FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2021

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Wtf are they on about, saying the game was too long at the end of 2019 like it was widely agreed by all
I reckon there's a bit of a fox footy agenda to shorten the game. Just about everyone on their shows last year spoke glowingly about 16min quarters, while in the general public almost no one wanted it to stay.

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
One of the disappointing things about footy returning is having to put up with the self indulgent, backward thinking Dermie.
His argument of Zac Williams suspension and malice was just a-grade stupidity.
You could see the other panelists look at him and wonder WTF are you talking out.

It's also impossible for him to go through a conversation without mentioning that back in his day we could whack someone and get away with it.

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
One of the disappointing things about footy returning is having to put up with the self indulgent, backward thinking Dermie.
His argument of Zac Williams suspension and malice was just a-grade stupidity.
You could see the other panelists look at him and wonder WTF are you talking out.

It's also impossible for him to go through a conversation without mentioning that back in his day we could whack someone and get away with it.

Always comes across as that old bugger who’s always trying to be the toughest bloke in the room & prove he’s the man or remind them how tough he was back in the day. When you’d just love someone to say “m8 we’re old men, old enough to be grandfathers just stop and enjoy your life without always trying to prove yourself”

I come across these fellas a bit at RSL’s or community clubs. Impossible to talk to without walking away or arguing with the silly old fools.

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Needs a shake up.

Has lost its edge in the past few years.

Hope they don't just go through the motions again.

Feb 1, 2004
Sweden
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Helsingborg Australian FC
Just last night or all the time?

I guess I never paid much attention to the show before...

But last night (episode 1) I thought to give it a chance and watch a full episode.

It was difficult to watch with Robbo slurring and getting over exited.

I decided to leave it on in the background and wait to hear if anything interesting came on.

I jolted in my seat every time Robbo raised his voice! It reminded me of sitting in a bar with a few friends having some quiet ones. And a drunk bloke sitting in the bar rambling on for everyone to hear, while occasionally raising his voice to get some irate looks.

But maybe this is the charm of the show? And with more watching it grows on you?

Dermie kept it interesting, if you agree with him or not.

Last edited:

HPKS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
I’ve always believed Robbo gets hosting duties with Gerard due to the HS advertising. He’s there to tell us all “in the herald sun tomorrow I’ve written a piece about....” happens every few shows.

Feb 23, 2008
This post
AFL Club
Richmond
I still enjoy 360, just feel the dialogue ratio needs to be weighted more heavily with Geraldo.

Too often the conversation feels slowed or bogged down, in order for Robbo to provide his 'everyman's opinion' on whatever topic being discussed. And of course the stumbling and muttering - is just a bit of a mess.

At present, the ratio feels like 30:70 (Whateley to Robbo), and has felt that way more the last few years.

Needs to be closer to 45:55 imo. Keen to see Gerald editorialise more. I know he's been fairly vocal on the night GF over the last week or so, but I'd rather the informed opinion than the empty discussion.

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I reckon there's a bit of a fox footy agenda to shorten the game. Just about everyone on their shows last year spoke glowingly about 16min quarters, while in the general public almost no one wanted it to stay.

This.

Who in the general public was calling for shortening of the game? The average footy fan loves the game so much that they want as much as possible. Not sure why so many in the media support it. Must be an ex-player thing.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This.

Who in the general public was calling for shortening of the game? The average footy fan loves the game so much that they want as much as possible. Not sure why so many in the media support it. Must be an ex-player thing.

Most ex players and the media don't actually love the game like the fans do. They just know its a well paid relatively easy job and most of them aren't capable of doing much else work wise so they ideally want to get paid the most amount for the least possible work in the shortest possible time.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Whateley is going full scale defence lawyer right now.

Throwing up "what if's" and "accidentals" and fishing for mitigation with Dunstall left, right & centre.

Forget Giblett Jnr, he's reached a new level of fanboy bias tonight.

He should just wear his jumper on the show and be done with it.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Just watched with Whateley and Dunstall instead of him and Robbo, and it's about 10000x better with Dunstall. Watching two people with some intelligence who can hold a considered conversation as opposed to Robbo stumbling words out like a drunk at 4am was really refreshing.

Back