FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2019

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Tony Cochrane is an interesting cat.
Say what you like about him, but you have to admire his spirit, passion and tenacity. Thought he spoke really well tonight, brutally honest, no passing the buck, taking full responsibility, and will do whatever he can to make them succeed.
I'm not convinced they'll get there, but it won't be because of Tony.
I wasn't sure what to make of Tony before tonight, but I think he would have gained a few fans tonight.

Say what you like about him, but you have to admire his spirit, passion and tenacity. Thought he spoke really well tonight, brutally honest, no passing the buck, taking full responsibility, and will do whatever he can to make them succeed.
I'm not convinced they'll get there, but it won't be because of Tony.
I wasn't sure what to make of Tony before tonight, but I think he would have gained a few fans tonight.
I thought he was outstanding. Didn't shirk an issue and had a very well thought out answer for everything they threw at him.

This is what I don't get. You've got 9 games and the various issues they entail to dissect, why the **** do we need the coaches? I actually like listening to Chris Scott (Articulate, not afraid to speak his mind) but not on Mondays please.
Have Chris and Brad Scott on in neutral shirts...

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club
The idea of having the same guests every week has run its course. Those segments are unwatchable now.

Not being a fan of the any of the teams they cover, I only catch it a couple of times a month. Basically, if something happens during the day (like a coach sacking etc) I will watch the first ten minutes.

Squeaky

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2005
Up north
AFL Club
Essendon
The idea of having the same guests every week has run its course. Those segments are unwatchable now.

Not being a fan of the any of the teams they cover, I only catch it a couple of times a month. Basically, if something happens during the day (like a coach sacking etc) I will watch the first ten minutes.

Yep me too - watch for the news at the start but once the coaches & players come on I change the channel.
I do watch the other panellists though (Derm, Dunstall, Captains Run & Kingy)

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United

I often do the same, although it's weird that sometimes even when something big has happened, they still spend the first five minutes talking about their 'Monday hero' or whatever the hell it is, a horse race, a player having a baby, etc, then eventually get around to addressing the big story of the day.

Seems like Robbo hasn't changed his pre-game routine this year... couple of pints before the show

You don't mess with success. :rainbow:

Silver lining on them sticking with the same formula is that Hardwick is a massive upgrade on Richardson.

Gerard thanked him for coming on (no discussion of him "joining the family"), thinking that seat might be rotated throughout the year.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
You don't mess with success. :rainbow:

Gerard thanked him for coming on (no discussion of him "joining the family"), thinking that seat might be rotated throughout the year.
I hate it when they say that. Whateley should know as well as anyone that there should be boundaries between serious football media and players/clubs.

Desperate need of changing format. I’ve said it before but they need to try and get two different coaches each week.

Finally listened to me. Gérard said tonight they’d have different coaches most weeks, although Chris Scott was back

Back