FTA-TV AFL 360 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Does anyone know what actually happened to Robbo? ... i feel like there is a legit chance he fell for a Nigerian Princess scam
Got sent a text message from his "bank" asking him for his username and password to check something.
He provided the information without doing any verification.

Long story short - phone number ported out and cut off (back now) . His bank balance is 40k lighter.
Expensive mistake!

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Got sent a text message from his "bank" asking him for his username and password to check something.

Long story short - phone number ported out and cut off (back now) . His bank balance is 40k lighter.
Expensive mistake!
Even worse he admitted he did it.
At least keep it a secret and play dumb with the bank. Then you get your money back

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood

Expensive mistake!

For the benefit of anyone else who may be stupid enough to fall for this, banks NEVER, I repeat NEVER send emails or text messages asking for information, and NEVER request confirmation of usernames and passwords.

If you have any doubt whatsoever, contact the bank yourself to find out what it's about. 100% guarantee they will confirm it's a scam. If Robbo really did that, he even dopier than I thought he was.

I guess in a way, it's good he's made this public to prevent others from doing the same.

workhorse

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
For the benefit of anyone else who may be stupid enough to fall for this, banks NEVER, I repeat NEVER send emails or text messages asking for information, and NEVER request confirmation of usernames and passwords.

If you have any doubt whatsoever, contact the bank yourself to find out what it's about. 100% guarantee they will confirm it's a scam. If Robbo really did that, he even dopier than I thought he was.

I guess in a way, it's good he's made this public to prevent others from doing the same.

My parents got scammed like this. It wasn't as simple as Robbo's was actually more of an unfortunate coincidence (dad had changed the password with the bank, only a few hours later mum got a text with a link asking her to confirm her Commbank login which was the scam, she clicked and they got into her phone and were able to access the account. Luckily commbank blocked the transfer so no damage done but scary nonetheless.)

While for us that are more tech savvy we see alarm bells straight away, but for those that don't grasp technology as well it's an easy mistake to make.

On 360, I was only watching in the background last night but did it get frosty at the end with Richardson and Scott in regards to priority picks?

May 24, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Not too frosty but a clear difference of opinion. Richo actually brought some emotion last night (relative to his usual personality).

I actually watched the coaches last night but I still think they should be booted. No guests needed on a Monday night!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tuned in to 360 this week, curious to see if AFL's version or Waldorf and Statler may say something about Hawthorn. 25 minutes into the show, not one word. The closest we got was Whatley's crying over how Geelong lost the game. They couldn't even bring themselves to mention the name of the team they lost to.

I switched off when they said they were going to speak with Chris Scott. Last thing I want to see is Whatley and Scott crying on each others' shoulders.

This show is a disgrace.
Hope you've been watching this week. It's been all Hawthorn this, Calrko that, Roughy this, Breust that, Gunston this and on and on and on. Lost track of how much I've had to fast forward through.

George Zip

Senior List
Jun 4, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Clarkson interview was odd timing. Monday night should be all discussion. Surely they could have done that later in the week or next week.
How about Clarkson's decision to wear short shorts for the interview. Obviously no one told the great man he wasn't going to be interviewed at the desk.

Strange situation.

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon

Absolutely but some people are just silly, I had a women ring my number and thinking she had called her bank left a message on the voice mail with all her banking details and her internet banking password.

4n20Blaze

Senior List
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
AFL360 Review

Its been so s**t and tired this year.

Sorry, but the amount of airtime St Kilda got by virtue of Richo being on the show was just ridiculous. And not from a place of 'gee I wish it was about Adelaide' - this year I would have rather heard less about Adelaide. It was just genuinely not interesting.

Monday - Get rid of the coaches or making it a rotation. The same ones are boring and stale. Richo is as dull as you get, will never offer an actual opinion. Chris Scott is at least marginally entertaining but he too offers little.

Tuesday - at least the players play for decent sides but still, I probably watched maybe 1 in 3 second halves of the show. Again, the players have become boring and too media-comfy to say anything real. Get rid entirely or rotate.

Wednesday - Bob is the worst person on this show. His series was boring and he is just too softly spoken and too sensitive to anything to be of any value. At least Nick has some presence about him. Nick can stay, get someone else in for Bob. Or maybe actually get in some current club captains?

Kingy and Maclure are good value. Id give them the whole second half an hour tbh.

Thursday - Derm and Dunstall are actually quite balanced and dont descend into bullshit too much (but obviously sometimes). Thats fine.

Id honestly ditch the guests altogether on a Monday and Tuesday- there is usually enough to dissect from thr weekend that guests are not needed.

I think there should be a 3rd panellist brought in who has some expertise with interstate clubs and their affairs.

I cant remember what it was about but Robbo said "if this was about a Victorian club we would spend half a show on it" there is a very aware bias and I think it could easily be fixed with some balance. Whateley is vic-centric and its his show.

If nothing changes Ill tune out completely next year.

The guests (Warnie the exception) are usually disappointing and Richo and Scotty are cold dishwater dull. The Nerdling tries to offer too much sense. The hour really should belong to the Chiko (Roll) Slobarian.

Next year ditch the coaches and Gerard (unless he recognises that he is there as the near silent Bud Abbott). Have Robbo front and centre supported by a rotating cast of the Hird, Thomas and McClure.

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
The guests (Warnie the exception) are usually disappointing and Richo and Scotty are cold dishwater dull. The Nerdling tries to offer too much sense. The hour really should belong to the Chiko (Roll) Slobarian.

Next year ditch the coaches and Gerard (unless he recognises that he is there as the near silent Bud Abbott). Have Robbo front and centre supported by a rotating cast of the Hird, Thomas and McClure.

What?!

Dec 18, 2007
Counting premiership cups
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Non that play Essendon
I would make a few structural changes

Monday - Drop the coaches from Monday night and in its place have Dunstall and Dermie co-host with Robbo and Gerard.

Tuesday - Keep the players but have them co-host the whole show with Robbo and Gerard.

Wednesday - Have King and McClure co-host with Robbo and Gerard.

Thursday - Show the teams and have short interviews with two or three different coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back