Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 4 - Tigers v Dogs Sat April 8th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wierd game.

I'd say Richmond was the better team, but apart from the 2nd qtr, the dogs outplayed them. Weather was a factor. Dry track might well have changed the result.

Dogs would be very happy with this result. Tiges would be kicking themselves. 8 pt game.

On SM-J530Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

Better team won on the night overall.

Caleb Daniel was absolutely magnificent that final quarter, deserves 3 brownlow votes

Whilst the umpiring was poor it wasn't the reason Richmond lost this game. They were too risky coming out of D50 which resulted in a few turnovers 60-70m out. They were also fumbling the ball a lot, whereas the dogs were cleaner when picking it up. Cumberland particularly I noticed was horrible by foot and fumbled a lot

The McComb free was dodgy, but I agree. Grimes and Young trying a 60m switch kick into the middle of the ground when we were already up made no sense and was poor game awareness. The resulting goals from turnovers were costly.

Imagine if the dogs didn’t have bont. Would struggle to win. Wins ball. Makes good decisions. Outruns other team mates defensively.

Once it got outside it looked like Richmond were going to score every time. Lot of pace with the ball.

Midfield just got punished too much inside
Richmond too sloppy too often in execution but I'd rather see them playing this type of footy and see how it goes.

Bont lifted in the last and the Dogs dominated large chunks of the game.

English is a superstar of the competition

Yep. Was my worry all week. Nankervis has been horrible most games this year. English is a gun. Was always gonna get towelled up. We just had to be able to limit the influence their.mids had on the contest with English's ruckwork and we couldn't.

Richmond too sloppy too often in execution but I'd rather see them playing this type of footy and see how it goes.

Bont lifted in the last and the Dogs dominated large chunks of the game.

Definitely signs in the first quarter that you were going to open us up but poor kicking turned it over and often lead to a score down the other end. Once it was cleaned up in the second quarter the Dogs looked vulnerable. Rain and half time came at the wrong time for Richmond.

Clearances 43-25.

Thought mortgaging their future for Taranto and Hopper was going to solve their sole weakness?

Be nice if we had a decent tap ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taranto and hopper are horrendous relative to the price Richmond paid. Not good

It looks bad now, but if it allows Cotchin, Prestia not to play 23 games, or be used as sub occassionally, it will work out, imo.

Nank is ok
Plenty worse rucks comp

Nank's around the ground stuff and follow ups are solid. But he ALWAYS gets smashed against rucks.like English, Gawn, Grundy and Nic Nat who are mobile but also great tap ruckmen. It's why we looked better in the second when Ryan was in the ruck.

lol typical Martin the quick dinky kick and receives the handball to pad the stats having done nothing all quarter long
That's so typical of Dusty, isn't it? The bloke who, in 2017, won a Brownlow by record margins whilst reducing his possession stats from 2016 (when we were famously s**t). I know some of our supporters have been obnoxious towards the Cats recently, but this is a good example of how Cats posters have been equally obnoxious.

Definitely signs in the first quarter that you were going to open us up but poor kicking turned it over and often lead to a score down the other end. Once it was cleaned up in the second quarter the Dogs looked vulnerable. Rain and half time came at the wrong time for Richmond.
The inside 50 count was a worry. Richmond are too patchy at the moment.

Dogs could have made more of their opportunities too.

I thought the dual between Naughton and Tylar Young was a good battle.

The McComb free was dodgy, but I agree. Grimes and Young trying a 60m switch kick into the middle of the ground when we were already up made no sense and was poor game awareness. The resulting goals from turnovers were costly.
How is it dodgy when he copped a clear high whack?
I agree the defender couldn't do much, but it was clear high contact and wasn't a duck.

Great play Dogs, waited for the Tiges to make the mistake, then toughed it out to hold territory.

Dimma 0 - 1 Bevo today

Second quarter was just a weird blip where the Dogs must have got unlucky in the centre clearances, because their midfield is 2x better than ours.

Back