Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 8 - Cats v Crows Sat May 6th 2:10pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Crows by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 32 53.3%
  • Crows by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think umpiring made that much difference to the game without it being particularly good.

I would say this though, if chicken wing tackles were banned that would not be good for Geelong.

Nice first sentence - English much?

interesting that the quarter that was best umpired resulted in the most free kicks for your team. In the end, the umpires were quite poor and had only a marginal impact on the game, but not really the win-loss result. Geelong, without a number of key players were better, by a small margin on their home deck. I’m actually enjoying watching the even effort from Adelaide this year - lots to work with going forward
Lol

I’m not one focusing on the count like a fool.

Why don’t explain why they were dubious?

Who's taking your place? Bulldogs should make it.

I can't see Carlton or Essendon staying in.
sydney wont be crap forever. giants still around the mark, bulldogs too. at this very second we're currently 9th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are incorrect, and you are the only person who thinks it wasn’t a shcoker. The ball was knocked out in the tackle, and he did not have prior.

Plenty of Crows supporters in their autopsy thread don't think they were hard done by at all.

Did you see the Crow player placing the ball on the ground after being tackled for about 10 seconds?

If Adelaide converted like that last week they'd have won by 7 goals. Funny old game sometimes. Geelong who have largely been clinical this season, left their kicking boots at home. 4 valuable points. Might get 6 players back by the Bulldogs game in a few weeks.

And you’ve just played the two best sides and been competitive in both. I hate to say it
unfortunately you dont get points for competitive obviously. just think we'll pay for some of our bad kicking performances later on in the season.

unfortunately you dont get points for competitive obviously. just think we'll pay for some of our bad kicking performances later on in the season.

No you don’t but you get confidence from it. Crows will be better for today.

Our defence I thought was excellent and you still managed to pressure it and make us earn a tough win

We were just not clinical enough entering F50... combined with all our key forwards struggling. We are playing an injured Fogarty.

Haven't changed my preseason prediction that we will just miss finals & 2024 will be the year we return.

Umps were nothing special except that little blond grub #22 (Williamson?). He really doesn't like Geelong. It's not the first time he's been like this with us.

Very good win for the Cats, I think the home ground advantage was offset by the respective ins and outs. I think Ceglar provided a good contest for O'Brien and kept him from being a dominant force. A few of our younger players were very good as well.

Dangerfield's going to be a huge out for next week, hopefully 1-2 ready to come back. The injury list is getting to a concerning level now.

Back