Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
So i guess once AFL23 is up and running, they could finish this Brisbane v Melbourne match virtually?

(Home team chooses which console)

Last edited:

serious question, what kind of hours have you sunk into 2k NBA games or FIFA games to come to that conclusion? I think you have gone pretty strong handed there.

Do they want to make extra money? Of course, it's a business. Are they twisting anyones arm and forcing them to spend just to be able to play or compete at a sufficient level? Absolutely not.
I see why big ant invited you to their event

Based on the AFLW grounds I'd assume these have all made it in:

• Unley Oval
  • Moreton Bay Central Sports Complex
  • Ikon Park (confirmed)
  • Victoria Park (confirmed)
  • Windy Hill
  • Fremantle Oval
  • Blacktown International Sportspark
  • Arden Street Oval
  • Alberton Oval
  • Punt Road Oval
  • RSEA Park
  • North Sydney Oval
  • Lathlain Park
  • Whitten Oval

This isn't including the ones already in previous games.
Add Casey fields to that.

Edit: unless that was in previous games.

I see why big ant invited you to their event
Not sure what you're implying here.

All I have done is give feedback based on my experience being in front of it and not just what was seen from the stream / uploads and my views on FUT and the like, pretty simple stuff I would have thought.

Are you suggesting 2K and FIFA strongly twist everyones arms that they MUST pay to get a better experience or to stand a chance of winning?

I think all AFLW grounds will definitely be in, they'd have to be.

Based on the AFLW grounds I'd assume these have all made it in:

• Unley Oval
  • Moreton Bay Central Sports Complex
  • Ikon Park (confirmed)
  • Victoria Park (confirmed)
  • Windy Hill
  • Fremantle Oval
  • Blacktown International Sportspark
  • Arden Street Oval
  • Alberton Oval
  • Punt Road Oval
  • RSEA Park
  • North Sydney Oval
  • Lathlain Park
  • Whitten Oval

This isn't including the ones already in previous games.

I assume North Port Oval, box hill city oval and Frankston oval, Would be cool if Hawthorn also had the future KCC AFLW ground but I assume that wont be in this addition....

Not sure what you're implying here.

All I have done is give feedback based on my experience being in front of it and not just what was seen from the stream / uploads and my views on FUT and the like, pretty simple stuff I would have thought.

Are you suggesting 2K and FIFA strongly twist everyones arms that they MUST pay to get a better experience or to stand a chance of winning?

I guess people are just surprised at how strongly you're defending a pretty dodgy and manipulate gameplay mechanic.

Do you also defend pokies and so forth? There's a growing field of research out there linking UT mechanics and problem gambling, which is why it's being legislated against around the world.

Gambling doesn't affect you, that's great. Won't affect me either. But it's a disease that affects many, many people and I'm disappointed it's going to feature in an AFL game. Seemingly anyway, still got my fingers crossed it'll be like Cricket 22.

I shouldn't be surprised though given the tight relationship between gambling and the actual sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they're potentially bringing retired legends to the game could we please one day see Waverley Park come to the game as a option?

Great video, got more out of that than anything to date. Does he post here? If he does, thank you very much!

Career mode sounds like everything I wanted. Pumped for that. Focus on improving AI too is very encouraging based on the AI we saw at the reveal.

I've said what I've said on Ultimate Team.

Only nitpick is Ross the Boss mentioned that animations won't change, and the ruck animations in particular looked really wonky in the gameplay footage from the reveal, so hopefully he meant they have changed since that demo build, but now that they're good they're locked in.
I find that contradictory from Ross, because I thought I heard they were getting more players to do some motion capture. And I would say it's definitely an incomplete game, when it really shouldn't be, because some essential gameplay mechanics missing are in their other sporting titles.

I guess people are just surprised at how strongly you're defending a pretty dodgy and manipulate gameplay mechanic.

Do you also defend pokies and so forth? There's a growing field of research out there linking UT mechanics and problem gambling, which is why it's being legislated against around the world.

Gambling doesn't affect you, that's great. Won't affect me either. But it's a disease that affects many, many people and I'm disappointed it's going to feature in an AFL game. Seemingly anyway, still got my fingers crossed it'll be like Cricket 22.

I shouldn't be surprised though given the tight relationship between gambling and the actual sport.
I'm defending it because what I saw there, in person, looked better than what footage going around shows.

And because some are showing a real lack of comprehension skills.

I 100% agree it would be awesome to get some proper footage though of 2 x competent players and I think that will put a few posters minds at ease.

I'm defending it because what I saw there, in person, looked better than what footage going around shows.

And because some are showing a real lack of comprehension skills.

I 100% agree it would be awesome to get some proper footage though of 2 x competent players and I think that will put a few posters minds at ease.

If we're talking comprehension skills, what you're saying here doesn't really follow what you've quoted ;)

It was your robust defence of gambling mechanics that confused people, not the rest of it. The rest was expected. Not a knock on you by any means, as much as an in-depth look at the good, the bad and the ugly would have been appreciated, it wasn't really possible given the format. We're all grateful you were able to take footage etc, because without that we'd literally have nothing three weeks from launch.

I just hope reviews are published by the likes of IGN etc before release. Massive red flag if they're not.

Last edited:
This guy is everything wrong with some people these days. Clearly he thinks he knows more than anyone else to actually bother todo his research. Maybe jumping on here first before going on his rant 🤣.. wait wait he must know better forum to get all his AFL23 stuff from. Such a lazy rant.. I reckon he is just alittle salty to the fact he didn’t get an invite to game launch (wonder why 🙄), but then ironically he said wouldn’t make the journey to Melbourne, Probs for the better.
Part 2 of his rant for anyone interested in watching :p

I get the gripe with Ultimate Team but honestly, I’m absolutely pumped for it because I was under the impression that it would NEVER happen in an AFL game due to the smaller market.
I’ve played the s**t out of FIFA UT and NBA 2K’s MyTeam and sure, I’ve 100% spent more than I’d like to admit on those modes but not to the point where I have a problem.
Obviously that might be different for other people and my condolences to those that have that problem. However I still think it’s a great way to grow the game (especially if the gameplay is good) and I know we all just want a great AFL gaming experience whether that’s in 3 weeks time or 3 years time due to people sticking around spending money on AFL23. Personally, I think it’s the right thing to do in terms of growing the game. Whether it’s ethically right or not is another topic.
I’m just desperate for a good game guys 🤣

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back