scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
Dane swan also said on radio after the game that he had his eye for the finals, therefore he wasn't chasing as hard or running as hard as he would usually in an important game. We played well but need to be realistic too. A good sign was magpies looked like they were going to run away with it in the third but we fought back hard.

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sounds like a coach in denial. He made hardly any moves to suggest that he was in fact taking the game easy (either before or during game), so it appears we beat them on merit and he has twisted the story to pretend it was all part of the plan.

In other words......being a tool, and he is quite good at it.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sounds like a coach in denial. He made hardly any moves to suggest that he was in fact taking the game easy (either before or after game), so it appears we beat them on merit and he has twisted the story to pretend it was all part of the plan.

In other words......being a tool, and he is quite good at it.
I can just picture zeibel watching that and just frothing at the mouth for 2014

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deano28

Club Legend
May 21, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
melbourne victory , aussie cricket
When the camera panned on him after the game the look on his face wasn't the look of someone who didn't care about winning or losing , looked like a bloke that knows his side is in trouble . The same guy who went on record before the game saying that they wouldn't be taking it easy , that they wanted to hit finals winning . But I'm glad he said this , I'm sure it will be relayed to the boys before we play them next year .

FIGJAM .... Never been more apt .

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
They weren't playing flat out. But they weren't not trying to win either. Probably slacked off in the last quarter once it came to a choice between working really hard to win or letting it slide. If it really didn't matter they could have rested players in the second half, starting with Reid. I expect Buckley would have been less concerned about the result than about being sliced open, conceding so many goals, and getting smacked at clearances. I said in the MB game thread tat it was crazy to hear supporters getting so fired up when the players weren't, really. Kind of graceless to say they weren't fussed after losing, although you'd have to hear the context.

Dane swan also said on radio after the game that he had his eye for the finals, therefore he wasn't chasing as hard or running as hard as he would usually in an important game. We played well but need to be realistic too. A good sign was magpies looked like they were going to run away with it in the third but we fought back hard.

Ok let's be realistic. No Swallow, no Thompson, no Grima and no Adams.

The umpires and some flukey goals kept them in it.

What sort of player doesn't chase as hard in a game because your focused on the next week? Once you cross the white line you don't think about that s**t. Bucks obviously cared about player conservation as he sent Reid back out after he had a decent stint of the bench with an injury worry. Why would you risk it?

Back