Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 5 Gather Round - Crows v Blues Thurs April 13th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 26.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you.

Blues next 7 games:-

Stkilda (likely loss)
West Coast (likely win)
Brisbane (likely loss)
Bulldogs (likely loss)
Collingwood (likely loss)
Sydney (likely loss)
Melbourne (likely loss)

Could easily be on 4 and 7 + 1 draw. % Currently on 96% would be shot to the electrifying 80's.

Could they cope with the pressure of needing to win 8 or 9 of their last 11 to avoid missing finals? 🤣
Have Brisbane (away), Bulldogs and Sydney really shown much more then we have this season? Other then Saints, Collingwood and Melbourne every team has looked fairly average this year, and even the last two both got pumped by the Lions at home.

He excels at mouthing off to 18 year old kids in bottom teams
This 18yo kid? The one who all North fans now hate, but still inexplicably stand up for when it comes to this incident, where he was being a complete dick and a dirty sniper? This little snot stain?
1681446038285.png
1681446075542.png
1681446271338.png

Tippett played some very, very good football for us (Unfortunately not in his two grand finals lol)

Crows also gave us grand final-saving hero Marty Mattner.

That one still stings, alongside Tyson Stenglein.

I reckon you have 1-2 realistically winnable games in the next 5, but confidence and belief can be a hell of a thing.
Get on a roll and it could easily be 3-4 out of 5. Can't see you winning all games against Pies, Cats and Saints, but Pies are vulnerable without a ruck. Cats look shaky and can't declare them back after one win. jury still out on just how good the Saints are. One of the biggest Jekyll and Hyde sides in recent years. Their season could flip in a month.

You were annoyingly great to watch, but also getting away with a lot of holding and illegal contact. Not sure if that's part of your playing style this year, but could come back to bite if the umps start to notice. Not blaming it for the loss and umps can only call what they see. You guys turned up with a fast and physical style and we looked like we either weren't ready for it, or just weren't up to returning fire.

Getting away with scragging is as much of a skill as kicking the football. It's something I'm pretty happy we're executing well for the most part.

We've been slowly adding that unsociable side for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Getting away with scragging is as much of a skill as kicking the football. It's something I'm pretty happy we're executing well for the most part.
Scragging is an art for sure, that free that was paid on H where the defender (Doedee maybe?) grabbed Harry's hand and pulled it as he spoiled the ball was clever. He got pinged against, sure - but it's great technique. All defenders do it.

Scragging is an art for sure, that free that was paid on H where the defender (Doedee maybe?) grabbed Harry's hand and pulled it as he spoiled the ball was clever. He got pinged against, sure - but it's great technique. All defenders do it.
Without doubt. The more you do it, or the more daring you get as you continue to get away with it, and the umps can start looking for it if they become aware of it.

There was another one, I think it was O'Brien along the boundary line. A Blues player ran past him to try and get to a loose ball. O'Brien just grabs his wrist and pulls on it to slow him down and stop him getting to the contest. Was pretty obvious from the camera angle, but might have been hard to see for the umps. That one wasn't called.
Come to think of it, the wrist seemed to be a common target. I recall seeing one against Cripps at a bounce too. Maybe they've identified that wrist holds go unnoticed a fair bit and train for it.

3 games with a distinct home advantage.
1 neutral. 1 away game against a bottom 4 side.

Who have you played?
GWS - bottom 4 bound - lost
Richmond at home - 7-12 range - lost
Port Adelaide - 7-12 range
Fremantle at home - 7-12 range
Carlton at home - 5-8 range

4 games out of 5 at the Adelaide Oval…

Real tough start… you couldn’t even beat GWS away..
It's been great. Nice to get a favourable draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have Brisbane (away), Bulldogs and Sydney really shown much more then we have this season? Other then Saints, Collingwood and Melbourne every team has looked fairly average this year, and even the last two both got pumped by the Lions at home.
Every one of those teams will be tougher games than GWS, North and the not trying 0-3 version of Geelong.

Nothing worse than a person who goes back through a thread to quote'n'gloat after a side has lost. Even worse when that person's team wasn't involved in the game.

As for JyeDye's sure things? If you actually read the thread, it was tongue in cheek and made after someone commented that Carlton supporters were going around claiming we were a sure thing for top 2.

As for last night's game? Meh.
We've been playing scrappy and winning ugly. Something had to give. Hopefully it kicks them into gear and makes them realise that they can't expect to win most weeks while playing average footy.
The response in the next few weeks is what's important, not our first loss 5 games into a 23 game season.
Yep nothing worse than holding slipperly peoples gloating and punching down to account when they are on the receiving end.

Except maybe those who then try to slip out of their showboat filled predictions with caveats that they insist are suddenly being releant after the result.

There's just nothing worse. It's my 'sure thing'.

Other than that, massive tangent oh slippery one.

Last edited:
That one still stings, alongside Tyson Stenglein.
I don't mind the Stenglein one. We traded him for pick 12, gave that pick to Melbourne for Scott Thompson who was a very good player for us for a very long time. Probably went on 1-2 years too long, but he was outstanding for a decade.

Am I?

Richmond playing home games against other Victorian teams vs Adelaide home games against interstate sides…

You have had a very favourable draw to start the season. Are you convincing yourself otherwise amidst your misplaced giddiness?
Looks like I touched a nerve

Without doubt. The more you do it, or the more daring you get as you continue to get away with it, and the umps can start looking for it if they become aware of it.

There was another one, I think it was O'Brien along the boundary line. A Blues player ran past him to try and get to a loose ball. O'Brien just grabs his wrist and pulls on it to slow him down and stop him getting to the contest. Was pretty obvious from the camera angle, but might have been hard to see for the umps. That one wasn't called.
Come to think of it, the wrist seemed to be a common target. I recall seeing one against Cripps at a bounce too. Maybe they've identified that wrist holds go unnoticed a fair bit and train for it.
As opposed to the full body hug Cripps was allowed to do on Dawson trying to slow him down, I guess the umps decided it was a lame attempt and didn't work so let him off.

Yep nothing worse than holding slipperly peoples gloating and punching down to account when they are on the receiving end.

Except maybe those who then try to slip out of their showboat filled predictions with caveats that they insist are suddenly being releant after the result.

There's just nothing worse. It's my 'sure thing'.

Other than that, massive tangent oh slippery one.
Jesus! What did this hot mess look like BEFORE you edited it?
1681455531817.png

As for the 'caveats', the conversation is still there for you to find the context you're looking for, if you can concentrate long enough to comprehend it.

Back