Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 9 - Lions v Bombers Sat May 13th 7:25pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 34 75.6%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombers came in with a great game plan and executed it well in the first half. Kept us to 2 goals. Couldn't maintain it. Sell out crowd at the Gabba is a great result.

Brisbane supporters can’t use this, Ch7 froths over Brisbane and has them on every week and talks them up like nothing else.
I do wonder if other boards are the same but on the Brisbane one you'd be thinking that the entire commentary team actively barracks against us. It's a bit silly.

Closer than I expected. Badly undermanned I expected a huge loss but to their credit they had a crack in the first half but eventually through sheer weight of numbers and quality we were dismissed with ease.
Still far too many passengers each week but Brad has at least got us playing a better style of football and can see what he is trying to do. Unfortunately he was handed a s**t sandwich with a poor list and quite possibly an even worse fitness team

Closer than I expected. Badly undermanned I expected a huge loss but to their credit they had a crack in the first half but eventually through sheer weight of numbers and quality we were dismissed with ease.
Still far too many passengers each week but Brad has at least got us playing a better style of football and can see what he is trying to do. Unfortunately he was handed a s**t sandwich with a poor list and quite possibly an even worse fitness team
A better style? Over 50 inside 50's the last two weeks.

Brisbane had like 31 inside 50s in the first half that was putrid

Smashed in the contested stat and still cant stop teams from transition.

42 points that is a huge loss it our biggest loss for the year we were ******* terrible

The Essendon fans at the game, their heart really wasn’t in it booing big Joey D.

By the time he kicked his 6th you couldn’t hear a peep.

Sad!
Don’t agree with the booing but I wouldn’t get too over excited kicking six against injury ravaged defence.

Don’t agree with the booing but I wouldn’t get too over excited kicking six against injury ravaged defence.

I consulted the oracle and apparently Joe would have kicked 8 on a fit Ridley. You're very lucky.

A better style? Over 50 inside 50's the last two weeks.

Brisbane had like 31 inside 50s in the first half that was putrid

Smashed in the contested stat and still cant stop teams from transition.

42 points that is a huge loss it our biggest loss for the year we were ******* terrible
Many of those inside 50’s were the result of our mistakes.
Not sure how Brad is responsible for us not being able to take a mark or us missing 2m handballs by 1m or blindly bombing the ball inside 50.
Yes it was a bad loss but with the side we sent up there I was expecting far worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the replay - Neale makes the hard look easy, superstar player and all class in himself.

Hipwood showing a bit of aggro, I like it!

Ashcroft, Dunkley, McCluggage and McInerney :hearteyes:

Prefer Gunston away from the goals.

The backline are looking solid, Lester won't make headlines but he's a good, reliable team player.

Overall still a few guys in the team playing below par, gonna be a sight to see when they all click.

Have to be honest, I was a bit excited when Cam kicked that goal after the siren, got trigger happy and turned the TV off :embarrassedv1:

Back