Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 8 - Tigers v Eagles Sat May 6th 1:45pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond-vs-WCE.png

16th v 18th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 8

RICHMOND V WEST COAST
SATURDAY MAY 6TH 1:45PM AEST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

TIGERS

B: N. Broad, D. Grimes – C, N. Balta
HB: D. Rioli, N. Vlastuin, L. Baker
C: K. McIntosh, T. Taranto, J. Ross
HF: M. Pickett, D. Prestia, J. Graham
F: S. Ryan, D. Martin, J. Riewoldt
FOLL: I. Soldo, J. Hopper, S. Bolton

I/C: J. Short, B. Miller, H. Ralphsmith, J. Clarke
EMG: T. Dow, N. Cumberland, J. Bauer, R. Mansell

IN: D. Prestia, J. Graham, H. Ralphsmith
OUT: T. Sonsie (Omitted), N. Cumberland (Omitted), T. Young (Injured), T. Cotchin (Managed)

EAGLES
B: J. Rotham, T. Barrass – C, L. Duggan
HB: J. Jones, S. Hurn, A. Witherden
C: R. Ginbey, T. Kelly, J. Hunt
HF: X. O’Neill, J. Darling, L. Edwards
F: J. Petruccelle, O. Allen, J. Waterman
FOLL: B. Williams, D. Sheed, A. Gaff

I/C: L. Foley, C. West, G. Clark, J. Culley
EMG: C. Chesser, Z. Trew, H. Barnett, C. Jamieson

IN: D. Sheed
OUT: S. Petrevski-Seton (suspended), R. Bazzo (injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

Richmond fans that are pessimistic have no reason to be. The only light at the end of the tunnel for the Eagles at the moment is an oncoming train. Youngsters showing promise are starting to tire, and none of the first 22 are due back this week.

Richmond by 72.

Richmond fans that are pessimistic have no reason to be. The only light at the end of the tunnel for the Eagles at the moment is an oncoming train. Youngsters showing promise are starting to tire, and none of the first 22 are due back this week.

Richmond by 72.
I don't think Richmond will lose at the MCG (surely not!), but unless West Coast kick 6 points for the match or something like that, I don't know where this hypothetical 72-point margin will come from. Realistically speaking, we've scored over 80 points twice this season and are 16th in points for. Also, Lynch (who kicked a total 9.6 against West Coast across both 2022 games) isn't playing. I don't see a big margin like that happening especially if it rains because we've been terrible in the rain this year.

I don't think Richmond will lose at the MCG (surely not!), but unless West Coast kick 6 points for the match or something like that, I don't know where this hypothetical 72-point margin will come from. Realistically speaking, we've scored over 80 points twice this season and are 16th in points for. Also, Lynch (who kicked a total 9.6 against West Coast across both 2022 games) isn't playing. I don't see a big margin like that happening especially if it rains because we've been terrible in the rain this year.

Fair points, but West Coast also now have the lowest percentage in the competition and there are no reinforcements coming back this week.

Richmond we all agree are pretty bad at the moment but they haven't approached West Coast Round 7 levels of bad. I expect Riewoldt to kick a bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond can't hit the side of a barn door going forward, Eagles can't hit the side of a barn door transitioning from defence. This could be a nil all draw with all the play being between wing and half forward for the tigs

And if this one doesn't whet your appetite, the Dockers-Hawks blockbuster is on later that evening.

Saturday looking like a good day to get all those things done you've been putting off for a while (gardening/weeding, visiting the in-laws, asking the kids how they are etc)

Richmond by 72.
at least you look likely to get Harley Reid! Young Dusty apparently.

Tiges on the quintuple rebound can't lose this one.

Shirley?

Prob 25K to attend. If it was at Marvel it might be interesting but Tigers shouldn't lose at the MCG.

Tiges on the quintuple rebound can't lose this one.

Shirley?
Losing this game at the MCG would simply be a disaster. It would be Hardwick’s worst loss in his tenure IMO, surpassing both the infamous Karmichael Hunt game + our first loss to Gold Coast, the 2011 Port Adelaide loss, and the ugly Tom Hafey tribute game loss. West Coast are limiting training this week because they only have 26 AFL players available!

Only loss that would be worse this millennium would be that 222-65 loss against Geelong in 2007. So we simply cannot afford to lose this one. We may not smash them, but winning this one at home is non-negotiable.

Back