Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is ps4 stuck on the garbage patch they had roll back on steam?
Nope, the patch that broke the game was the one after the tactics so consoles never got that patch and havenā€™t had a patch since.

Next console patch isnā€™t likely until next week now.

Nope, the patch that broke the game was the one after the tactics so consoles never got that patch and havenā€™t had a patch since.

Oh okay sweet thatā€™s good then. I was considering putting it down after one game thinking a crash is imminent but will continue to hack away

Played one more game, started an sanfl season was playing a heaps close game, the ball went out of bounds and the game crashed. How are we still having these issues with all the stability patches.

Anyone on steam with the most updated patch still having crash issues?

Where did you hear that itā€™s not likely until next week ?
The current PS5 version of the game is horrendous. Canā€™t make the simplest of handballs sometimes. Surely itā€™s not hard for them to submit steams latest patch to Sony by tonight so that we get it tomorrow morning

Where did you hear that itā€™s not likely until next week ?
Ross said it last night on stream. Said that the current PS5 build is on par with Steam but without tactics and more testing was required before they could release it and he didn't anticipate that being this week.

Iā€™m saying the gameplay pre launch looked better than what we go on the day the game launched. Everyone can agree to that.

Are you sure the game hasnā€™t reached the level of the so called ā€œgodā€ version? And are you sure that it hasnā€™t actually already surpassed what was there pre launch? You never played the game pre launchā€¦ I get the game still has bugs and isnā€™t perfect, but cmon be honest you canā€™t tell me that both of those havenā€™t happened yet. You can tell me the game isnā€™t better now that what it was prior to launch. If you think the game isnā€™t up to ā€œyour standardā€ fine thatā€™s your belief, but donā€™t be disingenuous and say the game hasnā€™t improved or that the game isnā€™t any better than when it launched. Thatā€™s my argument here.

Also I donā€™t work for big ant and neither does anyone on here so I/we donā€™t know what happened with the upload for the launch of the game, so ainā€™t prepared to talk crap about Big Ant over it. Frankly I donā€™t care about it, It is what it is and I ainā€™t about spitballing conspiracies for something that happened in the past and canā€™t be changed.
Huh wtf are you on about.

You said before the game was better pre launch , but now you're saying that it's better than the pre launch version now when your original point was that the pre launch was better ?

You're so blinded by your devotion to BA that you can't even think straight anymore.

Ross said it last night on stream. Said that the current PS5 build is on par with Steam but without tactics and more testing was required before they could release it and he didn't anticipate that being this week.
On par with steam ? Despite Michaels saying that Mondays steam patch has made it the best itā€™s been and Saturdays patch on PS5 broke handballing ?
sigh

Edit: Steam has had 3-4 patches since PS5ā€™s last patch on Saturday. These patches are pretty obviously not all just about tactics. Clearly Steams gameplay is ahead of PSā€™s atm
Surely he doesnā€™t actually believe theyā€™re on par šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Might want to put out an update @BigAntStudios as one didnā€™t go up yesterday as planned and PS users want to know whatā€™s happening. Outside of this thread, no one has any idea.
Very odd way of communicating eh? Posting randomly in late night streams or on here, meanwhile neglecting the rest of the player base who may follow their social medias waiting for updates that never arrive.

Instead, let's rely on random people on the internet to repost what they saw Ross say somewhere else to get the info out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very odd way of communicating eh? Posting randomly in late night streams or on here, meanwhile neglecting the rest of the player base who may follow their social medias waiting for updates that never arrive.

Instead, let's rely on random people on the internet to repost what they saw Ross say somewhere else to get the info out there.

The analytics say that people are thrilled :p

I have to relay information to people at my work that have the game but no clue outside of the twitter announcements.

Huh wtf are you on about.

You said before the game was better pre launch , but now you're saying that it's better than the pre launch version now when your original point was that the pre launch was better ?

You're so blinded by your devotion to BA that you can't even think straight anymore.
Lol what? I donā€™t have a devotion to big ant, mate Iā€™m happy to call a spade a spade, so try harder. Your so blinded by your love or fascination with being soo critical of the game and big ant that you canā€™t see reasonable explanations or common sense and everything else is just BS and lies and you wonā€™t ever move from that narrative no matter the facts or what anyone else says.

Itā€™s not a devotion, itā€™s me taking into consideration the facts (holistically) that have been put forward too us by big ant themselves. Unless I was there during development of the game and unless I got to play the game prior to launch or knew what happened at launch I refuse to talk crap about it or believe things about the game that I have no fact or proof of. Sorry for choosing take the developers word for it. Again itā€™s not devotion itā€™s just looking at the situation holistically. You want to belive your narrative thatā€™s your choice. Iā€™m just choosing not too.

Ps: this is what I said

ā€œI find it funny that people (who arenā€™t the developers or work at big ant), without actual proof choose to believe Big Ant was lying to us the whole time with regards to the whole launch situation, specially when those like michaels, twistie3 and Caden McDonald who played the game pre launch said what they played was way way better and definitely more complete than what we got at launch.ā€

I was saying the game was better pre launch, than what we got at launch. So prior to the game launching (pre launch) it was fine, then something happened and stuffed up the game at launch. Thatā€™s all.

Last edited:

Seems like itā€™ll never change. Guess we shouldnā€™t really expect anything more tbh

I only ever play the game after a patch to see whatā€™s fixed (or broken) as the game makes me want to throw my PS5 out the window. Guess Iā€™ll have to wait until Tuesday now

Played a few games last night on PS4. Not ā€œbrokenā€ per se, but what a shame they decided to make every inside 50 a tackling slip fest again and got rid of the HBflanker overlapping the winger for the quick handball which was one of the more realistic things this game achieved.

