Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
Good point, there'd be current first year afl players who were 6 years old and had no idea about it
Not the user I was replying to, their account is as old as that game. Definitely a shame to miss out on the best, so you would get a better appreciation for the follow up.

Why didn't you ever play Live 1?
Quite simply, I just didn't play sports games back then. Still don't really, except for some car racing games and the aforementioned AFL Evo games, I've had pretty limited exposure.

The commercial after a goal is the home team's choice, almost always a sponsor that signs up for many years.

Almost all at-ground and on-air advertising is very, very long term across multiple seasons - completely understandable from a club/AFL budgeting POV, and from a network POV where billions has been spent on rights across many years.

There is irrefutable industry data indicating that the Cost Per Install (CPI) of advertising products before they are available is far greater than advertising post release, particularly with a small, targeted addressable market that does not compare to FIFA, NBA, NFL, etc.

Wasn't a knock on your company, more the AFL for not seizing the chance of drumming up more interest.

I still remember the Aussie Rules Footy ad...
As well as Dermies Tip Top commercials :p

BigAntStudios do you guys still have to keep to the AFL's content release guidelines or are you free to spill what you want about the game when you want. (Silently hoping its the second option)

If anyone has they’d have a non disclosure agreement to abide by until release or approval

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes I’m well aware of this
Was more just curious if they had their copies yet because I’d imagine that’s where we’ll eventually get our first proper look at the game

Weren’t the people that went to the launch event supposed to get the game early ?
Wonder if they’ve got it yet 👀
Negative.

I can only hit refresh on my emails so many times a day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the dee's, I wonder if Ben Browns long run up likeness will be in the game?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has been discussed, but we definitely don't want the game to open to potential online "griefing", would suck to have to put up with it.

Wasn't a knock on your company, more the AFL for not seizing the chance of drumming up more interest.

I still remember the Aussie Rules Footy ad...
As well as Dermies Tip Top commercials :p

Apologies for the implied tone, was trying to inform on the issues of short campaigns.

Just for the record, posts on BigFooty often show up in Google searches so assume that this thread at 338k views has been hit quite a bit while people are searching for info on this game. That means everyone's posting is on display. I get it, you guys are keen for info but the game isn't far off and if I were some of you I'd be thinking about the kind of posts I were publishing as some of it is pretty ridiculous. It's a video game board and Dan and I are pretty lenient on content but we're going to have to start tidying up the thread a bit as some of these posts as they're a bit embarassing for the site if they were to show up in a Google search.

Just for the record, posts on BigFooty often show up in Google searches so assume that this thread at 338k views has been hit quite a bit while people are searching for info on this game. That means everyone's posting is on display. I get it, you guys are keen for info but the game isn't far off and if I were some of you I'd be thinking about the kind of posts I were publishing as some of it is pretty ridiculous. It's a video game board and Dan and I are pretty lenient on content but we're going to have to start tidying up the thread a bit as some of these posts as they're a bit embarassing for the site if they were to show up in a Google search.
I think BigAntStudios should be the ones more concerned about this

Jesus, Ghandi and Internet moderators 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back