Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
If the green light is given to live stream it, everyone will be able to watch the game play live on twitch as it happens.

post the stream, if all ok, I could then upload it to youtube and make various tiktoks as well.

so there would be multiple ways you could see it.
Perfect! I doubt I'll be able to watch it live but YouTube sounds great. Thanks!

Pretty sure he was calling you a child mate.

Fortunately we have a G rating, still a course language rider, even though "Bullocks" has now been removed from the commentary to keep the censors happy!

My goodness are you extracting the urine or was that a genuine issue? 😂

Incredible if so.
They thought Huddo saying "Bullocking" was "Bollocking" and gave it the "Coarse Language" rider.

Edit: They won't change it and also leaked the Classification... not happy!

Last edited:
They thought Huddo saying "Bullocking" was "Bollocking" and gave it the "Coarse Language" rider.

Edit: They won't change it and also leaked the Classification... not happy!
Do you think the 'coarse language' warning could impact sales? Or was the AFL expecting a 'G' product?

Seems ludicrous to me that they wouldn't admit that its 'bullocking' given the obvious context.

Do you think the 'coarse language' warning could impact sales? Or was the AFL expecting a 'G' product?

Seems ludicrous to me that they wouldn't admit that its 'bullocking' given the obvious context.
It's still G with a rider.

Did we have Huddo confirmed as a commentator before or is that just a slip up??
All the commentators have been confirmed. I actually forgot who they all were but Kellie Underwood was one so if orange team isn't in the game I will be disappointed.

edit:
  • Commentary featuring Anthony Hudson, Hamish McLachlan, Daisy Pearce, Daniel Harford, Kelli Underwood and Jason Bennett.

Looking like a pretty awesome release week for me at least. Super Mario movie Easter weekend, New Bluey episode on Easter Sunday, then the new Aunty Donna show starts April 12, and the game on April 13. Wackadoo.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m actually quite disappointed that Ambrose Burnside and Churphy didn’t get invited to this big launch to settle their beef. Would have been epic to watch as the first gameplay ever shown !

homer simpson GIF

"Stop that, Mr Churphy"

Oh yeah I get that, but in the context of what I said, that someone liking footy doesn't necessarily mean they will create a good footy game, seems bizarre.

I think he misinterpreted my comment. I fully agree that if you enjoy your work it makes doing your job easier. My point and that point seem uncontroversial to me, but here we are 🤷‍♂️

How would you know if you dont have a job? 😉🤣
I’m actually quite disappointed that Ambrose Burnside and Churphy didn’t get invited to this big launch to settle their beef. Would have been epic to watch as the first gameplay ever shown !

Ok now this has to happen!! JNT BA whats the odds of setting up a pre-reveal showdown with these 2?! 🤣

Will you respond to my posts though BigAntStudios and JNT BA, everyone is still waiting for their entry into next weeks launch party for the new game 😥
"There will be media and regulars from here in attendance - I'm sure they will report back on all you want to know."
While some people from the community, who may also have their own platforms, will be there it is a very select few and nowhere near everyone.
PS: I'm still working on some at-retail live play sessions - more on that will follow soon.
As Ross mentioned we are still working on the plans for play sessions that will be open to the public, much like the AFL set shot demo was at the grand final. Of course, we still have no update for times for this as the logistics behind these events are very complicated for everyone involved and must be planned very carefully.
Chat GPT predicting major glitches 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Hey BigAntStudios and JNT BA have you guys had to squash many glitches, or has this been a smooth run through by developers standards?

How much to the setbacks of glitches play a role in the development of a game with a fixed time frame?
With any software development, there are also bugs and errors. You work through them as they come up and check and recheck to make sure they are patched or resolved as best as possible. In terms of running smoothly, I will talk about my personal experience which is this is running very smoothly compared to many other projects I've worked on in the past from other developers.

One game I was working on a number of years ago, again when I was not with Big Ant, was coming along and getting ready for a January launch, the game went gold I finished up my part in late December I got access to the release candidate and it had a complete overhaul in 3 weeks that, in my opinion, lessened the quality of the game overall and I was honestly shocked at what came out and what direction they went in as well as the issues that came with that launch, I shot an email out to see what had happened and the response I got was "we are going in another direction", paraphrasing of course. A sudden change in direction can have a massive impact on any game. I still enjoyed the game, but nowhere near as much as I did previously.

We have always had the same vision of AFL which is to make the best game possible and we have an amazing team of people many of them are super passionate about not just AFL but many sports.

Coach/management career mode confirmed as per the EB store game listing:

• Build your favourite AFL or AFLW club into a footballing powerhouse in the Management Career mode, overseeing drafting and player development, you’ll be in full control of your team’s path to the silverware.
But player career mode has not been confirmed. Apparently not all game modes have been announced yet, so we're all slowly going mad waiting for the big reveal next week to see if there are indeed more modes. I'm hoping for player career mode more than anything.
sweet aslong as there is a continuous management career mode im pretty happy, id love a good player career mode but i really just did not like the evo career modes

one other thing i hope thats added into the game is proper career stats like afl 2005 had

Mucking about in Cricket22 today. Not perfect but so keen to get stuck into all the creation tools in an AFL Game!

View attachment 1629840
Looking good. Hopefully an academy demo gets made available, especially if state leagues are unlicensed. Would be good to get a few teams ready before the game launches. The cricket community has always been great working together on fixing unlicensed players, building stadiums and a few really talented indivudals were always able to knock out quite a few team logos and kits prior to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back