FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

As a BF poster, I am automatically qualified to give medical advice. My diagnosis is Tonsillitis or The Munchies.

iMcdR9.gif

Given the smoking addiction, the persistent cough..and the ‘soup’ rumour....I’d land at throat cancer.

Not sure on all the negativity on Whately. He’s the least of the problems on this show. Co compere is the problem. As are the boring present and past footballers on it. Dunstall is ok

Along similar lines you can tell in his mind he’s a QC preparing for an appearance before the High Court when discussing the MRP. God it shits me to tears.

While Robbo was/is the man with 'the Vibe'.

In some respects this unlikely pairing has enjoyed relative success given their opposing persona's.

The cricket equivalent would be Gideon Haigh co-hosting a show with Merv Hughes...

Dennis Denuto.jpg

While Robbo was/is the man with 'the Vibe'.

In some respects this unlikely pairing has enjoyed relative success given their opposing persona's.

The cricket equivalent would be Gideon Haigh co-hosting a show with Merv Hughes...

View attachment 1207259
Despite their different approaches, it was also clear they respected one another. Got cranky and took the piss out of one another on occasion, but each let the other work their angles on the issues at hand. Dunstall/Whateley is on that path but no other pairing has worked too well.

I don’t mind Whatley but gee I hated him during the saga bloke seemed like he had a vendetta to destroy Essendon
Really? I thought he was quite good, stating the facts and seemed to understand the issues far better than most journos, especially Robbo

The wednesday show is the best one by far. Not a fan of having the current coaches on for 20mins, the players even less so. Nowhere near candid enough to be worth it.

Would love it if Fox brought back their Thursday preview show, and did some more detailed discussion on tactics.

Yeah Wednesday night is the best show overall as it's more just general discussion and analysis rather than half the show being boring player and coach interviews like you get on Monday and Tuesday nights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Wednesday night is the best show overall as it's more just general discussion and analysis rather than half the show being boring player and coach interviews like you get on Monday and Tuesday nights.
Except for the fact King is on it

Nick Riewoldt is a remarkably polished broadcaster given he only retired in 2017. I can't recall a player who's come out of the game and been so media-ready.

Jon Brown is the only other contender but I reckon he's still ensemble rather than co-anchor.

If you know what to look for, you can still see where the coaching kicks in, but he is overall pretty natural.

Look at the exaggerated hand movements. That's pure media training. He's been told to be "animated" and that's his way into that.

Whateley, who is an overrated chin-stroker but technically a very skilled broadcaster, doesn't bother with that at all. He wants all your attention focused on whatever he's saying. That's a conscious decision. He sits there with a pen, which is a ridiculous prop, but he is otherwise almost totally still.

Riewoldt throws his hands around like he's hosting a cooking show on YouTube.

Last edited:
No need to have Simon Goodwin back, though. I've had dartboards with more to say.

Chris Fagan, by comparison, is a waffler but you can tell he's talking more or less off the cuff. Old boy doesn't listen to the media training.

Look at Jordan Lewis wearing glasses to look smarter. FMD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back