Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 3 - Pies v Tigers Fri March 31st 7:50pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-Richmond.png
4TH V 6TH

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 3
COLLINGWOOD V RICHMOND
FRIDAY MARCH 31ST 7:50PM AEDT (MCG)

:arrowright: CLICK HERE JOIN TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY'S OWN SYSTEM

tipping.png

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

PIES

B: N.Murphy, B.Frampton, B.Maynard
HB: J.Noble, D.Moore, S.Pendlebury
C: S.Sidebottom, T.Mitchell, J.Daicos
HF: B.Mihocek, D.Cameron, D.McStay
F: B.Hill, J.Elliott, J.De Goey
FOLL: A.Johnson, T.Adams, N.Daicos

I/C: I.Quaynor, J.Crisp, B.McCreery, W.Hoskin-Elliott
EMG: T.Bianco, T.Wilson, R.McInnes, J.Carmichael

IN: A.Johnson
OUT: R.McInnes (sub), M.Cox (ribs)

TIGERS
B: N.Balta, D.Grimes, T.Young
HB: L.Baker, N.Vlastuin, D.Rioli
C: K.McIntosh, D.Prestia, M.Pickett
HF: M.Rioli, J.Graham, R.Mansell
F: S.Ryan, S.Bolton, T.Lynch
FOLL: T.Nankervis, T.Taranto, T.Cotchin

I/C: J.Riewoldt, H.Ralphsmith, J.Clarke, J.Ross
EMG: T.Dow, B.Miller, N.Cumberland, T.Sonsie

IN: H.Ralphsmith, J.Clarke, J.Ross
OUT: N.Broad (suspension), J.Hopper (knee), J.Short (calf), D.Martin (managed)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

March to Make it Legendary
Collingwood members and supporters will march from Collingwood's training ground, the AIA Vitality Centre, to the MCG at 6.30pm today ahead of the Club's match against Richmond. Collingwood Director Paul Licuria will address the group and lead the march. Patrons are asked to meet at the Club by 6.20pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn tickets already gone for this? I just went to purchase general admin and there’s only single tickets or standing room available.

Based on form so far, McRae and Leppa having a very good understanding of our plans and player weaknesses, I just expect to be pasted here. I reckon as of Round 3 Collingwood are on a different level to us, and while I hope that changes as the season goes on and we build, right now the formlines are poles appart.

It's annoying because I'm going to this one, but I reckon it'll be Pies by 35-50.

Based on form so far, McRae and Leppa having a very good understanding of our plans and player weaknesses, I just expect to be pasted here. I reckon as of Round 3 Collingwood are on a different level to us, and while I hope that changes as the season goes on and we build, right now the formlines are poles appart.

It's annoying because I'm going to this one, but I reckon it'll be Pies by 35-50.
Richmond will most likely lose this going by the form of the 2 clubs in the first 2 rounds
Richmond are also slow starters to the season and build
Richmond also no longer lose 2 games to the same club in a season ;)

Happy to drop 1 now
I like the way you two are insinuating only form is separating these two sides 😂

In saying that, with Richmond’s outs, I predict a Richmond win. Isn’t that how footy works?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond so lucky they sneaked something out of the Carlton game.
Too good against the Crows last week.
Going to get shown up in embarrassing fashion Friday night.

It’s more than form. Collingwood is a better, stronger team.

In saying that, Richmond by 14.
Well I'm tipping that too this year as Collingwood is my flag tip, but it's still just predictions. Last season counts for nought now and there's 6 months to go before we can really assess our predictions.

Anyway, despite being a better team based on the last 30 odd games of AFL footy, Collingwood aren't going 22-0, and Richmond are capable of knocking them off, but I think the form of the two sides suggests that very unlikely this week.

I dont know how you can seriously predict Richmond to win. Broad and Short will definitely be out and Martin, Hopper and Lynch are all under injury clouds on a 6 day break. Add that to the way the sides are playing at this point in the year, I reckon we'll get smashed.

and Martin

lol, the bloke is a liability at the moment so it improves your chances being out.
In fact, you'd also be better off without Cotchin as he's well and truly cooked.

Riewoldt not far behind but looks like Lynch is 50/50 so there is no one else. You lot were talking up Cumberland over the preseason. What's the go with that future GOAT?
Surely he dominated in the VFL on the weekend and will be called upon for selection.

Well I'm tipping that too this year as Collingwood is my flag tip, but it's still just predictions. Last season counts for nought now and there's 6 months to go before we can really assess our predictions.

I’m still not sold on Collingwood’s flag prospects. I’m very confident of a top 8 finish and they’re on track for a top 4 spot, then it’s anyone’s game, but Sydney are the team to beat IMO. They’ve shown in the first 2 rounds the GF result hasn’t smashed them mentally.

Anyway, despite being a better team based on the last 30 odd games of AFL footy, Collingwood aren't going 22-0, and Richmond are capable of knocking them off, but I think the form of the two sides suggests that very unlikely this week.

I dont know how you can seriously predict Richmond to win. Broad and Short will definitely be out and Martin, Hopper and Lynch are all under injury clouds on a 6 day break. Add that to the way the sides are playing at this point in the year, I reckon we'll get smashed.

One Tom Lynch worries me. I know it’s the cliche but the battle of the midfield will decide the result. If Richmond gets 50 i50s and Lynch is getting fed quality i50s, Pies won’t stand a chance.

Pies do their jobs in contested possession and clearances, Pies will get up.

Back