Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 7 - Dogs v Hawks Sat April 29th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 24 55.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every 50/50 decision goes the dogs’ way, whether it’s a free to them or not to us, every single one.
Garbage, how many throws has Newcombe gotten away with? The out of zone high free kicks when the replay shows nothing.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
Garbage, how many throws has Newcombe gotten away with? The out of zone high free kicks when the replay shows nothing.
Dogs fans desperate scrambling and denial about being the biggest umpy’s mummy’s boys in the history of the game is truly something to behold.

I think I can count three posts atm on this page not about umpiring.
Much easier for hawfs to rationalise it as being the umps fault than just being mostly talentless.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hawks just don’t have enough players to rotate through the midfield at this stage. Probably the reason opposition midfields get on top in the second half.

Nat Fyfe

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hawks were actually very well coached. Nowhere near as bad as they’ve been made out to be. I rate Mitchell.
Personally not seeing anything revolutionary in their game plan so am reserving my judgement of Mitchell, but their stoppages work is elite. Midfield of relative no-namers is well outperforming expectations, predominantly in stoppages

Hawks just don’t have enough players to rotate through the midfield at this stage. Probably the reason opposition midfields get on top in the second half.
Not uncommon for younger teams to not be able to run out games.

I know this too well over the past few seasons.

Expect this will be a regular issue for the Hawks, given they traded out most of their experienced players.

Back