Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Has 13th April been confirmed for the PC launch as well? Saw this and wondered:

Steam Sports Fest celebrates the wide world of sports—everything from world-class football franchises to innovative fictional sports and a lot more in between—with discounts and demos on current and upcoming sports games of all kinds.

This event runs May 15 at 10:00 AM PDT (UTC-7) to May 22 at 10:00 AM PDT (UTC-7) and will include discounting, as well as sections for unreleased games and games with demos.

With any software development, there are also bugs and errors. You work through them as they come up and check and recheck to make sure they are patched or resolved as best as possible.
what are some of the glitches you have found in testing and corrected so far?

reckon we are a chance to see some gameplay photos tonight to celebrate the season starting?

Would be cool if they showed the pregame cinematic to Carlton Richmond and when they ball up the videos stops.. or atleast team photos of the line ups for the round

Would be cool if they showed the pregame cinematic to Carlton Richmond and when they ball up the videos stops.. or atleast team photos of the line ups for the round
Or they simulate the game and post the summary scorecard 🙂

Live Stream Here:

=======================

Great news to report!

I will be live streaming on twitch at the AFL23 Launch event next Wednesday night!

note: It will be a live stream from my phone, filming the gameplay etc on the screen I'm playing on. It wont be a direct stream from console / pc of the game like you would typically see on twitch as we are playing on Dev Kits.

But it is going to be pretty bloody close and a great chance for you all to watch the game in real time.

I don't know the exact rundown for the night in terms of how much time is allocated to playing vs other formalities so I don't know how much notice I'd be able to give on when I'm about to go live.

If you are wanting to tune in live the best way would be to follow me on twitch via link below so you will get an alert when I go live. I'll do my best to chuck up a post and a tik tok as well as a reminder but you may not see those until after I have started and miss something you wanted to see.

-Anyone watching live will be able to send through comments / questions during the stream
-I'll do my best to go through all the teams, features, menus etc
-Do some proper game play as well of course
-Will try and speak to some BigAnt staff and ask a few Q's
-Plenty of AFL players will be there too playing, might try get some of their thoughts too if able to!

I will do my best to show off as much of the game as possible and anything else will be a bonus!

Massive thanks to BigAntStudios for giving me the green light to do this, I really appreciate it and I'm sure the rest of the community will as well!

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone think we are a chance of getting some content tonight?

There will not be any content tonight - everything is being set for 22 March.

This is the first time the AFL have invested in a launch event for a video game.

There will not be any content tonight - everything is being set for 22 March.

This is the first time the AFL have invested in a launch event for a video game.
That makes the most logical sense to promote it "during" the season. Unreal people were mad you weren't doing it during the off-season, when most fans aren't paying attention to footy.

That makes the most logical sense to promote it "during" the season. Unreal people were mad you weren't doing it during the off-season, when most fans aren't paying attention to footy.
True, and the AFL aren't going to go all out on promoting it tonight when they are trying to promote the actual Games this weekend. Makes much more sense to try and keep the momentum going with it launching next week.

I've watched Twitch a few times but never streamed anything myself, I've noticed some streams you can go back and watch at your leisure. I assume that's a setting that the uploader can set? Hopefully the AFL and BA allow him to do that.

Gonna need a video game recreation of Blake Acres fumbling that mark thanks

Since there's nothing on topic to talk about, going back to the discussion of "Surely the AFL cares about their licensed products".

My wife went shopping yesterday, saw a retro Crows mug and socks set and bought it for me because she knows that logo is the goat. This is the set.

ADLC364.jpg

Any logo nerds spot the issue? Hint: Our hoops do not swap order halfway down.

Further research shows there's a large range of this retro stuff available at the moment, all officially licensed and on official AFL and AFC stores. Hats, shirts, hoodies, keyrings, all the with the stripes wrong. And this isn't even an oversight. Even if a lazy work experience kid was in charge, they'd just google our old logo. Someone has taken the effort to painstakingly recreate our logo in illustrator or whatever, and botched a fairly important part. Again, this is official merchandise with the AFL logo on it. That's how much they care about their IP.

This is not a shot at WW or BA or any AFL games, it's a shot at how the AFL doesn't give a s**t about the quality of their licensed products beyond how many dollars said item will bring in.

Since there's nothing on topic to talk about, going back to the discussion of "Surely the AFL cares about their licensed products".

My wife went shopping yesterday, saw a retro Crows mug and socks set and bought it for me because she knows that logo is the goat. This is the set.

ADLC364.jpg

Any logo nerds spot the issue? Hint: Our hoops do not swap order halfway down.

Further research shows there's a large range of this retro stuff available at the moment, all officially licensed and on official AFL and AFC stores. Hats, shirts, hoodies, keyrings, all the with the stripes wrong. And this isn't even an oversight. Even if a lazy work experience kid was in charge, they'd just google our old logo. Someone has taken the effort to painstakingly recreate our logo in illustrator or whatever, and botched a fairly important part. Again, this is official merchandise with the AFL logo on it. That's how much they care about their IP.

This is not a shot at WW or BA or any AFL games, it's a shot at how the AFL doesn't give a s**t about the quality of their licensed products beyond how many dollars said item will bring in.
Was just about to pick up this set, now that I know that the hoops are wrong I don't think I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back