FTA-TV AFL 360 - Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

"Dane Swan is like something from a Jimmy Barnes or a Bruce Springsteen song."

Sorry, what?

What is the deal with this totally confected attempt to turn Swan into some kind of folk hero?

Eddie closes by fapping about his "magnetism".

Any time I've seen Swan on TV, he's been grunting, inarticulate and devoid of charisma or polish. Why would anyone give this guy a job in the media?

I don't get it at all.
I fear we will be seeing a lot more of him over the finals and beyond. Hopefully it will be short lived as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow he will f*** up big time with out his club looking after him anymore.

I fear we will be seeing a lot more of him over the finals and beyond. Hopefully it will be short lived as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow he will f*** up big time with out his club looking after him anymore.
Don't get me wrong. I don't wish him any ill.

I just find the whole cult of personality that has been built up around him completely baffling. Why are people banging on about him being 'one of the great characters of the game'? I don't get it at all. Even on here, you've got fanboys saying how they'd 'love to go for a beer with him'. Why? He seems dull as a doorknob.

I just find the whole cult of personality that has been built up around him completely baffling. Why are people banging on about him being 'one of the great characters of the game'? I don't get it at all. Even on here, you've got fanboys saying how they'd 'love to go for a beer with him'. Why? He seems dull as a doorknob.
Cause he has tatts, plays for Collingwood, somehow won a Brownlow and had Eddie to get him out of every wrong thing or situation he could get into. Is almost a big as bogan as Jake stringer and the footy show talked him up as being a professional comedian once for stating the obvious.

Cause he has tatts, plays for Collingwood, somehow won a Brownlow and had Eddie to get him out of every wrong thing or situation he could get into. Is almost a big as bogan as Jake stringer and the footy show talked him up as being a professional comedian once for stating the obvious.

I have no problem with you not liking the man, but saying he "somehow won a Brownlow" is ridiculous. He was a great player and his Brownlow win was thoroughly deserved.

I am now nervous. If any supporter group would know what happens to their players when the club is not looking after them and talk with some expertise it is the Saints. You must be and have been very disparaging of your own players over time.

He also 'somehow' became a premiership player - wonder who that was against.

Part of the problem with the afl media is its basically an incestuous boys club. And if you're not willing to suck up to it, you get crucified. And "swanny" was anointed by "ed" and got some media exposure.

But it was interesting. They fawned over swan on tuedsay, then wednesday, they mentioned pav and boomer retiring, saying in 5 years it would be difficult to split in hall of fame voting, completely neglecting swan.

Anyway, first tuesday we had dermie replace robbo, this week it was ed. Two of the most overexposed personalities. Keep them away from 360, please.

So Robbo's been sick for a whole 2 weeks now. Kingy joked about him being in Rio; Sellers quipped about him being on a health farm...

Where is he? Something seems up...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Robbo's been sick for a whole 2 weeks now. Kingy joked about him being in Rio; Sellers quipped about him being on a health farm...

Where is he? Something seems up...
He's still managing to write his weekly Essendon puff pieces for the Hun and doing his monday live chats

Robbo back and interrupting Dangerfield mid answer to Gerard's question. I miss Mike.

Did Jack Riewoldt get a couple during Saturdays game? Looks like he got into a fight at Mad Monday yesterday....

Bloody hell, Robbo can't even ask a question properly. Takes 30 seconds to spit a question out.#bringbackmike

It's actually amazing that a guy like Robbo has made it to where he is. He must lay in bed every night and just laugh at the fact that he gets paid to talk about footy across three different mediums. He's the chief footy journalist of the Herald Sun and he literally can't write ( I'm talking about his actual writing not his opinions) he would get Cs in High school English. He's on a footy program every night and he can't string a sentence together and he's quite clearly inebriated 75% of the time and he's on a sports radio program and he can't talk properly. It really is a miracle.

Yet how does a clean shirt like Gerard Whately who would no doubt pride himself on prep and performance put up with it? I know part of the shtick of the show is chalk and cheese but come on. I guess Robbo is also seen as a man of the people by fox too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back