FTA-TV AFL 360 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

...um ok, so what were the children doing....paint a picture please, didn't see any of it.

They had that girl from the Super Round ad on. She started off just answering with 'yeah' and 'nah' answers like a stunned mullet, then remembered she's actually meant to be some kind of actor and then stumbled through some pre-rehearsed answers that were just face palm. Garry tried to engage in some bants to make her feel more relaxed but it whooshed straight past her. She has to be the daughter of some exec, because there's no chance she got the gig on talent.

None of it was cute nor a good endorsement for 'Super Round', it was just all round cringe and a waste of time.

They had that girl from the Super Round ad on. She started off just answering with 'yeah' and 'nah' answers like a stunned mullet, then remembered she's actually meant to be some kind of actor and then stumbled through some pre-rehearsed answers that were just face palm. Garry tried to engage in some bants to make her feel more relaxed but it whooshed straight past her. She has to be the daughter of some exec, because there's no chance she got the gig on talent.

None of it was cute nor a good endorsement for 'Super Round', it was just all round cringe and a waste of time.

I did see this and it was bad... but in fairness ... she did appear to be about 9 years old ...

How many pints in was Robbo tonight? My guess would be 10... Was all over the shop, even by Robbo standards

Seemed fine to me.

He started off his Tuesday love referring to last weeks "Dogs and Essendon" game.

Then he called Huddo Gerard and then him Robbo.

When if it would be a disaster if Melbourne missed finals, he replied
"not a disaster, a disaster is when 2000 people die on a ferry".

Huddo just looked exasperated.

I agree with 5ammy, he was all over the shop.

Last edited:
Like I said, seemed fine to me.
lol

it was nice when he wasn't on last week.
I still think Gerard and either NDS, Mike Sheehan or Eddie (or rotate them) as the second panelist.
I get nothing from Robbo.
At times Gerard will phrase an argument that makes me think differently about something.
Or get rid of On the couch and put the 2 Gerard's together. Whately and Healy talk footy in a way i enjoy.

He started off his Tuesday love referring to last weeks "Dogs and Essendon" game.

Then he called Huddo Gerard and then him Robbo.

When if it would be a disaster if Melbourne missed finals, he replied
"not a disaster, a disaster is when 2000 people die on a ferry".

Huddo just looked exasperated.

I agree with 5ammy, he was all over the shop.
bahahhaha, did he actually use that ferry line?
Oh Robbo.
praise TGO!

lol

it was nice when he wasn't on last week.
I still think Gerard and either NDS, Mike Sheehan or Eddie (or rotate them) as the second panelist.
I get nothing from Robbo.
At times Gerard will phrase an argument that makes me think differently about something.
Or get rid of On the couch and put the 2 Gerard's together. Whately and Healy talk footy in a way i enjoy.
Philistine.

Jack Riewoldt did a good job as host tonight

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Riewoldt did a good job as host tonight

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

He did do a good job. Love Jack - good value.

But it does also highlight the skill of a Gerard Whateley when you hear the average bloke on the street try to introduce the show. His tone and pace make the start have an impact. Zero disrespect to Jack but it was painfully obvious he was reading from the prompter with no pace or tone.

NOT A SLIGHT AGAINST JACK. He did as good as any of us could. Just a little appreciation moment for those in the media who dont just rock up and open their mouth, but know how to capture the moments.

He did do a good job. Love Jack - good value.

But it does also highlight the skill of a Gerard Whateley when you hear the average bloke on the street try to introduce the show. His tone and pace make the start have an impact. Zero disrespect to Jack but it was painfully obvious he was reading from the prompter with no pace or tone.

NOT A SLIGHT AGAINST JACK. He did as good as any of us could. Just a little appreciation moment for those in the media who dont just rock up and open their mouth, but know how to capture the moments.

I doubt that the prompter was filled with umm's & ahh's. He was as bad as Gerard Ahh Healy.

jack started off poorly reading from the prompt first up, but it got a lot better.
Tough job for someone with zero experience.
Lewis had the easier of the two gigs, but I think they both did a pretty good job.
When Higgins and Burgoyne came on, it really opened up and you tell the mututal respect they all had for each other.
It was a lot more comfortable.
I thought that Burgoyne and Higgins were much more comfortable talking to two current players than they would have been had Gerard and Slobbo been there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back