AFL 2023 Round 3 - Demons v Swans Sun April 2nd 3:20pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think the swans are definitely good enough

we have not been tested with games v GoCo and Hawks

some of our mids struggled last week.

Think this will be close.

Swans might be top 4ish, but I'm not sold on them in Melbourne. The GF shellacking remains singed on my brain, it was weak and tepid. I could've spend the day with Melinda, but no no the GF was more important.

I reckon Dees have an opportunity here to get their act together, play hard uncompromising footy against a suspect opponent with shaky nerves. And do it for 4 quarters. There is no magic potion for Dees, they just need to go back to playing hard and keeping that mentality to smash opponents, like they did 2 years ago.

Swans might be top 4ish, but I'm not sold on them in Melbourne. The GF shellacking remains singed on my brain, it was weak and tepid. I could've spend the day with Melinda, but no no the GF was more important.

I reckon Dees have an opportunity here to get their act together, play hard uncompromising footy against a suspect opponent with shaky nerves. And do it for 4 quarters. There is no magic potion for Dees, they just need to go back to playing hard and keeping that mentality to smash opponents, like they did 2 years ago.
I like the way you describe what we need to do, it’s right on point. We need to win clearances, win hard ball and defend hard. Sydney however do have the timber on us and given it’s round 3 the nerves won’t be there. Remember they beat us in a QF last year.

Win this and I’ll be a bit more positive.

I like the way you describe what we need to do, it’s right on point. We need to win clearances, win hard ball and defend hard. Sydney however do have the timber on us and given it’s round 3 the nerves won’t be there. Remember they beat us in a QF last year.

Win this and I’ll be a bit more positive.
I forgot about the QF :)

Still, no need for too much "finnessin'" as per Tommy Hafey's old saying, just play your one-wood, break the bastards down.
Good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL is finished

Dees looking very EFFECTIVE.

Demons are for mine the scariest team in the competition when they’re up and about. Very strong front-runners.

Franklin shouldn’t be playing this game. Kozzie should.

AFL looking after its little pet project still. Takes a bit of shine off this one.
You mean the bloke that launched himself off his feet at an opponent's head(thankfully no damage), vs a slight elbow clip, which was stupid, but never going to do any serious damage?

Back