FTA-TV AFL 360 - Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

So Mike actually does barrack for Melbourne, he hides it really well I must say.

Man Mike really is a Hall of Fame All Time Great media man, it's much better with him on
Although maybe it would get boring again wit him on all the time

The show has been painfully boring for most of this year (and for parts of last year too), but was so much better last night with Huddo and Mike.

I particularly enjoyed Mike rejecting the sugarcoated media groupthink on Cotchin, and actually just saying straight out that the guy has had a poor season.

Is there any chance these two can permanently replace Whateley and Robbo, please?

The show has been painfully boring for most of this year (and for parts of last year too), but was so much better last night with Huddo and Mike.

I particularly enjoyed Mike rejecting the sugarcoated media groupthink on Cotchin, and actually just saying straight out that the guy has had a poor season.

Is there any chance these two can permanently replace Whateley and Robbo, please?

I could take either Huddo or Gerard but the difference in quality between Robbo and Mike is stark

Robbo sick.
Sure he was.Just happened to be the day after Essendon won.
I'm tipping massive hangover.

69564_9160bc80f564963eb35b93725b1ece49.jpg

Sure he was.Just happened to be the day after Essendon won.
I'm tipping massive hangover.

69564_9160bc80f564963eb35b93725b1ece49.jpg

How did this pic come about? Why would Robbo take a selfie closeup of his cold-sore and post it online?

Huddo just doesn't do it for me. So bland and dull, whereas I could listen to Gerard talk all night. His rapport with Robbo is much better too. Mike is obviously great but the show is Gerard and Robbo. If you want it to be something else then you just don't like what 360 is and I'd suggest watching Talking Footy instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huddo just doesn't do it for me. So bland and dull, whereas I could listen to Gerard talk all night. His rapport with Robbo is much better too. Mike is obviously great but the show is Gerard and Robbo. If you want it to be something else then you just don't like what 360 is and I'd suggest watching Talking Footy instead.

Swapping to TF would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face. A more off-putting panel I couldn't imagine.

Huddo is actually quite good on the superfooty podcast, you actually get to see his personality. I'm not a fan of him on tv either.

I used to like Gerard, but he has become increasingly grating (and sanctimonious) over the past couple of years. IMO, the show has become too heavily based around his own personal agendas, and therefore confined to a progressively more limited set of issues. Instead of what should be wide-ranging coverage of as many teams and issues during the week as possible (certainly infinitely wider than now).

This problem is compounded by his own fixation with certain players and teams (Murphy, Franklin, Dangerfield and the Bulldogs, Geelong and Sydney in particular) and what comes across as a dislike of other teams (Freo and Essendon probably being at the top of the list). Other than Sydney and, to a lesser extent, GWS, there's way too restricted a coverage of the non-Victorian clubs in this show overall as well. You're lucky to see more than a couple of minutes combined of coverage of Adelaide and Port most weeks, for example.

There's been some talk in some other posts here about having floating hosts and analysts. I'm not sure whether that would work, but the show certainly needs a different look and a freshen up of some kind. (Of course, one of the other big problems is that they now have so many talk/analysis shows and segments on Fox Footy that most of their personnel are already on multiple shows and broadcasts each week anyway!)

All of that said, there are probably some immediate improvements they can make, even without worrying who the compere and his sidekick are, that would make a big difference. One is to either abandon, or at least reduce, the painfully long segments with the same two coaches and same two players every week. Not being a supporter of Collingwood, Geelong, Hawthorn or Richmond, I find trying to watch even a few minutes of those parts of the show each week a real struggle. I normally now switch to something else altogether on some other station when those guys are on, and I'm sure I'd be far from the only one. (If they do feel they need to persist with this, then the idea of floating here might work e.g. have two different coaches and two different players in that section of the show each time.)

Last edited:
Personally I like Monday first half hour, Wednesday with Kingy and Sellers and I particularly find Tuesday's boring with the players

Mike, Dermott and Kingy have been great as new voices and opinions

Gerard I agree has become slightly priggish and overly sentimental about Dogs, Dangerfield etc

What the actual *? Why on earth did they bring Dyson on to talk about Hurley before his own segment? I mean honestly how lazy can the prodcers be that they can't fill an extra 10 minutes of content without an interview?

I don't mind Sheehan, even though by rights he gives Eagles supporters every justification to hate him. But when he questioned on Monday night why there wasn't as much fanfare over Jack Watts goal against GC in the last 4 minutes compared to Nic Nats on the weekend I nearly fell off the couch.

Even if you thought kicking a goal from a mark with 4 minutes to go in a dead rubber between two bottom 8 sides was as good as what NN did v GWS only a fool would actually voice that. He must really hate the Eagles

I don't mind Sheehan, even though by rights he gives Eagles supporters every justification to hate him. But when he questioned on Monday night why there wasn't as much fanfare over Jack Watts goal against GC in the last 4 minutes compared to Nic Nats on the weekend I nearly fell off the couch.

Even if you thought kicking a goal from a mark with 4 minutes to go in a dead rubber between two bottom 8 sides as opposed to what NN did v GWS only a fool would actually voice that. He must really hate the Eagles

Dead rubber? Watts kept us in finals contention! :p

Well I guess that's true. But it was seen as a dead rubber at the time. Plus he misses that you still had heaps of time to win.

NN was literally the last possible kick of the day

I know mate I'm joking. Jack Watts got plenty of credit for his performance that day anyway.

From the ~6 episodes I've seen, Huddo reveals just how scripted AFL 360's straight-man beats are. He has a clinical news-man teleprompter delivery whereas Gerard has a comfortable rhythm and delivery that feels natural. Robbo's stop/start staccato makes that more pronounced. So when it comes time to ask Huddo's opinion, it seems like he speaks until oxygen has run out in the room.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back