Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Collingwood v Carlton Fri July 28th 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 21.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 40 38.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If any Lions youngster had 28, 1 short of the match high 7 clearances, a game high 9 score involvements and laid 6 tackles, you’d be all over the Rising Star thread nominating him as the winner for this week. Stop talking smack and go to sleep 😂
Don't get me wrong, Nick is already a star and will be fine going forward, but it's ok to just say that he had a shit night at the office.
54% efficiency is WAY down for him. With outside game being his strength, 15 uncontested is fine, but only 1 mark is terrible.
Has kicked at least 1 goal in his last 8, but managed 0.2.
170m less gained than his average and only 1 inside 50 (compared to nearly 4 a game).
He also shirked at least 4-5 contests when he had a chance to go and make it his.
It happens. No big deal, but don't try to disguise it with subterfuge.

Good ‘ol Fadge continuing to live rent free.

I wish I was getting tagged by supporters of a club that had just won too ☹️
Yep, sorry I was out and about with a few mates, including Carlton supporters who I had a great time watching the game with.

Good to see some of the desperados on here are thinking of me.

Wowee.

Don't get me wrong, Nick is already a star and will be fine going forward, but it's ok to just say that he had a s**t night at the office.
54% efficiency is WAY down for him. With outside game being his strength, 15 uncontested is fine, but only 1 mark is terrible.
170m less gained than his average and only 1 inside 50 (compared to nearly 4 a game).
He also shirked at least 4-5 contests when he had a chance to go and make it his.
I’m literally using stats from the game. How is that deceitful?

Geez you lot are hard to please.

I acknowledged it wasn’t his best game, but the clowns are jumping around treating it like he was absolutely horrific tonight, which wasn’t the case.

The way you started that, I could tell where it was going… almost like when racists start their sentence with, “I’m not racist but…”

Don't get me wrong, Nick is already a star and will be fine going forward, but it's ok to just say that he had a s**t night at the office.
I'm glad he's saving himself for the games that count.

Quick scan of this thread and it would seem a home and away win against Collingwood in 2023 could possibly be THE highlight thus far of Carlton's 21st century.

Wowee.

Not bad I guess, given Pies supposedly had the better spread of talent, improved on that in the off-season, while Carlton had a crap bottom 6

So, not a bad win from a mid table side

Half of Curnow’s goals this season have come from free kicks. Lol.
That’s not true. He’s only had 34 frees for the year in 19 games. That’s less than 2 a game. You think he scored a goal from every free he received?? Some would have been on the wing, others he would have passed off and some he would have kicked points. I’m guessing 10-15.
I’m sure someone can find out.

Chill Relax GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quick scan of this thread and it would seem a home and away win against Collingwood in 2023 could possibly be THE highlight thus far of Carlton's 21st century.
Yep, sorry I was out and about with a few mates, including Carlton supporters who I had a great time watching the game with.

Good to see some of the desperados on here are thinking of me.

Wowee.
Good to see you’ve learned a new word from old mate BT.

Credit to you.

I’m literally using stats from the game. How is that deceitful?

Geez you lot are hard to please.

I acknowledged it wasn’t his best game, but the clowns are jumping around treating it like he was absolutely horrific tonight, which wasn’t the case.

The way you started that, I could tell where it was going… almost like when racists start their sentence with, “I’m not racist but…”
That acknowledgement must have been in a different post, because it wasn't in the one I quoted.
How was it deceitful? Let's see... only mentioning positive stats while ignoring the negative? I just completed the picture.
28 disposals is nice... 54% not so much.
Highlighting clearances and tackles while ignoring inside 50s and marks. I just completed the picture.
It WAS an horrific game. Maybe that's a by-product of setting some ridiculously high standards (Walsh had a similar problem in his first couple years).

Imagine being a Collingwood supporter and trying to randomly bring racism into the conversation to support your cause...

lol that was when we fielded half a team.
But I was correct with my tip. Those three players are average at best and you did not miss a beat.
Half a team? Who was missing? You were 2 games removed from winning the flag. How many played from the grand final side?

Every supporter is the same. Plenty of neutrals will tell you that Naughton gets plenty of soft ones that they wished their own forwards would get. And plenty of Carlton supporters will point out the obvious free kicks that Charlie didn't get tonight and other nights.
He also gave a few away which were fair enough.

That’s blue-tinted spectacles imo.

Fwiw, I think those frees should be paid. But right now Curnow gets way more of them paid than other key forwards.

He’s still objectively the best key forward in the comp right now, but the gap would likely be closer if the same standards were applied in relation to scragging off the ball.

That’s blue-tinted spectacles imo.

Fwiw, I think those frees should be paid. But right now Curnow gets way more of them paid than other key forwards.

He’s still objectively the best key forward in the comp right now, but the gap would likely be closer if the same standards were applied in relation to scragging off the ball.

Yeah no other forward gets those two at the top of the goal square frees.

Cerra a first half was amazing!
Lay off Daicos was very close to having a 30 possesion 3 goal game, he is a star.

Jack Martin has genuine X factor I hope he can keep playing and go into finals with some strength and fitness.

Back