FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo is a duffle coat wearing slob.
Going on about the Rampe thing and going on and on about i. Talking about doing what is 'right'. Trying to claim the Bombers were robbed of the game.
Despite the fact he was the chief apologist of the biggest cheats in AFL history.
One of the dumbest blokes going around.
Then we have Gerard who has his nose so far up gills arse he can see out his nose. Saying the furore would be 10 fold if the free kick was paid. So if a the free kick was rightly paid people would be pissed of more than now. Yeah ok

Tonight's rants were embarrassing. Slobbo banging on and on....and on and on about Rampe and the post thing.

Myers kick fell 15 metres short and climbing the post had zero effect. Regardless, Slobbo talking about it like it's bigger than Watergate and getting all huffy and extra raspy about it.

Then you have Gerard 'The Sun Shines Out Of Ablett's ****'.

Ablett could king hit a bloke and he (and Jon Anderson) would still say 'nothing to see here'.

Last edited:
Then we have Gerard who has his nose so far up gills arse he can see out his nose. Saying the furore would be 10 fold if the free kick was paid. So if a the free kick was rightly paid people would be pissed of more than now. Yeah ok

I agree it was a free and it would have given the Bombers an undeserved victory.

But Slobbo made out like it definitely cost the Bombers a deserved finals spot and it was part of an overall AFL conspiracy against the Bombers.

He was huffing and puffing like it was the biggest injustice since Lindy Chamberlain.

You shouldn't have current day players and tonight proves you shouldn't have current coaches.

Robbo is a buffoon but he was right about Ablett raising his elbow/forearm and hitting blokes in the head.
Of course Chris Scott is going to back his players to the hilt.

You shouldn't have current day players and tonight proves you shouldn't have current coaches.

Robbo is a buffoon but he was right about Ablett raising his elbow/forearm and hitting blokes in the head.

:thumbsdown: Chris Scott has been very good value on the show. For shows like Open Mike, for sure I agree there's not a whole lot of value in trying to get someone in the system to open up. But for a week-to-week show discussing the weekend, guys like Scott, Riewoldt, Lewis, Murphy can and have brought plenty of insight which I feel gets overlooked by people who can't see past the team colours.

:thumbsdown: Chris Scott has been very good value on the show. For shows like Open Mike, for sure I agree there's not a whole lot of value in trying to get someone in the system to open up. But for a week-to-week show discussing the weekend, guys like Scott, Riewoldt, Lewis, Murphy can and have brought plenty of insight which I feel gets overlooked by people who can't see past the team colours.
Chris Scott is articulate but he has a vested interest in Geelong as the other current coaches and players in their clubs.

Nick Reiwoldt and Murph are very good.
Jack Reiwoldt is a very likeable guy, Jordan less so.

But do you really think they will give an honest appraisal on their team or team mate
when asked a hard question?

Of course they wont.
They trot out the usual cliché's.

I agree it was a free and it would have given the Bombers an undeserved victory.

But Slobbo made out like it definitely cost the Bombers a deserved finals spot and it was part of an overall AFL conspiracy against the Bombers.

He was huffing and puffing like it was the biggest injustice since Lindy Chamberlain.
Everyone knows the only people that can moan about an AFL conspiracy are the posters on the Richmond board.

A) I think you misinterpreted what he said and b) you probably need to get out of the Bigfooty bubble if you think it wouldn't have caused a significantly bigger stir if that free kick had been paid.

GW didn't say people would be more pissed about the decision, he said the response and interest would've been ten-fold greater and it absolutely would have. Outside of a little bit of media and one big Bigfooty thread, it really hasn't gained that much traction; most non-Essendon supporters have brushed it off because regardless of the rule they don't think Essendon should've won and they don't think the incident actually affected anything.

If the game result was changed, rightly or wrongly, by something that wasn't even noticed on the broadcast until an hour after the game, the hoopla around the whole incident would be infinitely greater - I don't even know how you could argue against that, it's pretty much undeniable for anyone who doesn't go for Essendon.

FWIW, I think it should've been paid and I'm pretty sure GW thought it should've been too although he was more concerned with the precedent it set going forward rather than debating the call on the night.

they are still better than Bomber who would show up looking like something the cat had dragged in.

A) I think you misinterpreted what he said and b) you probably need to get out of the Bigfooty bubble if you think it wouldn't have caused a significantly bigger stir if that free kick had been paid.

