FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I often do the same, although it's weird that sometimes even when something big has happened, they still spend the first five minutes talking about their 'Monday hero' or whatever the hell it is, a horse race, a player having a baby, etc, then eventually get around to addressing the big story of the day.

During last year it seemed like they stayed more to the script than earlier years, there were a couple of times when I would tune in expecting something to be discussed upfront yet they would take there time getting to it then focus more on whatever they wanted to talk about.

Interesting comparing the ratings this week compared to same post-Round 1 period last year (via TV Tonight).

Appears to be way down on last year on Mon-Wed, somewhere in the 15-20% range.

And it wasn't like there were drops across the board; On the Couch was up on last year's corresponding episode.

Slobbo just used an "anything can happen" analogy for the September 11 attacks and wait for it....James Hird being Essendon coach again.

Holy **** he's lost it.

It was a really strange analogy to follow up a pretty strange story.

I mean really, it is not even Round 3 yet. Is he seriously hard up enough for content that you have to go back to the "Hird wants to coach" well again? Nobody really cares anymore Robbo, and especially not after round 2. Justin Murphy played at Essendon......they lose this week I wonder if the lead story next week will be that he thinks he can comeback and Captain/Coach. :drunk:

Slobbo is next level. It's like he forgets he's on air and not at the bar with a stubby and a dart hanging out his mouth.

Way too much AFLW content this year so far has really ruined my enthusiasm for the show.

Why can't they make a separate AFLW program for people who are interested to watch?

I'm with you. I'm pleased they have an AFLW, and pleased it's doing well. However, it doesn't interest me. It would be nice to see if it can survive on its own.

Last edited:
Way too much AFLW content this year so far has really ruined my enthusiasm for the show.

Why can't they make a separate AFLW program for people who are interested to watch?

Yeah seriously, do a half hour show exclusively about AFLW if it's so popular. I don't watch W an I don't need to hear all about it in a show about the men.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruce was on SEN this morning with Whately, the way he was talking about Winx was seriously creepy

I couldn't listen but I can imagine them trying to outdo one another with their love of horses and then a mop and bucket being called for by Whateley's producer.

Slobbo on fire tonight, suggesting if people continue to boo ablett he will be forced to retire - he won’t, he’s a selfish entitled flog and will only retire when he can no long get paid. Also Slobbo saying he ‘hates it when media and his paper in particular call footballers “heros”’. How many articles have you written which would contain that reference and terminology?

Slobbo on fire tonight, suggesting if people continue to boo ablett he will be forced to retire - he won’t, he’s a selfish entitled flog and will only retire when he can no long get paid. Also Slobbo saying he ‘hates it when media and his paper in particular call footballers “heros”’. How many articles have you written which would contain that reference and terminology?
"Monday Hero"

The hypocrisy of Slobbo and Barrett (re Hodge) this week has reached epic heights.

It's a credit to both of them they can sit there with straight faces.

It's lost about a third of its audience from this year to last.
im usually a fan, but im finding it a bit dull this year.

Method is getting tired. the players/coaches/experts need a refresh.
And a change up with the segments. or do away with segments and devote blocks between the breaks to different teams/issues throughout the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back