Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
The AFL Mens competition did not have less time spent on it because of the AFLW, we scanned all of the men and all of the women... if we didn't scan the women then it's not like there were more men to scan.

In terms of play, there are less on the field, they inherently do not kick as far, which changes tactics for both field and goal kicking, along with the last touch rules, and throw-ins brought inside the boundary. The two comps will feel and play differently, as you would expect.
Do the aflw players have their own ratings scale? Eg a. Jasmine Garner isn't Dustin Martin, but she's one of the best in the comp. Will she be rated in the 90s like dusty?

Do the aflw players have their own ratings scale? Eg a. Jasmine Garner isn't Dustin Martin, but she's one of the best in the comp. Will she be rated in the 90s like dusty?
I really hate to give stuff away, indeed I'm not allowed to, but it is a BigFooty tradition from 10+ years ago for me to do so :)

They will have their own relative scale, like the AFL Men's it will be based on official Champion Data stats. So, a 90 for a man and a 90 for a woman will be relative their peers in that particular competition.

(The fact we use Champion Data is known of course, it's on the retailer pages.)

you’d hope so, otherwise the top womens would be in the 40s

I really hate to give stuff away, indeed I'm not allowed to, but it is a BigFooty tradition from 10+ years ago for me to do so :)

They will have their own relative scale, like the AFL Men's it will be based on official Champion Data stats. So, a 90 for a man and a 90 for a woman will be relative their peers in that particular competition.

(The fact we use Champion Data is known of course, it's on the retailer pages.)
What else can you give away😆

Hey Ross, you probably can't answer about this particular game, but is face scanning like the older FIFA titles something that could be possible in the future? I am awful at making myself in games and the players I make never look anything like me despite my best efforts, so something to assist this would be awesome! Even if it's not in the game, maybe a website that could help give you sliders or something?

What else can you give away😆
There's no doubt I'll have some stuff that will drop here on BigFooty first, just need to get caught in a moment of weakness :)

There's no doubt I'll have some stuff that will drop here on BigFooty first, just need to get caught in a moment of weakness :)
Now we just need to work out where your weak spots are.

When the winds begin to change… at sunset?

When the clock runs out and the Blues take the win, perhaps?

Hey Rossco, while you’re giving stuff away 😉

Will there be a Limited or Legendary Edition?

My siblings and I have all 4 consoles and want to pre-order, but will hold out if that’s the case.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is now a good moment? Feel like sharing whether or not the features list listed on the retailer sites is the legit full list? 😉🤞🏽
I definitely reckon there’ll be more announced.

Saw this on the AFL website the day they announced the release date.

Attachments

• 1F2B2553-2336-47BF-A8FD-8713A4D22023.jpeg
    1F2B2553-2336-47BF-A8FD-8713A4D22023.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 212
Is now a good moment? Feel like sharing whether or not the features list listed on the retailer sites is the legit full list? 😉🤞🏽

The list on the retailer sites is very far from complete.

curious about the stadium building feature.. could you give us anything on that. also, will gmhba stadium be shown as under construction or completed?

curious about the stadium building feature.. could you give us anything on that. also, will gmhba stadium be shown as under construction or completed?
Look up cricket 22 stadium creator, they've been implementing in that series since Don Bradman Cricket 2017 but that's the most recent iteration so it has the most stuff.

The real question is which broadcast package are we getting? Channel 7? Fox Footy? Or are we getting both because there's 3 commentators from each station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back