Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 4 - Tigers v Dogs Sat April 8th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's so typical of Dusty, isn't it? The bloke who, in 2017, won a Brownlow by record margins whilst reducing his possession stats from 2016 (when we were famously s**t). I know some of our supporters have been obnoxious towards the Cats recently, but this is a good example of how Cats posters have been equally obnoxious.

Just put the flog posters on ignore and your BF experience will be a lot better for it.

If only we weren't so hell bent on 'Richmond don't tag', we could have negated the Bont at clearances..

Sure the guy has won 3 flags, but still don't like Dimma dismissing out of hand a very valuable tactic.
Did Cotch go to Bont at stages?

Dogs got the ascendancy in clearances even without Bontempelli.

After half time we just couldn't put it together. Our execution really let us down. How many times were we one a break in the last qtr only to kick it 40-50m and turn it straight over without even a contest because our player was either out of position or the delivery coming in directly favoured the opposition defender.

Just one goal in it so those couple of dodgy free kicks to the Dogs inside 50 in the last quarter cost Richmond but so did their bad kicking for goal.

You need to build up a big enough lead against the Dogs so the umpiring doesn't matter like we did a couple of rounds ago but unfortunately for Richmond they aren't as good as us and they paid the price today.
Those frees didn't help, but ultimately the Bulldogs kept the ball in their forward half exclusively in the last qtr (except for the last 5 mins). They would have scored a goal one way or the other. They played better in general in the last.

Ultimately Richmond had only one good qtr for the whole game. Bulldogs played better in the first and last qtr (third qtr neither team were that good).

Those frees didn't help, but ultimately the Bulldogs kept the ball in their forward half exclusively in the last qtr (except for the last 5 mins). They would have scored a goal one way or the other. They played better in general in the last.

Ultimately Richmond had only one good qtr for the whole game. Bulldogs played better in the first and last qtr (third qtr neither team were that good).
Good post mate.

Have to agree. Some dodgy umpiring that led directly to Dogs goals, but we couldn't hit a target to save ourselves, we got destroyed out of the stoppages all game, we could not get the ball forward or inside 50, our disposal by foot was disgusting (again) and we played 15 minutes of good footy out of 120.

Not good enough, poor coaching, poor execution.

The Dogs were better, but I don't think they were necessarily good either. To lose by 5 points is frustrating, it's good to be competitive in every game, but I'm getting real sick of these competitive losses where if we fixed a few things they'd be wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be a bit of theme this year with a lot of teams.

It was really a 15 minute burst in the 2nd quarter when Richmond piled on 7 unanswered goals.

In the remaining 85% of the match, the Bulldogs outscored Richmond 12.16 (88) to 5.11 (41)

It's a worry... But I wouldn't be slashing my wrists just yet if I was a Tigers fan. There's a lot of water to go under the bridge. The comp is more even than it has ever been without any clear standout brilliant side. You only need to look at last season when Geelong was labouring in 7th place with 5 wins/4 losses before they got their act together and totally dusted the competition. No reason why Richmond can't do something similar.

Last edited:
WhY DoNt ThEy UsE A FeW Top-3 DrAfT PiCkS On MidFiElDeRs LiKe We hAvE ??

ThEy So SiLly.

just lol.
Walsh - pick 1
Kennedy - pick 29
Cripps - pick 13
Hewett - free
Cerra - pick 8

Martin - pick 3
Cotchin - Pick 2
Taranto - Pick 12 & 19
Hopper - Future 1st and a few late picks
Prestia - Pick 6 and swap of second rounders
Shai Bolton - Pick 29?

I’m not saying Taranto or Hopper are bad pickups, I’m just stating the obvious fact that you hugely overpaid for two good to great players. Neither are stars.

ryan had a little purple patch in the ruck, then Nank had his best spell in the ruck

we need a ruck.
Tim English is going to be one of the best ruckman in the comp, if he isn't nearly there already
But the ruck is a definite area of concern for Richmond. Nank has been a good soldier over the past 6 or 7 years, but you could do with an upgrade.

Richmond were SMASHED in the clearances today... but then again... they always were, even in their premiership years.

Just one goal in it so those couple of dodgy free kicks to the Dogs inside 50 in the last quarter cost Richmond but so did their bad kicking for goal.

You need to build up a big enough lead against the Dogs so the umpiring doesn't matter like we did a couple of rounds ago but unfortunately for Richmond they aren't as good as us and they paid the price today.

No, losing clearances 41-26 will cost you a game. We were well worthy of the win against a quality team and club.

Walsh - pick 1
Kennedy - pick 29
Cripps - pick 13
Hewett - free
Cerra - pick 8

Martin - pick 3
Cotchin - Pick 2
Taranto - Pick 12 & 19
Hopper - Future 1st and a few late picks
Prestia - Pick 6 and swap of second rounders
Shai Bolton - Pick 29?

I’m not saying Taranto or Hopper are bad pickups, I’m just stating the obvious fact that you hugely overpaid for two good to great players. Neither are stars.
Cotchin should have been our pick 1! Forced to donate it to your lot.

right now, I'm glad we paid, and would pay more, simple because...how bad would our midfield be without H + T?!

Frankly I think we need to double-down and pay top dollar in that other area we have skimped on in the last years- first ruck.

Sure, we will go the way of Hawthorn, but Hawthorn finished top 4 in 2018, the equivalent of us jagging top 4 this year (won't happen though)

Have to agree. Some dodgy umpiring that led directly to Dogs goals, but we couldn't hit a target to save ourselves, we got destroyed out of the stoppages all game, we could not get the ball forward or inside 50, our disposal by foot was disgusting (again) and we played 15 minutes of good footy out of 120.

Not good enough, poor coaching, poor execution.

The Dogs were better, but I don't think they were necessarily good either. To lose by 5 points is frustrating, it's good to be competitive in every game, but I'm getting real sick of these competitive losses where if we fixed a few things they'd be wins.
There was also that Hannan legging in the goalsquare.

Crap umpiring is expected in crap conditions. As a senior umpire myself, it isn't an easy job

There was also that Hannan legging in the goalsquare.

Crap umpiring is expected in crap conditions. As a senior umpire myself, it isn't an easy job
Dogs supporter who umpires, AFL call up in 3...2...

Back