Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
I’d like to know the reasoning behind having Preuss a better contested mark than Hawkins, and Jones leading for speed while Saad and Markov miss out on the top 5 all together.

Thought Jack Petruccelle would be up there for speed but they haven't listed the actual values so there might be like 1 point separating these guys.

Last edited:

It's an old EA trick to hype up and release in-game player ratings before the game, to help stir up debate and discussion before release, good marketing move.
very effective and i'm all for it. and i think highlighting the individual attribute ratings rather than the overall ratings is far more interesting in terms of discussion.

I could be wrong, I always make sure the Eagles wear the royal blue with gold wings regardless if we're playing home or away or which round it is :D
Aka Collingwood mode.

I definitely have a tendency too to pick my guernsey, usually home, and adjust the other team around that.

Strange how the AFL went over BA’s heads to post stat leader reveals after we were told nothing was coming out until the 22nd. At least proves the AFL are willing to spend 15 minutes marketing it once a week.
It's not really content though. Just a bit of an entree for the big reveal since they're hyping up "who will be the highest overall". Half a chance whoever it is will be in attendance, maybe even the cover star.

It's an old EA trick to hype up and release in-game player ratings before the game, to help stir up debate and discussion before release, good marketing move.
It's no "post a face scan every week for 18 weeks" but it'll do.

They said stats were based on champion data. I'm sure the other players people are talking about have high stats for what they're good at also, just not top 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if there’ll be a badge system in game similar to 2K or even way back in AFL 06/07 when they had player traits like ‘engine’ ‘brownlow’ or ‘specky’ 🤔 or if its going to be strictly player attributes and tendencies/sliders…?

Really hope that different teams play differently like they do in real life. Like a Ross Lyon coached team will be very different to a Craig McRae coached team.

No AFL game has gotten this right. Would be tough to pull off to be fair but it's something I've always wanted to see.

A very close mate of mine works at CD. He tells me that there's an entire database full of stats and zones and everything inbetween that never sees the public eye. sort of your pandora's box of footy boffin-ery, i'm sure would've been used to calculate this stuff accurately.

A very close mate of mine works at CD. He tells me that there's an entire database full of stats and zones and everything inbetween that never sees the public eye. sort of your pandora's box of footy boffin-ery, i'm sure would've been used to calculate this stuff accurately.
That doesn’t explain why Lachie Jones is deemed the fastest player in the AFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back