Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 9 - Crows v Saints Sun May 14th 1:10pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Please! Coming from Brisbane who can only win at the gabba or win when they are flat track bullies

Must have flat tracked the Dees in an MCG final last year…

You lost the pies game because the crows panicked in the last quarter, stopped playing the game that got you 30 points up going into the third.

Today's game was a combination of Crows playing well, home ground advantage and Saints playing horribly.
Time for some changes at Saints, ins for next week King, Webster and Windhager.
We lost the collingwood game missing half a dozenvery easy shots for goal in the first half to be 3-10 instead of 10-3..there is the game right there..they dont come back from that

Crows far too good. Comprehensive victory. As usual the Saints and their supporters got ahead of themselves.

Reality check today. Expect them to fall away as they did last season. Will struggle to make the 8.
Where did we get ahead of ourselves? Mist Saints supporters picked us being between 6th and 12th, looking pretty spot on now.

Your team was accurate today.

Also I think your mob kicked 17.10.112 vs freo a few weeks back
My point was more confident we would have the most scoring shots like we have had in every game til last week... so the only way it would be a draw was if we kicked badly like we have in most of our losses.

Was our most complete game since Blues. Unfortunately I had to leave at half time due to Mother's Day commitments, but easier knowing the game was under control.

I've been waiting for the bubble to burst, I don't think the Saints are as good as people have been spruiking.

They may make the 8 but it will be in the bottom half.

I don't think it'll burst, per se, Ross the Boss is too good of a coach and they play a sustainable style for it too. Could easily end up top 4 in a league where there really aren't standouts.

That said, I doubt the Saints have the high-end talent to be able to go deep in finals.

Said it a month ago - when your primary strength is your fitness, in terms of running ability, it’ll only benefit you for the first 4-6 weeks of the season because the training programs are adjusted once the season begins, and everybody else gets a chance to catch up.
Actually it's mainly the 1st half of the season if you are a young squad or a bottom 6 side.

Still remember freos 2017 season when they had 8 wins.

They had 6 wins and 3 losses by round 9.

Then got smashed by the crows by 100 points in round 10.

Dockers won 2 more games after round 10 once experienced players were injured and replaced with kids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You lost the pies game because the crows panicked in the last quarter, stopped playing the game that got you 30 points up going into the third.

Today's game was a combination of Crows playing well, home ground advantage and Saints playing horribly.

No, we lost the game because we couldn't hit the side of a barn door in the first quarter, and should have buried Collingwood early. Missed some easy run in goals from under 30 metres.

Crows lost to the pies recently because they kicked 6.15.51 in the 1st 3 quaters Had they kicked 15.6.96 at 3 quarter time, collingwood would not of come back.

The Crows kicked 7.16.58 all up. That could of been 16.7.103, the same score as Freos score vs the swans at the SCG.

Crows kicked 19.7.121 to the saints 10.9.69.

I saw the crows belt freo 17.9.111 to freos 10.12.72.

Crows on a good day can do damage, especially if the forwards click.

Saints have had some good wins despite the injuries. No shame to lose to the crows in Adelaide oval if they are playing some half decent footy.

No, we lost the game because we couldn't hit the side of a barn door in the first quarter, and should have buried Collingwood early. Missed some easy run in goals from under 30 metres.

agreed. Your team kicked 6.15.51 at 3 quarter time. That could of been 15.6.96 or even 13.8.86.

Crows kicked 7.16.58 vs collingwood and lost in the last 30 seconds.

That could of been a similar score Freo got vs the swans at the SCG this round in 16.7.103.

Crows are still a very inexperienced side, and our three old heads in Tex, Smith and Sloane have been playing well. We have a couple of spots we need to fill, and we have maybe four kids coming up who could also make it in Cook, Schoenberg, Dowling and Worrell.

I think we are a chance to lose McAdam, Worrell and Doedee, which won't be helpful.

Back