FTA-TV AFL 360 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the best things about this show when it started was the lack of special guests from 'club land'. Just going through the motions these days like most other shows with the saturation of guests.

Last nights episode was one of the best “coaches nights” in a long time. Scott and Richardson giving some insight into how Melbourne and Hawthorn went about it was very good, imo

Why do AFL360 have segments devoted to plugging the Storm? They do this fairly often.

If RL is a relevant topic for the show, then presumably the other competing teams (Roosters, Sharks, Rabbitohs) should also be given plugs.

Or if, more likely, RL is not a relevant topic for the show, the plugs should not occur. I'm hazarding a guess that Fox League does not give a plug to the Lions/Suns/Swans/Giants before their games.

Why do AFL360 have segments devoted to plugging the Storm? They do this fairly often.

If RL is a relevant topic for the show, then presumably the other competing teams (Roosters, Sharks, Rabbitohs) should also be given plugs.

Or if, more likely, RL is not a relevant topic for the show, the plugs should not occur. I'm hazarding a guess that Fox League does not give a plug to the Lions/Suns/Swans/Giants before their games.
Trying to get melbourne humans to pay money to watch nrl.

Trying to get melbourne humans to pay money to watch nrl.

:) Yeah, it's not a big deal. They do similar with the Melbourne basketball team and a couple of other semi-regular segments.

Can't help thinking that the Melbourne-centrism is not a great look if the aim is for AF to be a national game.

It also gives the impression that the show neither has any viewers in the rest of the country nor wants any.

To be clear, I enjoy the show and Fox Footy in general. Just a minor quibble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:) Yeah, it's not a big deal. They do similar with the Melbourne basketball team and a couple of other semi-regular segments.

Can't help thinking that the Melbourne-centrism is not a great look if the aim is for AF to be a national game.

It also gives the impression that the show neither has any viewers in the rest of the country nor wants any.

To be clear, I enjoy the show and Fox Footy in general. Just a minor quibble.

50% of clubs are Melbourne based (Geelong make it 55%). The next best state has 11%. Despite it being the AFL, without actually having a more even distribution of clubs geographically, or it not being based in such a large population location - it is always going to be centred in Melbourne.\

The primary aim is be commercially sound and profitable followed by entertaining, a national game is just a throwaway to justify the brand name.

I tire of the regular cross promotion of other Foxtel covered sports and other programs in general.

If people want Rugby League interviews there is a 24/7 channel devoted specifically to that sport, as well as the general Fox Sports news channel which covers Rugby League at least as much if not more than AFL.
Other sports such as soccer, motor racing and basketball are also well covered on other channels yet are regularly featured via guest interviews on AFL 360.

The real low point was a few weeks back was when they promoted a couple of flogs from Gogglebox being interviewed. I still can't believe that it is a real show, let alone being promoted on a footy channel. That one had me reaching for the off switch!

First world problems granted, but when the channel is 90% repeat content outside of live games, I would prefer they stick to AFL on their panel shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back