Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 7 - Eagles v Blues Sat April 29th 7:30pm AEST/5:30 WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah and we kicked a couple of junk time goals to bring the margin back. I remember that game and its awfulness. So glad we moved away from that. Well, apart from 2016 against Sydney when we were down by 136 points at the beginning of the 4th quarter 🙃

Anyway, nice win by Carlton today. West Coast have lost their resilience, so winning by a lot against them doesn’t really mean much anymore in terms of Premiership contention. Richmond and Western Bulldogs beat them by 100+ in Perth last year and exited in week 1 of finals. Still good to win by 100+ though. Ask Melbourne fans about how nice that is :)

When are questions going to be asked of Adam Simpson?

I get the injuries are significant but this is brutally non competitive
It's almost as bad as the Port magpies in the SANFL.

If you want to know how badly Injuries are hurting the eagles AFL and WAFL club.... It wasn't last weekend but the round before that , eagles WAFL team had 32 goals scored against them

How sh!t are West Coast? I mean really really sh!t? How have they not had heads roll at that club?
Yes it's a little scary actually. I do really feel for them for such an incredibly deep injury list, but with the way we've been playing even a side made up of randos from the pub in Perth should have been a bit more competitive.

No he marks 35 mtrs out dead in front and passes it off to Durdin 30 mtrs out on an angle FMD :rolleyes:
Quite clearly trying to get it to Charlie for #10

He has the yips with the drop punt so anything straight or right of centre is a left foot snap inside 40m and he nails 90% of them, if he marks on the left flank or further out he gets about 1 out of 5 with the drop punt always slightly shanking them.

Yes it's a little scary actually. I do really feel for them for such an incredibly deep injury list, but with the way we've been playing even a side made up of randos from the pub in Perth should have been a bit more competitive.
Cooked. Too many young players being asked to play main roles despite not being ready for it yet. They're running out of steam as the season wears on.

For neutrals with a taste for schadenfreude, Saturday nights double header is a Festival. This match will be the close one.

Blues by 81.

Wow I got that one wrong.

We missed finals last year by %.

But our draw in round 1 means % is almost certainly meaningless this year (which I assume is what you meant)

Yep. The commemtators mentioned boosting % easily 10 or 12 times. Now, we expect them to be clueless morans, but where were the producers and researchers to remind them that the Draw means % is basically useless unless other clubs have a Draw, or Carlton have another Draw.

This was the first Eagles game I didn't watch this season. Just couldn't get in the mood yesterday and knowing Carlton and where they are at it was going to be (overdue) painful ruthless viewing. Think I chose my bye well. Next couple rounds look more enticing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

452 to 285 disposals, 137 to 57 marks, and a 71% inside 50 efficiency (including out on the full shots) 😳 Carlton came to play yesterday
Was absolutely the best thing as a Carlton supporter, for many, many years the team has failed to turn a win into a thrashing and kept the opposition in the game. I know WC aren't great but the goals kept coming until the last minute.

Was absolutely the best thing as a Carlton supporter, for many, many years the team has failed to turn a win into a thrashing and kept the opposition in the game. I know WC aren't great but the goals kept coming until the last minute.
I initially didn’t think much of it, but I’m coming around now. It’s kinda a big deal when a team that normally doesn’t thump a side does it. Especially when they do it interstate. Richmond’s 2017 and 2019 Premiership runs came after we obliterated Fremantle in Perth and Gold Coast in Gold Coast respectively. Yeah they weren’t good sides in those years, but Richmond doesn’t really thump teams by 90+ very often, so it gave us a real confidence boost.

This could’ve been the game that made Carlton’s offence click because that’s really the only thing that was missing this year.

What an ugly game of AFL football to endure, not a gleaming endorsement for the AFL expansion vision, draws scrutiny to the very essence and rationale and any proposal for additional clubs.
Such thorough defeats have to be addressed by the AFL, not pretty.

What an ugly game of AFL football to endure, not a gleaming endorsement for the AFL expansion vision, draws scrutiny to the very essence and rationale and any proposal for additional clubs.
Such thorough defeats have to be addressed by the AFL, not pretty.
Huh?

Who would have thought this match is the better viewing tonight!

Even with their injuries this is woeful from the Eagles.

When are questions going to be asked of Adam Simpson?

I get the injuries are significant but this is brutally non competitive
Well I'm going to inform you crow fans on something. If the eagles AFL side has Injuries, it also hurts the eagles WAFL side too.

The eagles WAFL side conceded 32 goals a couple of weeks ago.

The dockers men's side is crap this season. Yet the dockers ressies side in the WAFL Peel thunder are competitive and winning games.

Looking at Peels 22 players that are getting games. It's usually 10-12 dockers listed players and 10-12 peel listed players.

Having the dockers taking over peel is like The crows taking over a struggling side in the SANFL such as West Adelaide or south Adelaide Panthers

Back