FTA-TV AFL 360 - Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

They need to focus less on interviews with random guests and more time discussing the game.
This x 100000000000000000000. They had way too many interviews last year. I normally fast forward interviews anyway since most players are media trained and they don't give much of an insight.

The players' night with Riewoldt and Lewis doesn't offer much at all. The only time last year when I really listened was when Lewis was talking about Roughead just after they announced he had melenoma again. I don't think current players really add anything to the show and shouldn't be regular guests.

I think they can add another panel member this year to mix it up. Not sure who should be the 3rd member but most of the other sports shows I like have at least 3 panelists who all bounce off each other.

My favourite segment each week is when King and Maclure are on Wednesday. I like both of them and the dynamic of the show changes because Robbo doesn't go on huge rants and whilst I understand King can go overboard with theories at times, I do like listening to him analyse games/stats. I think King on AFL 360 as a regular and On the Couch is overkill though.

This x 100000000000000000000. They had way too many interviews last year. I normally fast forward interviews anyway since most players are media trained and they don't give much of an insight.

The players' night with Riewoldt and Lewis doesn't offer much at all. The only time last year when I really listened was when Lewis was talking about Roughead just after they announced he had melenoma again. I don't think current players really add anything to the show and shouldn't be regular guests.

I think they can add another panel member this year to mix it up. Not sure who should be the 3rd member but most of the other sports shows I like have at least 3 panelists who all bounce off each other.

My favourite segment each week is when King and Maclure are on Wednesday. I like both of them and the dynamic of the show changes because Robbo doesn't go on huge rants and whilst I understand King can go overboard with theories at times, I do like listening to him analyse games/stats. I think King on AFL 360 as a regular and On the Couch is overkill though.

I get the formula in what they are aiming for in embedding guys who build up that rapport with the audience over the course of the year, Murphy and Lewis are probably cases of success stories with this, but other regular guests just haven't quite hit the mark.

Nathan Buckley will not be on coaches night each Monday according to the Herald Sun. Buckley's decision to leave AFL 360 was his own. St Kilda coach Alan Richardson will join Chris Scott every Monday on AFL 360.

Well it would be embarrassing after he gets sacked halfway through the year ;)

As a Saints fan I'm wrapt to have Richardson on as it will give us more airtime, but he isn't outspoken enough to be on one of these shows.

Agree that they need to mix it up through.

Oh Richo, you poor b*****d. I have it on good authority, actually I don't, but in the tradition of fake news let me say that Richo dropped to his knees and prayed when his club asked him to do AFL180. And then he called his manager asking for compensation if he's to share a room with slobbo every week this season. There's one reason, and one reason only that clubs put their coach on AFL180, and that's 'damage control'. It gives the club a public outlet to defend themselves if the team goes south. I know Buckley did it because his club were perceived as not being particularly transparent, and pies fans were getting a bit restless. I don't think the Cats need to do it. The perpetual media darlings of the AFL. Scott must be self-loathing.

Theres a reason why when AFL 360 was only on one day a week that the only regular guests were King and Maclure.

As has already been mentioned, they badly need to mix up the panelists a bit more... Maybe a rotation over 2-3 weeks could be good? So different coaches each Monday night, different players on whatever night the players are on (I can't even remember cause I just switched it off last year when the players came on they were that boring) and different 'legends' and different media personalities rotating over a 2/3 week period. Just to mix it up a little and get more variety of opinions out there.

Show needs to improve. Maybe replace Robbo with Mike Sheahan, Gerard Whatley with Anthony Hudson and it will attract more viewers. Mike and Huddo will make the show more watchable than in its current form.

I don't mind the show, granted at the start of each season there should be a freshen up of players and coaches. But it is still better than Footy Classified, the footy show and anything channel 7 tries to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're setting up like those round table things. It's gonna be hard watching.

Set is fine. Eventually you get used to it and forget what the old set looked like.

Only issue is the camera angle when they try to fit the large tv screen to the side and the panel in the same shot. It was better when they just showed footage on the screen with them talking in the background.

Good to have it back though.

Great to have it back - it feels like footy season now.

For his first night, I thought Richardson was interesting to listen to. I wondered whether he had the charisma to do it, but he was good tonight, and I'm sure he'll get better with experience.

With them getting Richardson on, and with Lewis changing clubs, I think it'll be good to get some perspectives from different clubs this season.

Love it when slobbo started whinging complaining that his paper rang up and apparently got a report saying St Kilda is number 2 for handouts from the AFL and McLaughlin shut him down. Also loved how McLaughlin asked how his 50th went and if he had a lady friend there. Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back