a pattern as more Collingwood players realise this and it becomes increasingly harder to stop. This has been a weakness of Port for awhile and I'm surprised more teams haven't exploited it.

Opposite true when Port have the ball / outnumber. Port player runs to space to get the easy stat instead of laying a shepherd and allowing his teammate an unpressured disposal. The Collingwood players are disciplined enough to realise this pattern and leave the Port player to run themselves out of position and sweat on the spillage or panic handball. This then creates an outnumber in favour of Collingwood going the other way due to the Port player running themselves out of position. This then means that Port players are tired from all the wasted running and aren't able to chase as well as the game goes on.
Is that you Fly?

Better than the commentary for the Collingwood vs Port game last year. Other commentators setting Buckley up to give some insight on Collingwood players and add to the game only for Buckley to ruin it with a comment like "when I got (insert name) to the club". If he coached like he commentated that day it wouldn't be hard for McRae to be better. McRae actually coaches and instructs instead of just how good am I comments.
Buckley wasn’t a bad coach to be fair mate, he was 1 heartbreaking kick away from being a premiership coach.

He’s time was up and had come to an end like most coaches and we are now thriving on new blood and fresh ideas in the way of McRae.

Buckley has always been a polarising figure whether it be when he played or he coached, simple as that he was a champion player and captain of Collingwood for a long time and with that brings a lot of dislike from opposition fans.

He has gone about he’s exit from coaching more dignified then most, he has openly said that he is now just a Collingwood fan.

Buckley wasn’t a bad coach to be fair mate, he was 1 heartbreaking kick away from being a premiership coach.

He’s time was up and had come to an end like most coaches and we are now thriving on new blood and fresh ideas in the way of McRae.

Buckley has always been a polarising figure whether it be when he played or he coached, simple as that he was a champion player and captain of Collingwood for a long time and with that brings a lot of dislike from opposition fans.

He has gone about he’s exit from coaching more dignified then most, he has openly said that he is now just a Collingwood fan.
Agree that Buckley wasn't a terrible coach and that his game plan just got a bit stale after awhile. Point I was making is that was the first time I'd ever listened to him talk about AFL in any capacity and he came across as a real figjam that day which would be real off-putting if that was what he was like behind closed doors. I remember thinking no wonder you aren't coaching any more if that's what you're like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My statement is true Cats were unusually ACCURATE to 3/4 time against Pies in round 1. 16.3 is ridiculous. Lucky for us you kicked 4 behinds in the last to our 5.2 final score 16.7 to 19.11.

You scored 120+ at home ground against Hawks (17th) 19.13, Eagles (18th) 21.10, Swans (11th & not looking great) 20.10 and at MCG against Dons (9th) 20.12 coming off a short break from Anzac Day. Wow.

Plus you also have the freak Cameron and Hawkins (who is allowed to push in the back for his marks). What is it with your players! Selwood was allowed to duck his whole career and heralded for it. Ginnivan came in doing it and they changed the bloody rules.

Back