GW didn't say people would be more pissed about the decision, he said the response and interest would've been ten-fold greater and it absolutely would have. Outside of a little bit of media and one big Bigfooty thread, it really hasn't gained that much traction; most non-Essendon supporters have brushed it off because regardless of the rule they don't think Essendon should've won and they don't think the incident actually affected anything.

If the game result was changed, rightly or wrongly, by something that wasn't even noticed on the broadcast until an hour after the game, the hoopla around the whole incident would be infinitely greater - I don't even know how you could argue against that, it's pretty much undeniable for anyone who doesn't go for Essendon.

FWIW, I think it should've been paid and I'm pretty sure GW thought it should've been too although he was more concerned with the precedent it set going forward rather than debating the call on the night.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I reckon if a free kick was given, which it should've been, and Essendon won the game.
After the initial outrage, people would've said "it's in the rules" and the correct decision was made.

I don't see how you think it didn't gain much traction.
It was pretty much the lead in to every footy show last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little bit of media and not gaining and traction? It’s been in the news all weekend and 2 days into the week. Are you living outside of the bigfooty bubble? .

Last edited:
Chris Scott is articulate but he has a vested interest in Geelong as the other current coaches and players in their clubs.

Nick Reiwoldt and Murph are very good.
Jack Reiwoldt is a very likeable guy, Jordan less so.

But do you really think they will give an honest appraisal on their team or team mate
when asked a hard question?

Of course they wont.
They trot out the usual cliché's.

Just because he has a vested interest it doesn't render him incapable of putting forward some good insight, which he does. There's certainly a role for current players in these type of shows and I feel it's one of the strengths of 360 in that they draw out things beyond the obvious.

That wasn’t his argument at all.

He wasn’t frustrated by the free kick not being paid, or the result of the game as a result of it not being paid. He was frustrated by the AFL’s predictable response in the aftermath in trying to justify the decision.

The goalpost was shaken. It’s a penalty. The wrong onfield decision was made and the AFL should’ve stated that. The amount of public outcry is irrelevant. The outcome of the game wouldn’t be reversed. Umpiring rrrors can happen. But to claim it wasn’t an error is farcical. That was the nature of Robbo’s complaint.

I agree, Scott continually misrepresenting what Robbo said was so obnoxious.

The two brothers cop a bit of heat for being smug tossers, to go along with the praise for being good public speakers. In this case the criticism was deserved.

The more I watch, the more Bob Murphy gets found out. He offers nothing.
Nick Riewoldt is a star, and the whole conversation and segment gravitates towards his knowledge and charisma. He contributes 80% of that segment, then Bob pipes up adding nothing. Tries to be funny and find "rascals", but it doesn't work anymore. Even Nick gets more laughs.
But Bob thinks he is some sort of preacher. And don't get me started on the SEN song every week...

Nick Riewoldt is a star, and the whole conversation and segment gravitates towards his knowledge and charisma. He contributes 80% of that segment, then Bob pipes up adding nothing. Tries to be funny and find "rascals", but it doesn't work anymore. Even Nick gets more laughs.
But Bob thinks he is some sort of preacher. And don't get me started on the SEN song every week...

Bob's inclusion on the show was probably Gerard's idea and you're spot on re Bob being found out.

Robbo is a duffle coat wearing slob.
Going on about the Rampe thing and going on and on about i. Talking about doing what is 'right'. Trying to claim the Bombers were robbed of the game.
Despite the fact he was the chief apologist of the biggest cheats in AFL history.
One of the dumbest blokes going around.

His Essendon bias comes out pretty regularly

My take on the whole goal post thing was that it made no difference to anything and the kick was completely unaffected so just move on. Crapping on about it for four days was more ridiculous than anything the AFL came out with

Spot in n.

Ever since Bob became a premiership player he now thinks he’s the great groovy guru (but without the comedic charm and appeal).

ps. Don’t give me he’s not a premiership player, he got the medal from Bevo and he believes.

I usually watch first 10-15 mins then change channel when coaches, players and Kingy and McLure come on.

Desperate need of changing format Audacity Find My iPhone Origin . I’ve said it before but they need to try and get two different coaches each week.

Also bring in a guest, maybe another journo, to discuss football further with Gerard and Robbo. Also rotating group of 6-8 players.
Luckily Fox comes with IQ, so i have it on series record and watch prolly between 10-12 minutes of the show a night and fast forward the utter rubbish - you know, Gerard preaching, Robinson mumbling incoherently, Gerard flogging **** AFL merch, crap promo ads etc etc etc.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back