FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt it.

Literally my only point is this:

MOST, not all, the people you see presenting sports programs on tv are trained from early on in their journalism career and studies, specifically to aim their skills at broadcast media.

just having a good knowledge of your field, knowing how to glean information from a subject, knowing how to put that information in a presentable WRITTEN bundle for public consumption, won’t automatically make someone cut out for live on camera presentation of that field.
Simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less.

just having a good knowledge of your field, knowing how to glean information from a subject, knowing how to put that information in a presentable WRITTEN bundle for public consumption, won’t automatically make someone cut out for live on camera presentation of that field. Simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less.
Again, we're not talking about Robinson's "presentation". We are talking about something far more basic than that i.e. his ability to express himself and organise his thoughts clearly and sequentially. These skills are by no means unique to broadcast journalism. He's all over the shop. He's disorganised by the standards of professional journalism, regardless of the medium.

And let's not forget that he's been working in TV for 10 years so that makes it even worse. Whatever allowances you'd like to make for him because "he's a print journalist" have surely reached their expiry date.

Last edited:
I think he is very unpopular in general, but you know he has played 300 games so that must mean he is a great bloke!

Well he got double falatio for a whole week when he played his 300th game from 360 and the general afl media..

Its been interesting that boak and hurn combined wouldn’t have gotten half the exposure for their 300th…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do we know what’s wrong with the fat campaigner yet? Heart threw a sh*t fit?

No news or even solid rumours - my guess given his known 'lifestyle' choices is heart attack.
It's funny how the AFL media are happy to create or promote rumours with coaches/players/club staff etc. regarding their personal lives, but when it's one of their own, they circle the wagons...!!!

Last edited:
The interesting thing about Robbo being out is you’re fully confronted with how completely insufferable Whateley is a person, host and wannabe analyst.

The Cats mascot as host would be a personality trade-up from Gerard, plus bring greater objectivity.

If they want to reboot this show without actually hiring (any?) talent to Fox for ‘22 just give me Kath L and Nick R.

Would just be less infuriating for the long suffering viewers.

The interesting thing about Robbo being out is you’re fully confronted with how completely insufferable Whateley is a person, host and wannabe analyst.

The Cats mascot as host would be a personality trade-up from Gerard, plus bring greater objectivity.
They never talk about the cats unless we lose on any footy show. I agree that he is insufferable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back