Hilarious to release a patch three weeks after release that affects gameplay negatively. Even funnier to promise an update, not even a new patch, the following day, and then not deliver it.

Finally got my Downtown achievement with this bomb from Karl Amon after 45 hours of play time (don't judge my shaky fingers when I was trying to focus the camera during the shot haha)

View attachment 1707770
Amateur. I got mine on about day 5 with a Harry Sheezel drop punt from 90 that sailed through above post height into the second tier

Lol what? I donā€™t have a devotion to big ant, mate Iā€™m happy to call a spade a spade, so try harder. Your so blinded by your love or fascination with being soo critical of the game and big ant that you canā€™t see reasonable explanations or common sense and everything else is just BS and lies and you wonā€™t ever move from that narrative no matter the facts or what anyone else says.

Itā€™s not a devotion, itā€™s me taking into consideration the facts (holistically) that have been put forward too us by big ant themselves. Unless I was there during development of the game and unless I got to play the game prior to launch or knew what happened at launch I refuse to talk crap about it or believe things about the game I have no fact or proof of. Sorry for choosing take the developers word for itSs Again itā€™s not devotion itā€™s just looking at the situation holistically. You want to belive your narrative thatā€™s your choice. Iā€™m just choosing not too.

Ps: this is what I said

ā€œI find it funny that people (who arenā€™t the developers or work at big ant), without actual proof choose to believe Big Ant was lying to us the whole time with regards to the whole launch situation, specially when those like michaels, twistie3 and Caden McDonald who played the game pre launch said what they played was way way better and definitely more complete than what we got at launch.ā€

I was saying the game was better pre launch, than what we got at launch. So prior to the game launching (pre launch) it was fine, then something happened and stuffed up the game at launch. Thatā€™s all.
Exactly you said the game was better pre launch , then in your next comment you said that it was better than the pre launch lol

"And are you sure that it hasnā€™t actually already surpassed what was there pre launch? You never played the game pre launchā€¦ I get the game still has bugs and isnā€™t perfect, but cmon be honest you canā€™t tell me that both of those havenā€™t happened yet. " Your words not mine. Maybe phrase your words better as you're all over the place. You wanna defend them so bad that you're not making much sense and contradicting yourself.

And no , I was actually looking forward to the game. But then all this bs happened and I'm just calling this game for what it is. Total s**t.

As season mode was crashing for me I started an AFLW manager career. Some of you may remember I played the aflw league a bit at the start as the gameplay felt way better and no crashes. Safe to say I think itā€™s still the same womenā€™s league is really smooth and enjoyable. This game alone Iā€™ve managed to ping the AI 5 times for holding the ball (Theyā€™ve also got me the same amount but at least Iā€™m getting paid them as well).

Iā€™m playing around with tactics to see what works best, just had a passage which felt like an actual afl game. AI marked at my 50 and rebounded quickly through the guts. I cut off that pass and rebounded with a defender taking a running mark who Cont to play on down the wing, now with no one near me an Ai player came through the middle to cut me off, I hand balled over her to one of my players, she ran to just before50, she hand balled it off to another player and ran towards goal, in the square I had a player loose who I hand balled over the top of another defender and kicked an easy goal!

Exactly you said the game was better pre launch , then in your next comment you said that it was better than the pre launch lol

"And are you sure that it hasnā€™t actually already surpassed what was there pre launch? You never played the game pre launchā€¦ I get the game still has bugs and isnā€™t perfect, but cmon be honest you canā€™t tell me that both of those havenā€™t happened yet. " Your words not mine. Maybe phrase your words better as you're all over the place. You wanna defend them so bad that you're not making much sense and contradicting yourself.

And no , I was actually looking forward to the game. But then all this bs happened and I'm just calling this game for what it is. Total s**t.
Ok let me explain this. I said the game was better pre launch than the we got at launch. In that instance Iā€™m specifically talking pre launch and then launch (Day 1). Thatā€™s part 1
The other part to that and what I said after (Better than pre launch) is me saying that the game now is better than what it was pre launch. So In this second instance Iā€™m comparing pre launch to now..
Thats what I have been saying the whole time.. Does that make sense?.

As season mode was crashing for me I started an AFLW manager career. Some of you may remember I played the aflw league a bit at the start as the gameplay felt way better and no crashes. Safe to say I think itā€™s still the same womenā€™s league is really smooth and enjoyable. This game alone Iā€™ve managed to ping the AI 5 times for holding the ball (Theyā€™ve also got me the same amount but at least Iā€™m getting paid them as well).

I wasn't joking when I said that this was an AFLW game by stealth and the AFL was the bonus content! :p

Surely he doesnā€™t actually believe theyā€™re on par
I thought I may have been wrong but I went back to clarify and these are his exact words:

RossAtBigAnt:We have the PS in for more testing - may not make the weekend, but the build that is out there is close to this one (Steam) without tactics.

On that, I saw plenty of things in the Steam build last night that needs attention.....still.

• Kick passes going 50m in opposite direction;
  • Handballs are still buggy 25% of the time;
  • I think I saw maybe 30 tackles that should have been incorrect disposals but were play on;
  • the rest of the tackles the player somehow managed to miraculously kick or handball a pass to a team mate;
  • Players still getting up from tackles.

Last edited:
Haven't purchased the game as the reviews/litany of errors listed on here on a daily basis point to a game that is full of bugs and I would get precisely zero enjoyment out of it. It seems on a daily basis new things are being found and fixed and for the little time a week I get to play video games I want something that works/runs as intended.

I do question whether the Ultimate Team clone (the money spinner) should proceed when the $100 game is still encountering new issues on a daily basis. The daily patches is good but should be expected considering the state of the game on release. In my opinion if the Ultimate Team still proceeds perhaps packs should be free/achievement based instead of microtransactions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back