Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 3 - Dogs v Lions Thurs March 30th 7:20pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bulldogs-vs-Brisbane.png

17TH V 12TH

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 3
WESTERN BULLDOGS V BRISBANE
THURSDAY MARCH 30TH 7:20PM AEDT (MARVEL)

:arrowright: CLICK HERE JOIN TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY'S OWN SYSTEM

tipping.png

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

BULLDOGS

B: Bruce, Jones, Crozier
HB: Dale, Keath, Richards
C: Williams, Bontempelli, Jones
HF: Smith, Ugle-Hagan, Treloar
F: Scott, Naughton, Lobb
FOLL: English, Liberatore, Macrae

I/C: Johannisen, Garcia, Daniel, Baker
EMG: Khamis, McComb, Cleary, Sweet

IN: Jones, Treloar, Lobb, Johannisen
OUT: Darcy, West, McLean (all omitted), Duryea (illness), McComb (sub)

LIONS
B: Starcevich, Payne, Joyce
HB: McKenna, Andrews, Wilmot
C: Ashcroft, Bailey, Berry
HF: Cameron, Gunston, McCluggage
F: Zorko, Daniher, Hipwood
FOLL: McInerney, Dunkley, Neale

I/C: McCarthy, Rayner, Coleman, Fort
EMG: Cockatoo, Prior, Fullarton, Answerth

IN: Coleman
OUT: Rich (injured), Robertson (sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Dogs look lifeless and shell shocked.
Guys like Duryea, Bruce, Keath, Scott, Williams, Crozier are all journeymen and should not be playing if you are a legitimate premiership threat.
Lions could win this by 80 but I think we see the Dogs find some offensive cohesiveness.

Lions by 39.

melbun

Premium Platinum
Jan 15, 2023
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Giants.
Bris have played a shocker and a win.
The dogs look ungood.
The winner will be the side that I don't pick in the tipping.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs look lifeless and shell shocked.
Guys like Duryea, Bruce, Keath, Scott, Williams, Crozier are all journeymen and should not be playing if you are a legitimate premiership threat.
Lions could win this by 80 but I think we see the Dogs find some offensive cohesiveness.

Lions by 39.

That group of players might not be great but are not the main issue, and Duryea is one of only a few players who can still hold their head up high. Aside from Bont, the midfield is shocking right now and the coach has no clue how to stop teams scoring out of the centre or in transition.

Based on what I saw on Saturday night, which might be the worst I've seen this team play in person since Bevo took over, then it'll be way more than 39 points. Maybe they can pick themselves up, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Only saving grace is that a belting might hasten the decision that needs to be made.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Aside from Bont, the midfield is shocking right now
Really? Thought Treloar and Libba were much better against Melbourne, Bont started well but was invisible when the heat was on.
Don't think you had any winners in the midfield against the Saints.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really? Thought Treloar and Libba were much better against Melbourne, Bont started well but was invisible when the heat was on.

It's been a bad start. Haven't really had too many winners in any position the last 2 rounds. We've let teams out run us and stream it out of d50 with ease.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

There weren't many winners against the Saints, if any. English stood up in the ruck, and although he didn't play great you could see Bont was still doing some good things - he just didn't have any help.

Daniel starting in centre bounces with Macrae in the forward 50 was a particular highlight, coach is clutching at straws.

Bonty4

Debutant
Oct 12, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Genuine question, is the vibe that Dogs fans want Bevo out? I honestly thought he was held in the highest esteem having delivered a flag but i guess all things dont last forever.

Its becoming the majority feel now to get rid of him

pOleK

Professional Couch Observer
Oct 27, 2014
Tbar
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Atlanta Hawks
My expectations for the last few weeks: Expected to win against Port, got thumped. Expected to get thumped by the Dees, dominated for the first 3 and a half quarters.

So i’m going to get ahead of the curve and expect the doggies to dominate under the roof.

Genuine question, is the vibe that Dogs fans want Bevo out? I honestly thought he was held in the highest esteem having delivered a flag but i guess all things dont last forever.
His done. Game has gone past him. He cannot innovate and honestly with the list we have we should not be where we are, the team isn’t playing for him anymore and if any of the ITK posters are correct, senior team leadership are not happy now and want change in the coaching ranks.

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
His done. Game has gone past him. He cannot innovate and honestly with the list we have we should not be where we are, the team isn’t playing for him anymore and if any of the ITK posters are correct, senior team leadership are not happy now and want change in the coaching ranks.
Seems odd why they re-signed him but i guess club's are happy to these days knowing they will only be liable (not sure thats the right word) for a maxmum of 6 months payout.

Seems odd why they re-signed him but i guess club's are happy to these days knowing they will only be liable (not sure thats the right word) for a maxmum of 6 months payout.
Yeah either way it was a 6 month payout.

If we are 0-6 like I think we’ll be I can see him gone by the bye round, Lade to caretaker coach.

Hopefully board and football department get a broom taken through them, we need a complete clean out right now, it’s a boys club that’s starting to get stale right now.

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah either way it was a 6 month payout.

If we are 0-6 like I think we’ll be I can see him gone by the bye round, Lade to caretaker coach.

Hopefully board and football department get a broom taken through them, we need a complete clean out right now, it’s a boys club that’s starting to get stale right now.
Its a funny one; I was pretty hot on Fagan after round one, some a bit harder on the Lions board that Fagan may have taken the group as far as he could. You probably know the stats, getting monstored in big games and getting flogged by the better teams of the comp (until a couple of good wins in the finals last year), but when you see the likes of McCrae (Pies) and Voss (Blues) and then what he likes of Scott , Clarkson and Lyons and lesser extent Kingsley are getting out of their clubs in the very early days, its easy to see what a fresh voice can do.

I hate saying it b/c I hate Collingwood, but two years ago after that trade and list management debacle and Buckley going, you thought they'll be like bottom 4 for a period and then last year and this year, they are the most exciting teams going around. I thought after round 1 for the Lions and I suspect the Dogs at the minute that both teams arguably have better lists than Pies did 2 years ago and you think imagine what a new coach and assistants, like McCrae did with Pies, would have on Lions / Dogs respectively. I know that just b/c what happened to Pies doesnt necessarily translate, but you do think as I do with Fagan and you with Bevo, that what if. What we do know as Scott, Clarkson and Lyons are doing is that there is an intial sugar hit with a new coach and all players are on level playing field or they think outside of the box with how to use players etc.

Back