Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 4 - Eagles v Demons Sun April 9th 5:20pm AEST/3:20pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 56 77.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, Jonathon Brown with a random drive by on Jesse Hogan there.

That last goal was not what the WCE wanted. Hope they can dig deep in the last or this could get very ugly.
They have done OK for 2 and 1/2 quarters with a team of kids.

You have to wonder if Petracca playing on with a broken leg last year has permanently impacted his body. He doesn't look to be the same player. Still racks up possessions but lacking some zip

Can't put all the blame on Kelly, been a series of unfortunate events since he got to west coast. Went from 3rd or 4th string mid at Geelong and basically as soon as he came to us, our best 2 mids in shuey and yeo have hardly been on the park along with a whole host of others. Has had to carry a much bigger load than he ever should've had to. Will see him get back towards his best if we can get some of our young midfielders contributing consistently.

I don't think so. But who knows what might happen?

Conversely, we've been absolutely horrific and are up 54 and counting. Going to be a loooong few years for West Coast
Only thing we’ve been comprehensively beaten in is transition and turnovers, and after last week I’m fairly happy with that given there’d be some pretty sore boys out there and our outs are pretty integral to our ball movement.

Think this says more about the “premiership favourites” than the side that lost 5 premiership players in a week and are still holding their own with 18 year olds and WAFL players. We’re far better than what we put out today

Only thing we’ve been comprehensively beaten in is transition and turnovers, and after last week I’m fairly happy with that given there’d be some pretty sore boys out there and our outs are pretty integral to our ball movement.

Think this says more about the “premiership favourites” than the side that lost 5 premiership players in a week and are still holding their own with 18 year olds. We’re far better than what we put out today
You sound like me when Melbourne were horrendous a decade ago trying to justify a horrific spanking.

Just beaten in transition and turnovers? That’s 80% of modern footy.

FFS, how can the goal umpire not just call that. Pretty bloody obvious that was a goal

Is calling for a goal review the instruction of the week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You sound like me when Melbourne were horrendous a decade ago trying to justify a horrific spanking.

After being battered physically last week? Against supposedly the fittest team in the league? This should have been 100+ (and was last season) and the fact it was within 4 goals for 70 minutes is a huge positive for us and reflects very poorly on the Dees

After being battered physically last week? Against supposedly the fittest team in the league? This should have been 100+ (and was last season) and the fact it was within 4 goals for 70 minutes is a huge positive for us and reflects very poorly on the Dees

Yeah they'll be completely devastated. Are West Coast going to sing the song when this humiliation of Melbourne ends?

Given this is in Perth we have to fly to Adelaide in probably 5 days I cant see them going all out. IF we can get a decent lead say 6 or 7 goals, I think they'll ease off a little late in the third.

I'm still expecting WC to be competitive though.
I think that's a concern for the fitness coaches and training. Players won't go any less hard. I can't see the players ease off in the 3rd quarter anyway. It does seem like a tough draw travel wise for Melbourne though.

Looking like you were right and I was wrong. Melbourne in cruise control now.

Yep, WC have been amazing. Well done.

If you had lost seven of your premiership players in a week and had to play one of the flag favourites I suspect you would struggle too.

This is one of those games that it is hard to take much from.
Eagles are being valiant but are getting thumped.
Demons are a class above and are winning comfortably but look like they are in second gear. Doing what needs to be done .

Back